Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
wave

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I really like this so far... I can't wait to see where it goes... I also can't wait to see if Kal develops a civilian identity......

I especially loved how you showed his wonder at all the new things he encountered, both powers and sights.

Sara "Lieta"
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This part was great! I love seeing Kal experience Earth things. It's great to see Lois's interaction and relationship with the Kents - seems like it's been good for all of them.

Looking forward to more!
Amber

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I am really looking forward to see how this story continues to develop. I like your different approach to Lois and Clark meeting and when Clark comes to Earth

robinson
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois sure seemed to take Kal-El in stride. She was confused but not overwhelmed. Also, she didn't seem to feel the strong attraction that seems common in their first meeting.

Was all this my imagination or are you going for a less intense level of chemistry between them?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the story. Just trying to get a feel for these characters.

Bob

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Personally, I felt as if I was reading the old comic books. Well, I mean the fact that Kal-El got superpowers the moment he arrived on the Earth. It was like that in the old comic books, too: his powers were like an off- and on-switch.

I agree with Bob that the overwhelming attraction is not there in the same amount as usual between Clark and Lois in this fic, but I think that is natural and necessary. Clark is more of a stranger to the Earth than he has been since.... well, since never, I think. Or is there anyone else who can remember a story where Clark was as new to the Earth and as unaware of everything on it as he is in this fic?

Personally I loved how Clark was absolutely fascinated by absolutely everything around him: the trees, the clouds, the rain. (Although I think that it had to rain on Krypton too, or else that planet wouldn't have been habitable.)

But if Clark has too much to take in right now to fall in love with Lois right this instant, I don't doubt that he will soon enough. Lois seemed extremely taken by Clark's physique as he gradually emerged before her eyes as he was walking downstairs!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Talk about friends in the right places laugh

This sure makes for an interesting setup. Can't wait to find out where you're taking this, aside from the obvious, happy ending where Lois is going to drag a new reporter-boyfriend back into the Planet wink Don't have any idea yet how quick a study Clark-El is, though huh

Looking forward to part 3 smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
CJ Offline
Blogger
Blogger
C
Cool. Very, very, cool change-up of the Superman legend. It's a great idea, and so far, I'm really enjoying the story itself as well.

I thought Lois was having some physical attraction there, when Clark came down the stairs... and as for Clark, well, he may be keeping his own counsel.

And actually, (well, it's all been ret-conned and re-booted so many times that I don't think even DC knows what the "true" story of Clark and Lois is anymore) I have seen older comics where he was only admiring from afar, and she was almost contemptuous of Clark. And it wasn't always clear that Lois was in love with Superman, but it was clear for a long time, that he was always going to be something of a mystery man to her.

Anyway, who cares? It's fanfic. You can set up their relationship any way you want!

CJ
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I'm so glad you're enjoying this story.

I agree that there isn't that instant soulmate connection in this story like there was in the pilot or in some fanfic. I do have reasons for that, which I won't explain in detail as I'm sure they'll come out throughout the story. The attraction thing is something that will be explored slowly. But I will say for certain that Carol's idea of having Lois drag Kal/Clark off to Vegas is not going to happen. wink

Ann, you made a comment about this Clark being a complete stranger to Earth in this fic. I know that there has been other fics where Kal has come from Krypton or New Krypton to Earth as an adult. But I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that mine is the first fic where Krypton exploded that late in Kal's life. So he has no other life to go back to, making his isolation more pronounced. Which we will see more of as we continue.

Thanks again for the feedback!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
razz razz razz razz razz razz razz razz

Why ever not?!?!?!

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loving it.. Hmm, maybe Kal is reluctant to be attracted to Lois because he might have recently got widowed... (there could have been a Zara?? )

it's time for Part 3,isn't it? smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks, AnKS. And yes, you're right. It is past time for part three. It's coming up in a few minutes...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard