Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK here.

TIA smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I'm on the edge of my seat! More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This has been an enjoyable little ride so far. Keeping track of the different Lois and Clark's has been part of the fun.

I'm not sure about the actual mechanics of using the elevator as you suggest, but I did think it quite clever.

There should be a lot of confusing conversations when they all get back together at the end of this little adventure.

Tank (who thinks that altLois will realize that she likes ourLois' short hair and will decide that she needs 'the cut' also)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow I'm completely hooked.

Tempus should have swallowed the pill himself
devil

Kathryn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not-our Lois’s face was beyond flabbergasted as she looked from the cage to the doorway. “Two Supermans,” she muttered faintly. “Of course, two Loises, two Clarks, there *had* to be two Supermans.” She looked at Lois, eyebrows raised. “Which one’s mine?”
clap

They both fell with him and Clark was treated to the sight of two deliciously-shaped derrieres.

The exposure to the Kryptonite had rendered him dizzy, nauseous and in substantial pain.

But a man would have to be dead not to have appreciated that sight.
evil laugh

“Lois!” Lois ran to the cage. “What were you doing? If the cage had fallen on you, it would’ve killed you.”

She looked up defiantly. “You never jump first, think second?”

“No! Ok, maybe. But -“
jump

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't wait for the conclusion, either, but this story is so good that I wish you'd expand it somewhat.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks everyone for the FDK.

Laura - you're always encouraging. Thanks.

Tank -

I'm not sure about the actual mechanics of using the elevator as you suggest ...
Me either! But I couldn't think of a good reason why it wouldn't work.

Re: Lois's hair - right at the end of S4, I thought her hair was growing again, in fact, not that different from the early parts of S1.

Close enough that I could get away with it - and the wig helped, of course.

Kathryn - I spent a bit of time trying to work that pill into Tempus's mouth, but nothing seemed viable.

And then there's the question of what to do with a permanently hypnotised Tempus - satisfying definitely, but very limiting for future conflict evil

Michael - I enjoy your expressive use of smilies. Thanks for your FDK.

IolantheAlias - thanks! Your 'I wish you'd expand it somewhat,' comment made my day. smile

As for the conclusion .... The past three days here have been 44, 43, and 45 deg C, which I think translates to about 111, 109 and 113 deg F. Today was a much more reasonable 35 (96?)!

The heat played havoc with our power supply ... so I lost a chunk of writing time.

So maybe a day or so ....

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just picked this up today and have found it to be a very enjoyable story.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I should comment that I thought "not-our Clark" and "not-our Lois" was a very cute way of differentiating the couples. Most original. I had not seen that before.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Elisabeth - thanks for the FDK, glad you're enjoying the story.

Artemis -

Originally posted by Artemis:
I should comment that I thought "not-our Clark" and "not-our Lois" was a very cute way of differentiating the couples. Most original. I had not seen that before.
cool
Artemis
In 'Lois and Clarks' Alt Clark says to Lois "I'm not your Clark." Later Lois says to Martha, "This isn't our Clark."

I (wrongly) remembered Lois's line as "This is not our Clark" so I called him not-our Clark.

At first, I thought it would be too cumbersome, but I think it works ok.

Thanks for your FDK! smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's not clunky at all. I love the differentiation, if for no other reason than because it sounds like something that someone would say or think.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard