Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I hope the comment Kal makes about weather control is enough to explain Kal's reaction to the rain in the previous chapter. I always imagined Krypton would be too structured to put up with something like the weather.

Any other thoughts?

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I *love* how you are presenting Kal's confusion as he adapts, =)

And living with Lois... interesting possibilities there for the future...

But I agree with something I read in the previous chapter's FDK... what about Zara (or even someone else) who may have died on Krypton?

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love how formal Kal is here - it's almost impossible to call him Clark! Wait, he isn't Clark yet, is he? Learning to be Clark will take some practice. Let's hope Lois didn't write about Kal's glasses in that interview! (By the way, I loved how Kal just showed her his glasses and put them on in front of her. In canon LnC, those glasses are so charged with magic and 'taboo'.)

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Kal move in with Lois! laugh

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun part, Beth! Can't wait to see Lois teaching him to eat smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I wonder how Lois is going to explain her new live-in "boyfriend" to all and sundry. "He's an exchange student." No, too old. "I found him wandering around in the mall and decided to bring him home." No, it makes Lois sound too slutty. "He's my cousin from Kansas, just visiting." I'm sure Cat will buy that one. "He's an alien from an extinct planet." Oh, yeah, that'll go over well.

Since Kal doesn't need much sleep, he can spend nights and evenings watching the cable news channels when he's not out busting the bad guys. It would be funny if he started talking in different slang dialects every morning, depending on the channels he'd watched the night before.

Will Perry call her on her trip to Kansas? Will Jonathan and Martha help her come up with a believable explanation for Kal's presence? Will Kal - or Lois - decide that he needs a human name? Will Kal's past interfere with his ability to integrate himself into human society?

This is a very nice alternate take on the origin of Superman. And I'm ready to read all the answers to my questions, and the answers to the ones I wasn't smart enough to think of.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard