Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh, so much good stuff... poor Clark, convinced his life is over, but when she convinces him that it's not, he's suddenly eager to tell all... and I like that Lois is respecting his efforts.

Loved the inner musings about the silk sheets goofy I think I have that picture on my hard drive!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very nice smile .

Can't wait for more!

[Sorry - still getting better... Not all that coherent... Hopefully better FDK next time...]

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love the reveals where Lois is smart enough to realize that, as much as it goes against her instincts, that telling all about Clark is not a good thing.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Pam, Carol and Dandello. Thanks for the comments - I'm glad you all liked the revelation.

I think I have that picture on my hard drive!
Inspirational, is it not? drool

BJ

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I absolutely loved the musings of Lois when she was in the closet. It was very funny thinking of her picturing the silk sheets and the leather

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nicely done reveal. Poor Clark, ranting away only to find out that Lois is on his side.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This part was great!

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and has the duck’s super suits hanging in his secret compartment, well it doesn’t take a paranoid military madman to put it together.
This is hilarious! Great twist on that quote!

Clark's rant also made me laugh out loud. Love that Lois either ignored or missed his comment about not being able to think straight around her...

Their conversation was great - I hope Lois gets to meet Martha soon!

And of course she's going to use Clark's abilities in the investigation now - bad guys don't stand a chance!

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another great part!
After another moment of indecision, I place my hands flat against the wood and press to my right, sliding the panel softly aside far enough to look into Clark’s bedroom. Clark is sitting on his bed with his head resting in his hands, his shoulders slumped in defeat.
His life is over, thinks Clark. His worst nightmare (well, maybe not quite the worst) upon him. Lois Lane, journalist, LNN producer, knows his secret. It'll be out in the world media tomorrow.

“I was so excited,” he says. “I even told my parents about working with you. ‘Gee, Clark, do you think that’s wise? What if she figures you out?’ They warned me to be careful, that it was dangerous to spend so much time with you, but did I listen? Of course not! I mean, no one else has put it together. Surely I can fool Lois Lane.”
I love this rant. He's actually channeling the Lois babbling here.

“And how fast can you fly us to Metropolis?” I ask, ignoring his suspicious look.

“About twenty minutes, more if we take our time. Why?”

A slow mischievous smile creases my face. “Trask is probably half way to Metropolis by now. How do you feel about a little breaking and entering before he gets there?”
I can't wait for the next part!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just re-read it, and I was right the first time, this is great. Possiby my favorite line:

"Clark flashes *that* smile at me and my stomach flips. He’s going to have to start warning me before he does that or I won’t be held accountable for my actions."

Love the idea that she wants a warning goofy
She's a goner. Still it's only fair since he is, too smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, while I don’t believe I’m qualified to say this is the best part so far, it is certainly my favorite part. laugh

The train of thought in the closet is superb. The discovery of the secret compartment, Lois’s speculation about the nature of the cloth that was hidden there and finally the realization of Clark’s identity were all done just SO well. notworthy

Then, Clark's reaction was wonderful. I absolutely agree with IolantheAlias that Clark is in a full Lois-like babble. lol

I hope that Lois didn’t miss this part:
...I can’t think straight when you’re around...”
And of course, Clark explaining how Lois created Superman, (by providing a means for a disguise) even though she had never met Clark, was simply inspired.

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Poor Clark - he never has much luck with his secret compartments. Now if he built them so you needed super-strength to open them...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have been just about extremely wary of this story, for one reason - Luthor. No, make that two reasons - Luthor and Trask. Villains make me cringe. I can't stand them. Don't want to read about them for my own pleasure. And the very thought of Lois being married to Luthor is awful and downright painful!

Oh, but the feedback here was so enthusiastic that I decided that I had to read this part. And it was lovely indeed. I love this Lois and Clark, and I love seeing them together. And the whole thing is just brilliantly written.

But I'm probably outta here the moment Lex shows his face in this fic!

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
I finally got the chance to catch up with parts 7, 8 and 9.

I really loved the time just after Lois discovered the suits. The initial connection she was already feeling deepened considerably - and very naturally. The links Clark made between Lois and his mother were great. I also loved his 'how dumb was I to think I could trick Lois Lane' lines.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the wonderful comments about the last chapter.

Robinson - I'm glad that Lois's musings were amusing. Thanks for the comments.

James - Glad to hear you enjoyed the reveal and am happy to hear that Clark is coming through loud and clear. laugh

Amber - Thanks for the quote. I amuse myself sometimes, so it's nice to see the jokes were appreciated.

I hope Lois gets to meet Martha soon!
I love Martha, too, but we're not going to be seeing her 'in the flesh', so to speak. I had a hard enough time keeping this story under control. Can you believe my original goal was to write the story in 5 chapters. Yeah, go ahead and laugh now...
goofy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Brenda!

Enjoyed pt 9. I sort of expected the closet thing and it was so much fun laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I loved the duck line too.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard