Next Thread
Print Thread
#60957 02/13/09 11:31 AM
M
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
Good part. I like the fact the Clark didn't try to make up an excuse, he just 'had to go'. <g> I'm waiting for his internal struggle on being attracted to a married woman.

Max

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like that Lois is reclaiming herself. No longer Lois Luthor - watch out! Lois Lane is coming back.

I hope there are many more chapters to come! I can't wait to see what happens with the Trask thing, with Luthor, and with Superman!

Please post more soon.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This is a great section for really getting to see the old Lois reassert herself: This part:
It hits me again how in marrying Lex I’d lost part of myself. In my despondency and confusion, I’d given up Lois Lane to become Lois Luthor. My eyes narrow and my jaw clenches with my resolve. No more. I’ve reclaimed Lois Lane and vow never to lose sight of her again.
really captures so much of her realization, not about Lex, but about herself.

I like their relationship but...
Our story – I really like the sound of that. Not as good as *my* story, but it feels pretty nice anyway.
Lois is still Lois! lol

Based on the scene when Lois catches him checking her out, it seems that he is really struggling with his attraction. He is very attracted to her but she IS married.

And this:
“Now? What errand could you possibly need to run this late?”

“I just need to go and do … something that needs doing.”
I like that he's not making up lame excuses but I wouldn't think it will take Lois very long to start putting pieces together.

BJ, is this really only going to run only 18 parts? I have no complaints but it feels like it will take longer than that.

Bob

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Another excellent part.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Lois knowing General Combover laugh And she's responding properly to Clark laugh

Great part, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice addition.

Looking forward to more.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm looking forward to more, too. I only hope that Lois doesn't lose her head regarding Clark. I would think that despite his obvious attraction to her he would respect her marriage vows, even if she's planning to put her husband behind bars for more than the rest of his natural life.

In fact, that might be an excellent plot point, if it isn't already one. We might see Lois and Clark have to work to keep from falling into each others' arms because of Lois' marriage. Besides the personal angle, if they were involved romantically it would tend to remove Clark's objectivity.

"Members of the jury, please observe the head investigator! His real reason for 'finding' this evidence against my client was because he wanted the defendant's wife for himself!"

No, that wouldn't play well in Peoria. Or in Metropolis, either. If Perry were still around, he'd yell at them for even thinking about it. Maybe Clark's editor will have a heart-to-heart with them about it.

Great story, great premise, and great writing. What more could we want?

The next post, of course.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks to all of you for the kind words and for taking the time to provide feedback during Kerth season. evil

Next part shall be posted soon.
BJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard