Next Thread
Print Thread
#60529 01/31/09 05:50 AM
M
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
Appreciate any comments or suggestions to help the story.

TOC: Reflections TOC

Max

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I liked this chapter... especially Martha, =) I can't wait to see how the ball goes.

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good part! I really liked it. Clark's dream was horribly scary. You want suggestions, by the way? Okay, here's mine. Whatever you do, don't let Clark's dream come true!!! Because if you do, then, to paraphrase Martha, I may have to hurt you! sloppy

Ann

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Holy cement shoes, I dont ever want Martha or Jonathan mad at me.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good progress. Yes, don't let the dream come true. I like Clark's continuous feelings of deja vu because that's pretty much my life. I always feel like I've been there before. The only thing I can ask for is more. Looking forward to the White Orchid Ball. Oh, please let Lois ogle Clark in the tux.
I'd grown a bit weary of pilot rewrites, but you've put a really fresh spin on it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice chapter. I actually think Clark's dream is a good thing. Clark thinks that if he can keep his distance from Lois, that she won't get close enough to hurt him and/or betray him like Lena did. But the dream (and Martha's perceptive comments at the end) tells us it's already too late.
“Beautiful.” He looked directly back into her eyes before realizing that their faces were only a couple of inches from each other. He quickly straightened up, cleared his throat, and said, “I mean, it looks great. We should send it to Perry.”

Lois lost the amusement on her face and said softly. “Sure, Clark.”
He's already a goner and I think Lois knows it. I love how compassionate this Lois is - that she sees his hurt and because she can relate to it, she's driven both to understand and to asuage his pain (or at least not to spook him).

Also, I LOVED the interaction between Martha, Jonathan and Clark.
So what is she like... other than pretty?”

Clark rolled his eyes, and shook his head. Then he thought about it for a moment. What was Lois Lane like?

“Well, Mom, she’s hard to pin down. She tenacious, and can be a little on the headstrong side. She obviously wants people to think that she’s tough and uncompromising, but her bed is full of stuffed animals. I thought that was strange. And she’s a big fan of this cheesy soap opera.”

Martha was about to interrupt and ask Clark something, but Jonathan stopped her by placing a hand on her shoulder, and shaking his head. Clark eyes focused off into infinity as he continued.

“She can be a real pain sometimes, and she hates to accept help. But then again she didn’t say anything about watching over her while she slept.”

Martha’s eyes got very wide, and she opened her mouth to speak, but Jonathan just gripped her shoulder a little tighter.
Sorry for quoting so much, but Martha's excitement and Jonathan's shoulder squeezing told me so much about the characters in so few words. Brilliant.

More soon.
BJ

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, that dream. I really thought you pulled one on us there eek

“Also, she’s apparently a human target for a large contingent of the criminal element in Metropolis. Superman may have to make a career out of protecting her.” He sighed, and then refocused back on his mother. “Speaking of which, I better get going.”
smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
M
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
Thank you for the comments. I am posting Chapter 15 tomorrow, and will be sending the next two chapters to my Beta Readers tomorrow also.

The story now leaves the season rewrite stage and the story becomes even more different.

I hope you are liking this emotional role reversal point of view (where Clark is the one who has been burned by the bad past relationship).

Anyway, stay tuned.

Max

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part and I am loving the role reversal part

robinson

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard