Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I wasn't reading this before, but I read this part (it's a bad habit; you can't really tell what a fic's going to be like from the first part, so I tend to jump in mid-way), and wow. Really fascinating universe you've created, and I think I may be hooked.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
LOL!!!

I missed part 3 somehow.

I LOVE the soup kitchen part! Go Lois!

Can't wait to see them investigate Luthor!

Carol

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
this is getting better and better. I love the dialogue and the undercurrent of attraction and admiration

robinson
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Pam, go read it from the start. It's very good.

I just realized that the general Clark exposed should have stayed a major. (Major Domo, ah ha-ha-ha and ouch.)

This is vintage Mad Dog Lane. She manipulates the country's biggest crook into sending her exactly where she wants to go, she checks out her choice of partner and finds out he's under military surveillance and tips him off, she plots to work with her new partner and tells him who they're going after, and she still has time to get a little breathless in the nimbus of his smile.

And I wish you would've described Clark's astonishment that she not only knew his address, but that she'd cased it right under his eyes. Maybe he'll be a little less likely to take things at face value in this story, because if he makes one mistake he could bring all of Lex's wrath down on Lois and Bureau 39 smack down on his own head.

More, please. (I know I sound like I'm asking for more porridge, but I don't care! This is good stuff.)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great story. But somehow I can't believe that Lex is clueless. I'll have to wait for the next parts to find out.
*sigh*

Kathryn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Marvelous! smile1

Bob

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, thanks for the kind words and ... woohoo for hooking more readers!

Pam - thanks for starting the FDK thread. I'm thrilled that you're reading and am glad to hear that this AU is interesting to you. I still blame, er give credit to Patrick...

Carol - thanks for reading and laughing in the right place. This was actually the easiest part to write because I could totally see and hear Lois and Clark's interaction here. Stay tuned for the investigation.

Robinson - I'm happy to hear that the story is getting better. The pacing of the story was one concern of mine, since there's a bit of an ebb/flow to the remaining chapters. I'd be interested in hearing whether it continues to work.

Terry - Thanks for the rec. Oh, and you're right about Major Domo - I stole him from "Tempus Fugitive" and promoted him. wink
This is vintage Mad Dog Lane.
...and she still has time to get a little breathless in the nimbus of his smile.
drool

There will be a little more of Clark's reaction to Lois arrival in his life, but probably not in the way you were thinking. As for inviting Lex's wrath and/or Bureau 39.... RAFO
evil

Kathryn - Thanks for the comment. Yes, Lex has become a little careless and hasn't caught on to Lois. We'll hear more from him, but not yet.

Bob - Yay me! I'm glad that you'll be sticking around. Your comments are very appreciated.
I especially enjoyed Lois's defensiveness about being Lex's wife and being deceived. Then Clark paid her the ultimate complement
I'm glad you quoted this part because I felt the same way. Clark is just what she needs right now.

If nothing changes (based on feedback or other edits), there will be 18 parts to the story (including a short epilogue). Stay tuned - I'll try to get part 5 up today.

Brenda

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh nice, Brenda clap Lois following Clark and spotting his shadow and then having to stop herself from investigating them too laugh

But I think this one here's a bit unfair:
“Good. I hate every minute I’m spending at the LNN offices, but it’s worth it if Lex thinks he’s fooled me into doing his dirty work. Besides, getting away from Lex’s thug to follow Kent is child’s play.” Apparently, it’s beyond the dolt's imagination that I would rent the hotel room below mine and climb between balconies using a length of nylon rope.
lol

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard