C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Sometime tomorrow - sorry I can't be more specific than that frown . Sundays are like that...

Chapter 6 Preview
~*~Lois~*~

I logged in and checked my email before starting to write one of the hardest emails I think I'd ever had to deal with.

I sighed and started, writing from the heart.

'Lana,
Thanks smile .
Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Cute chapter, Carol... and I like that they are continuing to hash things out and feel out their boundaries...

But evil preview =P

Sara "Lieta"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
That was the point of these two chapters. Dealing with new boundaries and what to read into actions and so on. Lois is still pretty insecure - though she's getting better - and to hear Clark say he's staying even if they're not having sex constantly on their 'honeymoon' is really good for her to hear.

Preview? Evil? Moi?

Couldn't be wink .

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, this starts to be really bad for my molecular integrity hyper And just as addictive as secretly in love LnC with a communications blackout.

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, I'm very intrigued as to what Lois will write in this email to Lana. Yep, ditto the others, still working on those boundaries...sex is good, but Clark planning some non-naked quality time together will certainly go a long way, and help with the friends thing, too. smile

Nice part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sweet chapter. I really liked how Lois is trying to establish the necessary boundaries in her marriage to Clark. I loved how Clark understood and agreed with her.

I found it interesting how Lois talked to Clark about having friends. That is one thing that has struck me in this fic, that Lois seems to be pretty lonely. She doesn't seem to have any real friends. Admittedly, that is the usual state of affairs in LnC fics, but Lois is normally so active and involved with so many things that a relative dearth of friends doesn't seem to matter too much. In OTOH, on the other hand(!), Lois spent so much time being at home and doing - well, doing not so much. All right, that isn't exactly true. Much of the time Lois was studying, but that too seemed to be a rather lonely pursuit. Going to school or college can be a very social thing, because you are usually forming friendships, studying together and doing fun things after classes. But Lois seemed so lonely.

So I think that Lois needs a friend, a female friend, rather badly. I think you gave Clark a brother because you decided that he needed one. Well, you took away the sister that Lois had. Now I really think you need to give Lois a female friend! So, please, Carol, will you do that? Dare I hope that maybe, just possibly, possibly maybe, Lana could be such a friend?

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! What a great part!

I too loved the whole getting accustomed to being with each other atmosphere! Poor Lois, she still has a lot of doubts and worries. But Clark is doing a great job of reassuring her. They are definitely taking big steps into their new life together, for example with the bank account and car insurances. Things that make it more real.

I too want Clark to be able to see Lois nursing Nate. He should be able now. It just seems wrong for him to have never been there.

Liked the preview. Maybe Lana can become a friend after all. I mean none of could hate her so it would fine with us. wink Of course it wouldn't be bad if Lois had another girlfriend in the area either.

Natascha

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've said before that I'd really like to see Lana as Lois's friend. To me, it's proof of how much they've both grown up. And quite frankly, Lois owes Lana a lot right now. I'd love to see Lana's wedding in UP as well as Lois and Clark's wedding. (Of course this is from the person who originally said she wanted to see "Lana's Story." Please don't lynch me, people! I really am a Lois and Clark fan!)

But I see Ashley as potentially being Lois's friend as well. Carol had said in the previous chapter that they clicked like sisters. And even though she's older than Lois, they have quite a bit in common.

It's interesting that Lois and Clark have admitted that they were each other's best friends more because they HAD to be rather than because they necessarily WANTED to be in the past. I've never looked at it that way, but it really makes sense, because of the "forced marriage" circumstances.
But now this situation is voluntary, so hopefully that can progress as well.

I liked the discussion about the bills and the joint accounts, etc. It's another way of making their relationship REAL.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard