Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6017 09/05/03 09:23 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks to everyone for the comments on the last part--this is all that's been completely beta'd. <bg> Tomatoes go here.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#6018 09/05/03 10:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. goofy

Rachel nodded solemnly. "Daddy, I have a secret, too, and it's not a good one. *They* said that if I told, they'd hurt me worser than Papa Gary did, but *you* won't let 'em, will you, Daddy?"

Clark's arms tightened slightly around his precious burden. "You're safe here, sprite, I promise."
She trusted Clark by talling him the truth.

Lois woke to the sound of the alarm and groaned as she rolled over to shut it off. She sighed and pulled the covers up as she started to snuggle into Clark's warm back. She sat up suddenly, slid out of bed, and ran towards the bathroom as a wave of nausea hit her. Lois made it to the toilet barely in time before she lost what she'd eaten for supper the night before.
A baby on the way. eek

eek Rachel can feel that she is going to be reject, like what happen went her brother was born.

More soon, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#6019 09/05/03 03:53 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Finally! Tell your beta readers to hurry, Laura! I want to see this turn out right for Rachel.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#6020 09/05/03 04:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Laura,

Question:

Rachel hesitated, and glanced at Lois before she looked up at him with a touch of fear in her eyes. "Grandpa, will you still love me if I just wanna stay with Momma?"

Jonathan slowly kneeled and put his hands on her shoulders. "Rachel, you *are* my granddaughter, and there is *nothing* in this world that could make me, your mom, your dad, or your grandma stop loving you, and the same goes for your mom's parents, too." He kissed her gently on the forehead. "Got that, sweetheart?"

Rachel scuffed her foot on the floor and looked back at her Momma. "Okay, Grandpa," she answered softly before climbing onto the couch next to Lois.
I have to ask this.

confused Is it because Jonathan was alone in the house with Rachel and Lois.
Or
confused Was this is making her remember when her mother die and the fears of losing Lois.

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#6021 09/05/03 04:41 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Rachel's just a little insecure. She's healing from the abuse, but the emotional and mental abuse that her stepfather inflicted upon her is going to have far reaching effects on her self-esteem and self-image. She's got some abandonment issuse from her mother dying and putting her in a situation where her stepfather could abuse her without fear. Rachel 's also still suffering from the fact that a few days before this, she was taken away from the only place where she's ever felt loved and secure.

We've got her coming a long way in a short peroid of time, but she still has a ways to go.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
#6022 09/05/03 06:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alright, it's back! thumbsup

Dum Duh Dum Dum...do I sense some morning sickness ??? You never know. (I suppose she could just be sick.)

Jen
Queen of Speculating

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#6023 09/05/03 09:43 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

A wonderful part! thumbsup

The Christmas scene is great. clap I really like how Rachel is able to help with Lois & Clark's investigation.

I'm looking forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

#6024 09/05/03 10:44 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Laura,

I was really happy to see you posting this again.

Lovely to see the Kents having a good Christmas after all. Next year's promises to be even better, with perhaps another addition to their family. wink

Yours Jenni

#6025 09/06/03 01:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, go ahead, Laura, make it just be the stomach flu... I dare ya wink

Nice progress here. It's great to see Rachel back where she belongs (though, after the debate over Kidnapped I think I've got more sympathy for her bio-dad) and I'm not surprised that she got worried about Lois getting sick and leaving her. It's really sweet the way she trusts Clark and gives him the Case-Breaking Clue(tm) smile

Anyway, L&C are going to face another challenge when they add another child to the family -- Rachel will probably have intense sibling rivalry/insecurity issues, so they'd better be aware of that and reassuring her...

So, where's part 8B, then??

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#6026 09/06/03 04:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love the story. It's got a creative plot and is written well. However,
Rachel hesitated, and glanced at Lois before she looked up at him with a touch of fear in her eyes. "Grandpa, will you still love me if I just wanna stay with Momma?"

Jonathan slowly kneeled and put his hands on her shoulders. "Rachel, you *are* my granddaughter, and there is *nothing* in this world that could make me, your mom, your dad, or your grandma stop loving you, and the same goes for your mom's parents, too." He kissed her gently on the forehead. "Got that, sweetheart?"

Rachel scuffed her foot on the floor and looked back at her Momma. "Okay, Grandpa," she answered softly before climbing onto the couch next to Lois.
This bit confused me a wee. When I read it at first, I thought Rachel wanted to live with just Lois, not with Clark.

Imagine.
#6027 09/07/03 12:53 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura,
do hurry and post the rest of this
I hope L&C can make Rachel feel secure
merry

#6028 09/08/03 01:21 AM
Columnist
Columnist
All right, Laura!

It's so good to see this next part - I've been champing at the bit wondering what's going to happen next... And this didn't disappoint; let's just say that I have a sneaking hunch where you might be leading us, and I'm getting ready to be *really* happy smile

Please don't take too long with the next part!

Melisma (grinning like a fool here under her Rock... oh wait, been there, done that... but still grinning...)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#6029 09/08/03 07:49 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Fantastic Laura smile

I had forgotten of the bad guys!!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard