Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6070 09/07/03 08:31 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wonderful part 1, Kaethel! smile1 I love it! smile And I'm glad you finally posted.

I like how you're using Claude. First having Clark reconize him instantly, while he never even met the guy. Then the whole conversation with Lois... great! The way he changes everything she sais to turn the events in his advantage clap And then he notices how Clark feels. Poor Lois! /me feels the need to use her 2x4 on Claude, maybe that would help wink

There's only one thing missing... Where is part 2?????

Come on, you can't let me hanging here till Saturday! Please post more right now? notworthy

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Great part. smile1

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is great stuff! We'll have to have Wendy play you music more often, if this is what it inspires. laugh

Your portrayal of Claude is great. grumble

Ahem, part 2? wildguy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great stuff, Kae. razz Does Clark thump him in part two? Well, can but hope.

LabRat (dashing off to read part two and very glad she's a beta. laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Kaethel,
wonderful part
part 2 soon please
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Kae, nice little beginning.

We all knew it was Claude and it was fun to see his and Lois' conversation. Lois' confused emotions were very well done. I like how Claude's version of things seemed so logical from his point of view. I half expected him to tell Lois she should thank him for helping to make her the great reporter that she is now.

Since I've finished this part you can post the next one.

Tank (who figures he can give Kae until tomorrow to post the next part since he won't be able to read it until then... wait, he has to work late tomorrow, okay, tuesday then)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey..good stuff Kaethel! thumbsup thumbsup

Looking forward to part 2!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Real tears! Everything to this part was incredibly emotional, and I couldn't help but feel the confusion and pain that Lois was feeling, and it made me cry! I never cry! This was amazing, and I can't believe the audacity of Claude!

But in truth he was right, that even though she denied it, she couldn't forget everything. These were painfully raw scenes and you wrote them with such grace and sympathy. I love your writing and this just cemented that fact.

-Jo

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice Helene! I am looking forward to the part where she realizes that Clark is the one<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Kaethel

WOW! This is excellent. razz

I can't wait to read the next part. Please post it ASAP.

Tricia cool

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part 1, Kae. You portrayed Lois' confusion about her feelings towards the man who betrayed her very nicely. She still feels the attraction she had for him, which wars against her brain which is telling her he is trouble.

Then Claude tells things from his point of view, treating things as just two people sleeping together because they wanted to, rather than because of a deep emotional attachment. He's just smooth enough to throw doubt into Lois' thought processes about whether he is as big a louse as she thought he was.

I have no idea where this story is heading, but I can make my guesses. With Claude making hints about Clark, it's possible he could become a catalyst that allows Lois to realize she is attracted to Clark, thereby allowing them to get together. Or he could end up seducing Lois again, hurting her even more. Since there's only one part left, I have to go with gut instinct and say door number one. smile

Any way it goes, it's an intriguing setup. I look forward to Part 2. That comes tomorrow, right? laugh

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Kae, I must play my favourite angsty songs to you more often, if this is the result! goofy And, of course, as readers here don't know yet, another such song has grabbed your attention... wink can't wait to see what comes out of that!

I simply adore this story from start to finish. As others have said, it's a treat to see a well-rounded Claude and to be able to visualise just what went on between him and Lois more clearly. You wrote his own slimy justification so well that at times we almost did find ourselves being convinced - certainly recognising that Lois was very young and naive at the time. But, of course, Claude sees no remorse and believes in a maxim which Lois clearly adopts as her own: all's fair in love and war. frown

You write Lois so well here; the rush of renewed pain and bitterness when she sees Claude again, the reminder of how foolish and credible she was at the time. It's clear that she feels herself being dragged right back to that awful morning when she woke up and found herself betrayed and humiliated. frown Poor Lois! Yet she manages to hold her own outwardly very well.

At the same time, I do wonder what Clark's thinking... is he watching what's going on? Is he listening?

Oh, and Claude's comment about Lois and Clark's relationship... interesting!! wink Any chance that Clark might try to prove him right? Well, a girl can hope, can't she? evil

POST PART 2 SOON!!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have one thing to say...

MORE!!!!!!!

This is absolutely wonderful! You capture Lois' perfectly, as Roger said, fighting against the attraction that she knows shouldn't be there.

Can't wait for part 2
Caroline

You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?
~Bernadette Peters
Kerth
Kerth
razz

Like being with Kent?"

She blinked, taken aback by the abrupt change of subject. "What? What's Clark got to do with this?"

"I've seen the way he looks at you. Come on, Lois, how long do you think you two can keep it a secret?"

What was he talking about? "Keep what a secret? What way?"
eek

Jose notworthy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey guys smile

I'm sorry, I'm going to keep this short because I'm knackered (loooong day at school :p ). I still wanted to post tonight, though. So apologies for not giving a long and detailed response.

I'm stunned and delighted by the positive response this one got so far - you made me smile and blush and even more eager to keep writing other WIPs, so thanks a lot to you all. smile

I was glad that many of you felt some sympathy for Claude - okay, sympathy might be pushing it goofy , but I was delighted that Claude's reasoning made enough sense to throw doubt into you (and Lois).

I'm also thrilled that you liked the way Lois reacted: I wanted her to be rocked between strength and weakness in front of him, so I'm glad some of you saw that. smile

As for Clark's reaction, your questions will (hopefully!) be answered in part 2.

Thank you so much again, Saskia, Maria, Rivka, Rat, Merry, Tank, Liz, Jocelyn, Laura, Tricia, Roger, Wendy, Caroline and Jose. blush

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard