#60549 01/31/09 07:37 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK here.

Thanks. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
aww! That was fabulous! So glad for the happy ending! Loved how you paralleled the two universes in a unique way!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful ending clap

“You are *not* using that phone,” she repeated.

“Why not?”

“There’s a subliminal message on it.”

“I know, about the gun laws.”

“No, a different one.”

“What is it?”

“I’m not sure exactly, but it made Tempus like ... a clone on her wedding night.”

Comprehension dawned on Superman’s face and he laughed. “I think I could probably withstand it.”

“We are *not* taking the risk.”
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I didn't really give this story a chance mainly for two reasons. I don't like galactically stupid Lois, particularly not when she is blithely marrying an arch-criminal, and I don't much like fics where arch-criminals play an important part.

Ah, but a good ending can be a joy to read! So I decided to go for part four here. I found that I probably didn't miss much by skipping the previous parts - just Lois marrying Tex and Tex putting Clark in a Kryptonite cage - but there were some real delicacies in this final part. Such as this:

“How can we help Lois?” she asked quietly. “She's hurting so bad now. She is sure Clark is dead.”

“We can't tell her he's alive without telling her ...”

“Maybe that's what we should do.”

“It's not our secret to tell, Lois. Anything we alter, they have to deal with.”

“So we should allow them to keep bumbling around, continually colliding into a glass barricade she doesn't know is there and he thinks is impenetrable?” She backed away so she could see his face. “I know how she's feeling.” Her voice shook with the memory. “We *have* to tell her.”

Clark sighed and glanced at not-our Clark lying on the bed. “Would they want us to interfere?”
Would they want us to interfere? That's so easy for Clark to say! He always liked, no, make that loved, his secret. He always clung to it. He wasn't quite sure what he valued more, Lois or his secret. I always felt that he might have sacrificed Lois just to keep his secret. In the show, he decided to have both, Lois as well as his secret, so he proposed to her without telling her about himself.

But Lois won't condemn the other Lois to the same heartache that she has suffered herself. She won't back down this time:

“That night, after I'd seen Clyde shoot you, the night I thought you were dead... was the worst night of my life. Worse than the night you went to New Krypton –“

“Worse than that?” he said, a tremor in his voice.

“In a sense, yes. Because then you were alive and you knew I loved you. But the night I thought you were dead ... so much regret, so many wasted opportunities, so much left unsaid. I thought the best thing in my life had ended before it even started.”

“Are you sure? About telling her?”

“She believes he died thinking she'd married Tempus.”

Clark pulled her against him again. “I'll tell her,” he said.

“No, I'll do it.” She moved away and smiled teasingly. “Last time, you rehearsed for months and still didn't get it right.”
Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!!

And Lois got it so right, too. You know, one of the reasons why I didn't read the story was that there were two Lois and Clarks in it. I didn't really feel for such a story. But here it came out perfectly, when 'our' Lois could tell 'not our Lois' Clark's secret.

I completely loved the ending, too:

“Don't lie to me, beautiful wife. I saw his chest and it's just as defined as mine.”

She giggled as his biting turned to nibbling, then to kissing. “It was your hair.”

“My hair?”

“When you're Superman, you part your hair straight back and then across, sort of like an "L'”

“What does he do?”

“Sweeps it back on both sides.”

“So it was the "L'?”

“Uh huh. The "L' ... like you"re marked as mine.”

He lifted her fully onto his chest. “Always.” He kissed her. “Forever.” Kiss. “In my heart.” Kiss. “Everywhere else.”

She nestled her body even closer into his. “Now,” she purred. “About those *special techniques* of yours ...”
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Superman wears an 'L' in his hair, as well as in his heart, because of his love for Lois! sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy sloppy

What a lovely ending!!!!!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely! Loved how our Lois & Clark used their hard experiences to spare the other Lois & Clark some trials and heartache. And the Lois-to-Lois revelation was terrific.

And thank you for finally telling me how she could tell the difference! lol

Great attention to detail and a wonderful "what-if." Thanks for sharing it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved it. Just a wonderful and satisfying end to a lovely fic. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet ending. I loved how she could tell them apart.

Elisabeth
who is too lazy to log off James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the FDK!

bellarata - glad you enjoyed the ending. Thanks.

Michael - more smilies wink . Thanks for reading and taking the time to respond to the bits you liked.

Ann - I really appreciate your honesty in saying this wasn't really your sort of story, yet still taking the time to post FDK. I'm glad you found some enjoyable bits in the final part.

Re - the revelation, once I had 2 Loises, there was no way Clark could do the telling. I had to let Lois experience what the other side felt like.

Pam - Thanks for your FDK. You were right about the hair gel!

Laura - thanks again. I'm really glad you enjoyed the story.

Elisabeth - thanks for the FDK. I hope your lives are getting a little easier.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad you like them smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
Great ending I love how you worked it all out even without having Tempus swallow the pill.
Our Lois and Clark are giving advice to Not-our L&C, like let HER speak first. clap

Kathryn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just finished reading this story and I loved it immensely smile dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This really is James and I loved this story!

Love the parallels and the 'advice'.

Most unique revelation I've read yet.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so, now we can follow the story of not-our-lois and clark, right?

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathryn - thanks for reading and posting FDK. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

AnKS - glad you liked it. Thanks for taking the time to tell me.

James - I wrote a lot of this story during the early stages of your health difficulties, so was thinking of you and Elisabeth as I wrote.

I'm so glad you read it and enjoyed it.

Most unique revelation I've read yet.
Whoa - thanks!

Sarahg -

so, now we can follow the story of not-our-lois and clark, right?
Not any time soon, not by me anyway.

I have other ideas scrambling for attention first.

But I do appreciate your encouragement! Thanks.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard