Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wonderful, Kaethel. A very nice, sweet, waffy end. I like how Clark sees through Lois's insecurties and offers to be friends until she is ready for more. And I adore the smoochies!

Too bad you didn't actually made Clark do something to Claude. <G> Yeah, I know, evil mode kicking in. It would have been fun anyway. laugh

Now get back to writing Kae, like NWH2...

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. drool

mad I wanted to see more of Claude, the low life creature. You portray him as a man who everything he did was perfectly normal and had no guilt about it. And if you can't live with it is your problem and not his. He have a clean conscience.

He really boil my blood. mad

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ahhh, Kae, what to say to an author who is incredibly insightful, and equally amazing:

Well, for starters... this story was passionate and delicate in its situations. I have very rarely seen such things achieved in a story as short as yours (not that it was too short-- okay, it could have been longer wink ), and for this I commend you!

I may not have said this before, but your presence on this board is dire and while I know you need to make a living... is it really so bad an idea to just stay at home and write fanfiction all day?

Fine. Be that way <g>

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No!" She looked up at him, her eyes bright with tears, and he felt his heart break at the sight. "No," she said more calmly. "Stay. Please."
I love desperation. Desperation makes the world go 'round, and when that desperation is embodied in Lois Lane, you really have something :p .

"Do you still love him?" She looked up sharply, and he winced. "I'm sorry; it's none of my business - "

"I don't know."

" - forget I asked... what?"

"I don't know if I still love him."
While I'm sure someone would say, "How can she love him after what he did to her?" and admittedly, I'm one of them, I understand the reasoning behind this. Its painful giving up on love, on the one person you thought "hung the moon". Lois is such a delicate character, though she is often portrayed as a willful, strong, "woman-in-the-man's-world-surviving", you have brought out the contrast so well in this.

"Do you want me to tear him limb from limb?"

She straightened up in her chair, and her eyes widened in surprise. At least it wasn't what she had feared, but the mental image of Clark giving Claude what he deserved had its appeal. She caught the teasing gleam in her partner's eyes. "Would you do it if I said yes?"

"Would you visit me in my lonely jail if I did?"

"Would you kiss me again if I asked you to?"

The smile vanished from his face, and she felt her breath catch in her throat at the loving expression on his face. Clark Kent didn't need declarations of love to show her that he cared. She closed her eyes, her heart racing as she let her fears be swept away by his kiss.
Ahh WAFFY moments are great sloppy . I liked how you played with the dialogue, keeping it light hearted but not sparing the details that expressed the empassioned love between these two, however much it still lays within the innocent stages.

I'm hoping for a sequel to this... but after you've written the sequel to NWH. laugh

-Jo jump

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hi Kae!

"Lois..."

No... please no. Don't let him ruin this moment with a declaration of undying love, she prayed fervently. She was unable to honestly return his feelings yet. She knew there was more than friendship between them - it would be tough to deny after that kiss - but she wasn't ready to acknowledge it yet. One step at a time. One tiny step at a time. She braced herself for the worst. "Yes, Clark?"

LOL. I loved that paragraphs, and what was next, and what was before...

A perfect story. Congratulations! clap

See ya & keep writing.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, Clark, *I* want you to tear him limb from limb! goofy

Beautiful, Kae. And this is from someone who is notorious for wanting all the loose ends tied up in a happy ending *right* *now* wink so it's unusual for me to really admire a story that stops short of that... but even I can see that Lois isn't ready for that yet.

Good job smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting. You made the characters all very real. You put A true take of what Claude felt into the situation. That was different for us to think about Claudes side of the story. You also made Lois still have feelings for him, I found that to be very real. You just don't forget your first love no matter how much time goes by or who you are with. It was also real the way she wasn't ready to go further with CLark yet. You have a good understanding of relationship dynamics. Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beautiful, waffy and very sweet, Kae. I love the way that you don't have them rushing headlong into romance from here, but leave it open with a tentative first step towards a relationship. Superb and a fresh take on things. clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kaethel

WOW! A wonderful ending! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Bravo, Kaethel! clap

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just noticed P2 a few moments ago, and now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t spot it sooner! <g>.

May I start by saying that I absolutely LOVE Delta Goodrem, so this story was instantly a hit <g>. It’s amazing! You combined a terrific mix of angst and waffs and tied it all together with some amazing dialogue… staying perfectly in character all the way through, especially with Claude clap

I hope that I’ll spot the *next* story that you post to the boards soon enough to catch P1 in time… wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara wink

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay Kae! It was door number one after all. Claude's nowhere to be seen in Part 2 and Lois is now realizing she could very well fall in love with Clark. Thank you, Claude, for putting them together.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No!" She looked up at him, her eyes bright with tears, and he felt his heart break at the sight. "No," she said more calmly. "Stay. Please."
It's sweet that Lois is comfortable enough with Clark to receive comfort from him. And she's willing to show her vulnerability to him.

"Do you still love him?" She looked up sharply, and he winced. "I'm sorry; it's none of my business - "

"I don't know."

" - forget I asked... what?"

"I don't know if I still love him."
Ouch. This must have been pretty hard for Clark to hear, but I suppose it's quite reasonable that her heart is still having trouble getting over what she thought was her great love. Even if she isn't really in love with Claude, it's hard to convince yourself sometimes.

"You're not. I'm just... well, I'll be frank. I'm furious."

This time her eyes flashed anger at him. "Well, I didn't ask you to judge me, Kent!"

"No! Lois, it's not you I'm furious with!"
Poor Lois. She's still sensitive to the charge that she did something wrong. And she assumes automatically that Clark is judging her and finding her lacking. She isn't used to having sympathy from men, but Clark goes out of his way to show her that she did nothing wrong, and that Claude was a skunk who didn't deserve her. Partly, he does this by admitting his own failed relationship. For Clark, who guards his privacy to extremes, this is a significant admission.

To her, Clark had always been single and available. It was one of the immutable truths of this world: just like the sun rose every morning, just like the night fell every evening, Clark Kent was and would always be a sexless friend
I'm glad Lois realizes that she's been taking Clark for granted and that he may not always be there for her if someone else snatches him up. I like these lines a lot.

"He was an idiot not to see how lucky he was to have you in his life, Lois. Don't let him make you doubt how attractive you are. You're beautiful, you're brilliant, and whoever you choose to share your life with will be the luckiest man on earth."
You sweet talker, Clark. smile Nice.

No... please no. Don't let him ruin this moment with a declaration of undying love, she prayed fervently. She was unable to honestly return his feelings yet. She knew there was more than friendship between them - it would be tough to deny after that kiss - but she wasn't ready to acknowledge it yet. One step at a time. One tiny step at a time. She braced herself for the worst. "Yes, Clark?"

Surprising that Clark knows Lois so well at this point in time, since it hasn't been that long since they've known each other. He knows instinctively not to pressure her into something she isn't quite ready for.

Whoo hoo!!!

"I know you're not. And... I'm willing to wait until you are. Until then - I'll be your friend. If you'll let me. Until you can trust me the way I trust you."
He knows just what to do to put her at ease, at the same time telling her that he'll be there when she's ready to accept him.

Nice conclusion, even if their relationship is left hanging. In a way, it's more realistic since the time frame is still early in their acquaintance. One bit of curiosity I have is why you chose this particular time period midway through first season. It seems this story could work anywhere from GGGoH to mid-second season.

Now I'd like to see some more Near Wild Heaven. Nag, nag! wink

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Features Writer
Features Writer
Kaethel,
they said it
nice story - wonderful - sweet - waffy
you get the idea
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Kae, another well done fic.

I liked your take on Claude and the way you contrasted his vs. Lois' view on what 'really' happened way back when.

Your Clark is pretty insightful. Logical way to end the fic. Kudos for resisting turning the finish into a kissing fest.

Tank (who still refuses to use that 's' word to describe kissing)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay Kae!! smile1 Beautiful kiss, and I adored this exchange:

She straightened up in her chair, and her eyes widened in surprise. At least it wasn't what she had feared, but the mental image of Clark giving Claude what he deserved had its appeal. She caught the teasing gleam in her partner's eyes. "Would you do it if I said yes?"

"Would you visit me in my lonely jail if I did?"

Awwww!! me melts.

And the way you left it is just right, too: Lois isn't ready for anything more, and if either she or Clark pushed for it, it wouldn't work. She needs more time to learn to trust him and to distance herself from Claude. As she told Clark, she doesn't know if she still loves Claude.

And we all know that Clark is a v-very patient man! wink

Great story!!

Wendy (who thinks that Clark should go and find Claude and give him a stern talking-to! mad )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww what a lovely little fic Kaethel, nice job thumbsup

Wendy's just quoted my fav bit so I wont re-quote it. smile

BTW I'm a bit of a Delta fan, she's such a trooper. She still manages to release #1 hits while battling Hodgkin's disease.

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am *very* late at the party, but I hope it's better than nothing... I just got back from a... "trip" away from home, so I've got a lot to catch up with, although this is from way before...

Thing is... I was absolutely, completely and utterly speechless after reading this story. You have such a *unique* way of writing the dialogue, and it's funny and brilliant and absolutely perfect!!

And the title... I remember a short time after reading this, several things struck me, and I finally managed to put words into a feeling I've had in me for so long, but didn't know how to explain it; just how something that is *so* right can come to you at a completely wrong time, Seasons Out of Time . Brilliant! smile1

oh, and you're to blame for my obsession with Delta, you know that, right? THANKS!! goofy

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm very, very, very ashamed of myself, guys. I keep taking good resolutions that I'm going to be organised and reply to threads as fast as possible, then something comes along and takes me away from the boards for a week, then other things pile up and I end up being very very late replying. blush So apologies to you all for taking so long!!

Saskia, LOL at your thread title! Why didn't Claude get kicked? Aww, don't you think he deserves a medal for having brought Lois and Clark closer? [g]

Thanks to all those of you who commented on the way I portrayed Claude. He's always been a character that fascinates me, because he played a big part in Lois's past, and yet we know so little about him. I'm thrilled that you liked the way I dealt with him in this story. blush

I'm also grateful that you didn't yell at me for the end. Pam, wow!! And yeah, like you I tend to prefer endings that are nicely wrapped with a little bow and good ol' smoochies goofy , but here it seemed impossible for Lois and Clark to move to a committed relationship so very fast. They've already made a big step forward by admitting that there's something more than friendship going on between the two of them. smile

Roger, you ask why I chose to set this story in mid S1 instead of S2... well, I wanted Lois and Clark not to be too close, because my original goal was to see Clark's reaction to Claude showing up before he had time to be Lois's best friend. I also didn't want the Luthor issue to come up, as I needed Claude to be the last man that Lois had loved and truly been with.

Thank you all again for your great feedback, Saskia, Maria, Jocelyn, Anna, Pam, Laura, José, Rat, Tricia, Sara, Roger, Merry, Tank, Wendy, Iapetus and Pel! blush

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard