Print Thread
#607 05/01/03 10:53 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Some minor changes in this section. Any thoughts?

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#608 05/01/03 11:01 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just one:

This story follows directly from
Playing to Win and will be followed soon (hopefully) by Playing for Keeps.
You mean "Playing the Part", right? wink

malu

#609 05/01/03 11:25 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally posted by malu:
Just one:

This story follows directly from
[b]Playing to Win
and will be followed soon (hopefully) by Playing for Keeps.
You mean "Playing the Part", right? wink

malu [/b]
ROTFL! Yes, I mean Playing the Part. I've gone back and edited this. Thanks from bringing it to my attention so that unsuspecting readers weren't confused. I have the hardest times keeping these stories straight. I'm constantly refering to them by the wrong name and confusing everyone. Sorry about that.

Annie

#610 05/01/03 11:46 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie
nice rewrite
keep it coming
merry

#611 05/01/03 12:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

"Our last order of business," Perry said finally, "is the Society of Professional Journalists conference being held in Washington, DC on Monday through Wednesday of next week. As you all know, this is a great opportunity to network with reporters from around country and catch up on some of the latest happenings in the world of journalism. And every year the Daily Planet sends a handful of representatives."
confused "Monday through Wednesday" are only three day on the rest of the story are talking about a week?

I'm looking forward to see the changes. laugh

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#612 05/01/03 04:36 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed this the first time around and am excited to get the chance to read it again. I'm keeping my eyes out for the changes!

Since the revisions have already been made, do we have to go through the torture of a posting schedule???? Yes? sad Okay... I guess I can handle that, but post more soon!

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#613 05/01/03 05:42 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie, I loved this when you posted on Zoom's boards, and I'm definitely rereading it now as you repost it. I like the additions you made, the extra time you spent exploring the thoughts that both Lois and Clark had about that past weekend, how each one had wanted to call the other but felt awkward and hoped that the other would be the one to call...

And as Maria pointed out, you made the change to the conference being Monday through Wednesday, yet many of your other references refer to "a week". I assume you just missed some of the references when you made the change - an easy fix...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#614 05/01/03 11:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, one thing hasn't changed -- this is still a heck of a lot of fun goofy We've got all this unresolved sexual tension and an evil author wink who insists on putting L&C in, um, challenging situations. Looking forward to the next part! As I recall, that one was a hoot <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#615 05/02/03 01:34 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Well, *eye* hadn't read either one of these yet, so I went back now and read the first story, then this part one. And I gotta say: Annie, hurry up and post the rest of it! You have me hooked well and truly, girl...

Melisma (sitting on the edge of her Rock in anticipation)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#616 05/02/03 08:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Annie, you're so evil! goofy I'm supposed to be studying for exams, and I see a revised story going up! I love it.

"Oh, look, Clark, the coffee stand got new cups. See? Their logo used to be a darker shade of blue. Or maybe they didn't change it, and these cups are just defective. Well, not really defective…I mean, obviously they work, or there would be coffee leaking everywhere. But maybe these are just faded or something-"
ROTFL. You've got the babbling down to a science; it's sooooo funny. thumbsup

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#617 05/02/03 08:46 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks everyone, I'm glad y'all are enjoying it the second time around. And thanks to everyone who pointed out inconsistencies. I've got some fri/sat problems etc still in here, but I think I've fixed it in the file. Also, i've tweaked it so that it explains that the conference is three days (Tues-Thurs) but they get a whole week off because they have Mon and Fri to travel.

Since the revisions have already been made, do we have to go through the torture of a posting schedule???? Yes? Okay... I guess I can handle that, but post more soon!
LOL. I did actually consider posting it all at once, but I decided against it because I didn't want to overwhelm people. But I promise I'll post quickly.

All right, on to part two. smile

Annie

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard