Author's notes: This story is a way-behind sequel to “Just Like Lois” and “Just Like Back to the Future”. Right now, that's all you have to know, I guess. Well, maybe not. This is a ficathon story written for Sapphire. (Oh, you already guessed that from the title? Duh...)

Disclaimer: The recognizable characters do not belong to me.

Claimer: All children and grandchildren of Lois and Clark are characters I do own. Sort of. The same holds true for all the mistakes in the story that you might find. (Sorry about that.)

Just Like Sapphire and Diamond

Lois loved being Ultrawoman. Especially when she had the opportunity to take a leisurely flight over her beloved Metropolis, which was literally buried in snow. This meant it was too cold for most people to spend much time outside which, in turn, resulted in a crime rate that was near to zero, and there were hardly any life-threatening accidents, either, which meant less work for Lois and her super family.

Lois sighed wistfully. How much the city had changed in the years since she had decided to found a family, much less since her own childhood. By now, she was a grandmother with not one, not two, but three grandchildren and two more on the way, for her firstborn, twenty-five-year-old Lara, was expecting her twins any minute now. Lois still couldn't believe how old she was, for she didn't feel her age, thanks to her superpowers. As a matter of fact, she hadn't felt her age before she re-acquired them, either, largely thanks to Clark's aura.

So, what was she to do? This was one of the rare times where she wasn't needed anywhere, for although her family planned their big annual Christmas Eve dinner, she didn't have any preparing to do. Her children wouldn't let her near the kitchen to prepare anything for Christmas – they always told her that they wanted her to be able to really enjoy Christmas, so they wouldn't allow her to help with the preparations. They usually forgot about the whole cleaning business involved, though, but then, she could sweep the house in a matter of seconds. Okay, maybe near to a minute, but their home was huge. Then again, they sure needed the space, for Lois, at age 57, had had no less than fourteen children, two of them with families of their own. All the more reason to enjoy the peace and quiet as long as it lasted.

Since she didn't have anything better to do, Lois flew home to what people had started calling Kent Manor. Okay, so it wasn't as if it had 137 rooms, but it still was a place you could get lost in without a compass. And their garden was half a park, at least. Lois glanced around to make sure nobody was watching before she slowly flew down into their garden. It was funny, but somehow Lois and her daughter Lara were the only ones in the family who knew how to land without the 'Woosh'-sound so characteristic for her family, a feat that allowed her to sneak up on her unsuspecting offspring on occasion. And, truth to be told, Lois loved being able to surprise them. So, she floated towards their house and X-rayed the building to see what was going on in the kitchen. Obviously, there was some discussion going on, and Lois wouldn't be Lois if she didn't listen in.

Lara, her abdomen swollen with twins that were due within a week, put her fist into the small of her back before she addressed JJ, “You know, maybe we really should ask Mom for help this year. I don't feel up to much cooking, and neither does Ricky with that new baby of yours. Besides, we all have our jobs and our family, not to mention that you guys still get to fly around for your second jobs. I really don't see how we can make it work without some help.”

Clark – still looking no more than thirty-five – chose this moment to enter, so he got to hear JJ's answer. “I don't know, Lara, you know Mom. She couldn't even make a cheesecake if her live depended on it. And if you asked her to get something as simple as cherry tomatoes, she wouldn't know whether to look for them in the vegetable section or the fruits section in the supermarket...”

Lois, still listening in from outside, was fuming. Of course she could bake a stupid cake! And of course she knew where to look for cherry tomatoes – for, although they were fruit in the botanic sense, they were commonly counted among the vegetables.

Just then, Clark decided to rush to her defense. “Actually, she does know where to look for cherry tomatoes,” he stated firmly. Which was only good for him, as far as Lois was concerned. When Clark saw the dubious expression of his two oldest children, he elaborated, “I taught her about them, you know?”

“Figures,” JJ muttered under his breath, too low to be heard by Lois. But then, her lip-reading ability still came in handy, even if she had to use X-ray vision to employ it.

“At least we can send her grocery shopping,” Lara concluded with a sigh. Really, didn't her children have *any* faith in her?

This time, Clark had to discourage his daughter, though. “I wouldn't do that if I were you,” he replied. “The last times she went grocery shopping, she ended up stopping a hostage situation, stopping a train rushing towards another train, keeping a bridge from collapsing, and a number of other things. The only thing she didn't end up doing was grocery shopping.”

Although Lois didn't like this assessment at all, she had to agree. But was it her fault that things just seemed to happen to her when she went grocery shopping? It wasn't as if she had been looking for trouble either time...

While Lois was still fuming, Clark made his offer, “You know, you could always ask me for help.”

Lara and JJ looked at each other, conveying a simple message. Then Lara shook her head, and JJ answered, “I don't think that's a good idea. If you help us, Mom will want to help, too. And that's not a good idea...”

Lara decided to drive the point home. “After all, not everybody in the family has invulnerable intestines...” She trailed off, leaving Clark – and, unbeknownst to her, Lois – to finish for themselves. After a pause, she continued, “I think it's better if we get at least some take-out for this year's Christmas Eve dinner. This way, we won't have as much work to do, and everybody will find something edible.”

Just as JJ nodded in agreement, Jack, one of the prankster twins, decided to enter the conversation, “You know, Jim and I could help you, too.”

Lara disagreed, “No way! If there's someone who's worse in the kitchen than Mom, it's you two. Besides, I don't want to risk you two mixing up December 24th with April 1st, so thanks, but no, thanks. We'd better go for take-out this year.”

This last remark about her cooking inability was too much for Lois. She'd prove to them she could bake a cheesecake, or she'd die trying. Silently, she went up again, only to land with a satisfactorily audible 'whoosh'. This time, she spun into her civvies, and as she was about to enter her home, her children left the kitchen, Clark slowly trailing behind.

It was later in the evening, and Lois lay curled up on one of the couches in their master living room. She had just finished watching her favorite episode of Ivory Tower for the umpteenth time, and again tears were streaming down her face. Now she could use the comfort of her pets, her beloved Russian Blue cats. But she knew they wouldn't come, not now and not ever again because they had died earlier in the year.

Sadly, Lois picked up one of the many photos of her beloved cats, Sapphire and Diamond. They were quite easy to distinguish because of the small, white spot on the breast that got Diamond his name. Why, oh why did she have to use this stupid cleaning cloth at home? If only she had known it left behind traces of poison. If only she still had her cats instead of a Kerth Award for the story about the cleaning cloth...

Just then, Clark entered the room. What he saw broke his heart, but there wasn't anything to be done right now. Christmas, though, was a different matter entirely, for he had gotten her two little Russian blues looking just like their beloved Sapphire and Diamond. And these two kittens were waiting in a comfortable and warm room in the attic, a room nobody used at all since their pets' demise. As a matter of fact, the room was rather large and used to be their old cats' favorite playground.

With a few big steps, Clark walked over to Lois and took her into his arms, and she gladly accepted his embrace. “You know, I miss them, too,” he murmured into her hair.

Lois sobbed silently. “Yes, I know. But it's worse now. It's our first Christmas without them.”

Clark sighed. “I know it's hard, Lois, but maybe we should consider getting another cat or two.” Lois was going to protest, but Clark quieted her with a finger on her mouth. “I know it's not the same, because Sapphire and Diamond were special, very special. Still, I think we have it in us to love another cat just as much. Will you at least consider it?”

Lois couldn't resist the puppy dog look Clark gave her, not even after 28 years of marriage. And she silently vowed she'd try. Try to find another pair of cats she could love like she had loved their first ones. All she had to do was find someone who was willing to part with two lovely kittens. And, somewhere in the world, she was sure to find two all-new Russian Blues for her husband...

It was Christmas Eve – or, rather, early afternoon on Christmas Eve. Whyever it was already called Christmas *Eve* was beyond Lois, but her annoyance wouldn't change tradition, so she was stuck with calling it Christmas Eve – even if it was early morning. At least it was past lunchtime already, and Lois had finally managed to find a cute couple of Russian Blue kittens for her husband – and, admittedly, for herself, too. Lovingly, she stroked them before taking the purring bundles of grey fluff upstairs to a warm and comfortable room in the attic. Quickly, she got the little ones some food and water before softly closing the door and rushing off. She still had to make the cheesecake she had sworn to make, and in order to make it, she also had to go grocery shopping. Lois could only hope she wouldn't run into trouble this time...

More than three hours later, Lois rushed back home. Of course, she had to run into trouble again, after all, that's what usually happened when she went grocery shopping. Anyway, she didn't have enough time to actually make a cheesecake from scratch, but Lois wasn't too worried about it. If her whole family could cheat by getting take-out – even if it came from all over the world – she could cheat just a little bit, herself. Besides, she was still going to have to bake it. Entering the kitchen, she quickly got the ready-made cake out of its package, put some cheese on top and put the whole thing in the oven. This way nothing could go wrong – or could there?

Finally, it was Christmas Eve – and really evening. As a matter of fact, it was half an hour past dinnertime, and the whole Kent clan was gathered in Lois' and Clark's large living room. The whole Kent clan? Well, they were still waiting for Lucy and Sammy, the twenty-two-year-old twins who had decided to follow into their father's footsteps and travel the world.

“You know, Lucy and Sammy really should have made it by now,” a very hungry Lara complained. Pregnancies tended to leave even a super-powered mother hungry, especially in the last trimester. “Can't we just start without them?”

Clark looked thoughtful. “Well, they are late. Maybe we'd better turn on LNN worldwide to see what they're up to,” he suggested and went to turn on the large-screen TV.

His seven-year-old granddaughter took that as her cue to ask to be allowed to play with her uncles Jack and Jim. Her mother, Lara, seemed rather worried, but the twins waved away her concerns. “Don't worry, we'll be careful with our favorite niece,” Jack said.

“Of course I'm your favorite niece,” little Lara stated, “after all, I'm your only niece.”

Jim ruffled her angelic blond locks. “Too true,” he said with a big grin before he grabbed her to swing her around, carefully finding his way to the doorway. Their retreating forms were accompanied by excited squeals.

Meanwhile, the rest of the family was watching the news channel for news on their missing relatives. But, to their disappointment, there was no footage of Lucy and Sammy, better known to the world as Wondergirl and Missy Marvel, both members of the very exclusive Young Justice. Before the family could discuss the value of watching LNN though, an indignant little girl came running to her parents. “Mommy, Daddy, you won't believe what Jack and Jim did!” Taking in the shocked looks of her parents, Angie continued, “They actually took *our* presents to give them to Grandma and Grandpa!”

Her father, Kris, didn't quite believe it. His brothers-in-law were up to much that wasn't quite good, but he was rather sure they wouldn't steal someone else's presents for Christmas. His wife, though, was less inclined to believe in her brothers' innocence, maybe because she knew them better. Thus it happened that a very enraged and very pregnant supermom waddled as fast as her feet would carry her to their room, closely followed by her furiously chattering daughter.

Lois raised a brow at Kris. “Don't you think you should go after them?”

Kris simply shook his head. “No, I don't think anybody here is in any danger right now. They know how to settle their argument – after all, they've had lots of practice.” Thus, the rest of the family turned back to LNN.

Only a short time later, Lara rejoined her husband on the loveseat. “So, did you get our presents back?” he inquired.

His wife turned five shades of red. “Actually, they didn't take our presents. They simply happened to get the *same* presents for Mom and Dad,” she explained in a low voice.

“Oh!” Kris replied, trying without success to come up with something more adequate.

“Yeah, oh,” Lara echoed his sentiment. After all, there was no better way to express what they were thinking.

“So, what are we going to do about it?” her husband of seven years asked her as the rest of the family tried to look as if they weren't interested in their conversation.

Lara gave him a crooked smile. “Well, Angie suggested that Jack and Jim could give their presents to us, so Mom and Dad wouldn't get it twice,” she said, fully aware that her mother was listening in.

As was to be expected, Lois gave her a piece of her mind. “No way! I'm not going to give away any of *my* presents.”

Lara chuckled. Her mother once again conveniently forgot that the presents were not meant only for her. “That's exactly what I told my daughter,” she said.

Again, Lara's stomach grumbled, and Clark took pity on her. “Maybe we should just start with dinner,” he suggested.

Since the whole family agreed, they all headed towards the hall with their buffet, talking quietly to each other. And, somehow, among the delicacies from far-away countries, there was a small, cake-like something that was covered in crusty cheese. Whatever it was, everybody decided to stay away from it - everybody but JJ's wife, Ricky.

“Look, JJ, this looks exactly like my favorite food from Tamaran,” she exclaimed in delight. (Tamaran was the planet Ricky had spent her early childhood. After all, she was half Tamaranean.)

JJ, though, wasn't exstatic about the situation since his wife was one of the few family members with vulnerable intestines. “Ricky, I don't think eating this *thing* is a good idea. My family might have gotten food from all over the world, but certainly not from all over the galaxy,” he tried to dissuade her.

Ricky shot him this look, but she soon got his telepathic message telling her that it looked like something his Mom might have made. And even Ricky Kent knew from experience that it was better to stay away from Lois' cooking and baking.

At this very moment, Lois decided to make her presence known by clearing her throat noisily. “JJ, why can't you stand it if your wife tries to eat *my* cheesecake?” she chided her son.

The young man had a hard time not to laugh in his mother's face. A cheesecake, indeed. Before he could manage a reply, though, his wife showed undue – but unfortunately genuine – interest in the non-delicacy.

Ricky eyed the cake speculatively before asking her mother-in-law, “How do you make this cheesecake?”

Lois stood rather proudly as she told her special recipe to her son's wife. At least one person who appreciated her cooking – uh, baking. “It's quite simple, actually. You only have to make a cake and put cheese on it.”

Interrupted by her husband's coughs, Ricky grilled Lois about more details, “So, which cheese do you use for this cheesecake? Maybe Parmesan?”

Just then, the two pranksters returned from upstairs, Angie in tow. The little girl saw her beloved grandmother, and as she headed towards her, her eyes fell upon the cheesecake. With her head cocked sideways, she studied it before excitedly asking, “Grandma, grandma, is this one of granny Martha's artworks?” Angie hopped up and down, her finger pointing towards the cake in question.

This sure got Lois' attention. How dare this little intrepid... grandchild of hers... right. That was how, by simply being *her* grandchild. As quick as it rose, Lois' anger dissipated again. “That's not one of granny's great works of art, it's one of *my* great works of cooking – uh, baking.”

Angie snorted derisively. “Grandma, you wouldn't know the difference between cooking and baking if it bit you,” she stated matter-of-factly, leaving her grandmother fuming – and, for once, speechless. “What is that *thing* sposta be, anyway?”

Lois slowly counted to ten before answering, “That 'thing', as you call it, is a cheesecake.” This statement, in turn, left Angie speechless, and Lois quickly pushed her advantage. “See, it's a cake with cheese on it.”

“But Grandma,” the little girl protested, “a cheesecake is not supposed to be a cake with cheese!”

Lois crossed her arms in front of her, clearly on the defensive. “Well, next year, you're going to make one, then. But don't you think I will forget to make fun of yours then,” Lois challenged.

“As sure as there's a 'Cheese of the Month Club,” Angie agreed, holding out her hand for Lois to shake it. After all, everybody in her family was a member of the “Cheese of the Month Club”, and she intended to join the Club as soon as she was old enough. Of course, her family was enlisted in many other interesting clubs, too, something called “Gotta go!” which must be something about that Japanese game that Angie loved so much, and, of course, something they called “Why Jay” and “The League”. The little girl sure was looking forward to once being able to join “Little League”, which, obviously, came before 'The League'.

Lois took the offered hand, and thus it was agreed that Angie would help with the next Christmas Eve Dinner. Just then, Lois' super ears made out a rumbling sound which – to her surprise – was not a nearing thunderstorm, but Lara's rumbling belly. And since Lois knew all too well what being pregnant was like – after all, she didn't get to have 14 children without the obvious – she took pity on her daughter and announced the buffett to be open, and Angie scurried off, looking for her favorite dishes of the month – probably something as healthy as French fries with a whole ketchup lake and chocolate-covered cookies.

Soon, Lara came by her mother, bearing a plate piled high with food. “Thanks,” she said, gesturing towards her plate.

Lois smiled at her. “Well, you know, I've been there, done that...”

Lara turned a bright shade of red. “Gee, thanks, Mom, that's a little bit more than I wanted to know, you know?”

A dry chuckle escaped her mother's lips. “Oh, really?” she quipped. “It's not as if you hadn't known before now, is it?”

The young woman's blush deepened. Lara remembered all too well all the things she had overheard as a teenager – things no child was ever supposed to overhear because they were definitely not PG-rated. Heck, even her mother's novels were tame in comparison, and even they came with a warning. 'Do not read in public places.' Deciding that it was time for a sudden change of topic, Lara looked around for inspiration, and soon, she was lucky. Gesturing towards her daughter – who, indeed, was just putting cookies on her plate that was already full of French fries and ketchup – she remarked off-handedly, “Mom, did *you* make the cookies, too, or was it only the – uh – cheesecake?”

Lois glared at her oldest daughter in mock-anger. “What, are you saying I cannot even make cookies?”

Lara, taking her mother's anger for real, answered defensively, “Well, I sure remember the last cookies you made. Even the extra layer of pure chocolate couldn't disguise the fact that you made them with soap. Everybody who had the misfortune to try them was kind of bubbling over – only it was not laughter they were bubbling over with...”

Lois looked chagrined, for even though it wasn't all her fault, it was still fact: She had managed to mess up the cookies – and not just any cookies, but chocolate cookies with chocolate icing. “You probably won't believe it, but...,” she tried to defend herself.

“You're right, I probably won't,” Lara agreed. She was rather unwilling to let her mother babble her way out of this one.

“... *but* it wasn't me who put the soap in there,” Lois finished her sentence. Seeing the disbelief in her daughter's features, Lois opened her mouth to explain how, exactly, the soap had gotten into the cookies, but she didn't get far.

Jack and Jim, who were often called “the prankster twins” by friends and family alike, approached Lois and Lara. It was Jack who spoke up, “Of course you did. After all, you rolled the dough with the soap-covered rolling pin.”

“The rolling pin? How did the rolling pin get covered with soap in the first place?” Lara asked incredulously.

Jim, who was just finished with his mouthful of food, shrugged. “Well, Mom had problems with the dough sticking it, so we helped her with that.” He gave an innocent shrug. “The rest is history, as they say.”

Lara had a hard time to keep her food in her mouth and quickly swallowed her half-chewed mouthful. “And you two wondered why we wouldn't let you help with this family dinner,” she chided the twins. Turning back to Lois, she added, “Next time, try flour, and I mean flour, not flowers.”

Lois looked at her daughter quizzically. “I swear there was flour in the dough,” she defended herself.

“Mom, the flour does not only go in the dough, it also goes on the pin. This way, the dough doesn't stick to it,” her daughter explained with exasperation.

Jack smiled broadly. “Well, Mom, you really are hopeless in the kitchen.” Seeing as their mother was going to protest, he forestalled her with a question of his own, “Remember Mom's turkey from two years ago?”

“It was a great turkey!” Lois defended her creation.

The twins both grinned, and Jack decided it was time to impart their mother with a piece of wisdom. “Mom, trust me on this: Gingerbread and turkey don't go together.”

“Yes, it does,” Lois disagreed fervently. “I heard about the recipe at the office, and I decided to give it a try. After all, it was all the rage back then. Anyway, I printed it out, took it home, *waited* until *you* *two* were *out* and *then* showed the recipe to Ally and Abby before actualy trying it.”

The prankster twins looked at each other, clearly puzzled. It was Lara, however, who voiced her suspicions, “Mom, did you actually take a look at the recipe before you showed it to them?”

Lois didn't even take a second to think about it. “Of course not, I was being busy all day, and besides – wait a minute, are you saying...”

Lara shrugged, trying very hard not to laugh out loud. “Well, let's say it this way: The gingerbread stuffing is made with oninons, apples, clementines and bacon and stuff, *not* with chocolate topping and M&M's and marshmallows...”

Lois face was blank. It couldn't be, could it? Well, Jack and Jim must have figured it could, at least if she took their roaring laughter as a hint. Lois didn't feel like laughing, though, she felt like exploding. “Wait till I get these two...” she threatened, still unable to come up with something to do to them – they already were completely invulnerable, after all.

Jim, who had regained as much of his composure as he possibly could, considering the circumstances, had an idea. “What then? Will you force-feed them your cooking?” Undaunted by the withering look Lois shot him, he continued in a stage whisper, “You know, you should have chosen another superhero name. How about 'Microwave Woman'?”

“Nah,” his twin disagreed, “That one doesn't do her justice. I know just the name for you.” He paused, making sure to have the attention of his mother and sister. Then he continued in barely audible whisper, “Mrs. Inedible.” Still grinning, Jack and Jim wisely decided to retreat, leaving a fuming Lois and a helplessly giggling Lara behind.

“I don't believe the nerve of them,” Lois said, not bothering to make clear which set of twins she was referring to.

“You have to admit, though, that the crack about 'Mrs. Inedible' wasn't that far off,” Lara dared to reply.

Lois was spared from replying by her granddaughter, though. “Mommy, I'm done,” the little girl stated. “May I go upstairs? I want to – uh – play in the attic. Please?” she pleaded.

“Can't you find anything to amuse you here, where everybody else is?” Lara asked. The idea of her daughter playing with their presents for 'Grandma Lois' and 'Grandpa Clark' didn't appeal to her, for although the cats were well-behaved, they might still escape from the room they were currently locked in.

“Mom, this is boring,” Angie complained, “the guys are all talking about sports and the girls are talking about boys.” She then proceeded with her lost puppy look.

Lara chuckled. “Okay, you may play in the attic. But keep the doors closed, okay?” With an affectionate pat on the back, she sent her daughter off.

Lois kept watching her granddaughter run up the stairs. When Angie was finally out of (normal) sight, she took up their conversation from before. “You know, I find it truly amazing how you turned into an expert cook in such a short time. I remember you being as clueless about everything related to cooking as I was your age.”

Lara decided to let the 'when I was your age' part of her mother's statement slip. “Well, it happened after I moved out. Suddenly, someone had to take care of the whole cooking business, and guess what? *I* couldn't rely on *my* husband to do it. If someone's worse in the kitchen than you, it's him. He really manages to burn water.” She shared an amused glance with her mother before she continued, “As it was, someone had to do the cooking, and, naturally, the choice fell on me. But as you should know, cooking isn't all that easy at first, so I took a course. Or maybe two or three.”

“And a few courses turned you into an expert?” Lois couldn't quite believe it was that easy.

Her daughter chuckled dryly. “Well, realizing that cooking helps me relax did help, too. And, of course, practice makes perfect,” she answered.

The older woman pondered that for a moment. “Do you think I could learn it, too?”

Lara smiled broadly. “Yes, I think so. Let's make a deal: I give you an advance copy of my book, and you learn how to cook.”

Lois' jaw hit the floor. “What, you wrote a book? What's it called?”

Her daughter made an effort at keeping a straight face. Finally being able to keep her deadpan expression, she finally answered, “It's called 'Cooking for Dummies'.” She paused, anxiouly awaiting her mother's reaction. “So, do we have a deal?”

Lois shook her head in silent amusement. “Deal,” she agreed. Who'd have thought Lois Lane would ever agree to learn how to cook?

Suddenly, someone was rushing down the stairs noisily, causing everybody to look up in annoyance. The pattering of small feet was soon drowned out by a delighted cry. “Mommy, Daddy, you won't believe it!” Without waiting for her parents to reply, Angie continued, “They've got babies!”

Lois kneeled down to be on eye-level with Angie. “Who's got babies?” she inquired, trying figure out what was going on. Seeing the little girl look hesitantly at her mother, she encouraged, “It's okay if you say it.”

The little girl still looked at her mother, who merely shrugged helplessly. Taking heart, Angie answered, “The c... the *presents* - they've got babies!”

Lara shook her head. “But they weren't even expecting,” she protested weakly.

Suddenly, Clark cleared his throat from behind his wife and his daughter. “Maybe I can explain...” He squatted down in front of his granddaughter and asked, “Your presents wouldn't happen to be two adult cats?”

“It's not just any cats, 'cause they look just like Sapphire and Diamond, so they must be Russian Blues,” Angie deigned to enlighten her grandfather.

Clark nodded gravely. “And there were two baby cats, too,” Clark half asked, half stated.

Angie admonished, “Grandpa, it's kittens, not baby cats! And they're Russian Blues, too.”

“And there were two Russian Blue kittens,” Clark relented, but his granddaughter shook her head vigorously, sending her hair flying.

It was Lois turn to answer, “Make that four...”

Lois and Clark shared an indecipherable look before Clark corrected his earlier statement, “Okay, so there are *four* Russian Blue kittens with your two adults.”

Again, Angie shook her head. Then, having reached the decision to let the proverbial cat out of the bag, she answered, “No, there are *six* kittens, all of them Russian Blues.”

The adults all around her shared a puzzled look as Lois and Clark stood up again. “But how?” Lois finally asked.

Just then, JJ approached the group, holding his new-born son in his arms. “Maybe I can explain...”

THE END

Here's the request I got.
Sapphire wrote:

Three things I want in my fic:
1. A cheesecake that Lois made. (Duh – Lois making an acutal cheesecake? Wouldn't she cheat? laugh )
2. Diamonds and Sapphires (I hope the furry Diamonds and Sapphires will do. I just hope you meant them to be actual names – after all, they're capitalized. :p )
3. Next generation (No problem.)

Preferred season(s)/holiday [if applicable]: Christmas or New Year's

Three things I do not want in my fic:
1. Bad guys (Good. Jack and Jim are two of the good guys, after all...)
2. A haircut (LOL! I had that in my list, too!)
3. Jewelry (Uh, okay. No jewelry.)

Clarification: Definition of Next-gen - doesn't have to focus on the kids but they need to be there and be old enough to interact and not just random background characters.
Bottom dweller's notes: About the gingerbread stuffing: I thought I'd only claim Lois put gingerbread inside the turkey, but guess what? I googled the term 'gingerbread stuffing', just to make sure – and found an actual gingerbread stuffing recipe. smile1

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)