Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sue S.:
And no, I'm not going to be using the "married no matter when" angle. <g>
/mumbles about there being a certain "slow" version.../

Michael evil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#60221 02/10/09 05:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just started reading this. CarolM pretty much hauled me over here by the scruff of my neck, and now I'm glad she did. This is *Awesome*! goofy
It's getting late now, but I have to read some more. Please keep this up.
notworthy

~•~
#60222 02/10/09 06:38 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hehe - knew you'd love it!

And then I made her go do more homework.

But she didn't finish it before she came back for more...

Carol

#60223 04/21/09 11:18 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Sue! When I started posting Foreshadowing, Terry put a line is his feedback saying "I don't think this is a rewrite of Ricochet." So I've been avoiding reading Ricochet at all, lest I be subconsciously plagiarizing it. I can see now why Terry brought it up. It was a lot of fun seeing what a *real* fanfic author does with the switch idea. Poor PLois, it's like one big inside joke and the joke is on her. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
#60224 04/22/09 04:46 AM
Kerth
Kerth
blush I have been terribly remiss in replying. Forgive me? thumbsup

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#60225 04/22/09 05:14 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Just so nobody thinks I'm accusing anyone of copying someone else's work, this story ("Ricochet") and HG's story ("Forward") use similar premises, but that's all they use. The setups are different, the characterizations are different, the conflicts they work to resolve are different, and the resolutions are different. This is a case where two talented authors got the same idea at about the same time and then developed that idea in two completely different ways.

And both stories are excellent. Both of you need to keep them going! In fact, as I write this, I'm waiting for the last chapter of each story with worms on my tongue.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#60226 04/22/09 06:53 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Worms on your tongue?! Spit them out, quick! Then rinse with listerine! Go do it right now!

Seriously, Terry, as I read farther in Richochet, I'm having a lot of fun seeing how a few key differences at the beginning can take the same basic premise in a completely different direction. I am still very glad that I didn't read this before I was done, though. I would have been playing serious mind-games with myself if I had.

So, Sue, when you're finished with Ricochet you can come read Foreshadowing, etc. and have some good laughs.[Feels Sue's pinch] Ouch! smile

Happy, who is flattered beyond words to be put in the same "two talented writers" phrase as Sue blush

This *is* my happily ever after.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard