C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Saturday, sometime before 6p ET most likely [sorry I can't be more specific wink one of those days and then we're going to a friend's house. I'd imagine it'll be up 10-noon ET though...]

Chapter 5 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

I went to our bathroom and started the water in the large bathtub.

"What're you doing?" Lois asked.

I looked up from where I was pouring bubble bath in to see her leaning against the door way.

"That's *way* too many bubbles," she told me.
Thanks smile !
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL to the preview smile Right next to awwwwwwwww

/goes to find bucket and starts swiping away goo left behind from reading part 4/

Carol, part 4 was so sweet. Loved their sleeping in. They needed it and Lois finally got her happy wake-up memory smile

I shrugged. "You'll win a hand or two but that's about it. Besides, a friend of mine in high school looked up the rules to strip poker and it's more than just losing an article of clothing when you lose a hand, so no strip poker – not today anyway."
/chokes/ Okay, that's downright creepy now. /whispers: Lois, if Cat ever hands you a piece of paper with some notes on it and a deck of cards, RUN, girl, RUN/ huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked this part.

A few tears escaped despite her valiant efforts to keep them in. I brushed them away and pulled her close to me. "It's okay to let it out," I told her. "The last few days have been an absolute whirlwind and I don't think you've let it out at all, have you?"

She shook her head against me as the tears began to flow in earnest. I didn't know how long I held her there, letting her sob against me, a few tears of my own leaking out as I realized again how close I'd come to losing everything that mattered to me, everything that made life worth living. It scared me again to realize how much of my well-being was wrapped up in one small brunette whirlwind.
I love a man who lets a woman cry rather than saying "don't cry" or "let me fix whatever is wrong." Sometimes it's better to just let it go. (of course I'm someone who cries EXTREMELY EASILY).
Of course Clark understands that most of what Lois is going through is the emotional rollcoster of their relationship, which he can't fix all at once. But it's still sweet.

I'm glad they're talking about whether they should move from Sam's. It' complicated. On one hand, their used to it, and so are their sons. Sam likes having them their, and is grandchildren as well. From a practical standpoint, if he had another heartattack, it would be nice if they still lived there as well.

On the Other Hand smile , Sam DID invite them to stay there because of the security and because they were still in college. Since they don't need that anymore, and they DO both have jobs now, would they be taking advantage of him if they stayed? Would they feel guilty about it even if Sam doesn't mind?

Kerth
Kerth
So far, your story has been incredibly sweet. Love every single bit of it.

Oh, and did I mention I totally agree with your definition of "every other day"? laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"We could make up whatever rules we wanted," Clark pointed out. He grinned. "We could even play strip Happy Days Game."
Just had to die laughing at that particular Friends reference. :p

Nice part!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved the entire chapter. shock

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Think I'm going to have time to post but that means I don't have time to respond properly here.

Am glad you guys are enjoying this. Yes, that was a Friends shout out [which we all know is one of Lois' favorite shows]. There's at least one more coming up but not for a while - will be interested to see if anyone catches it as it's more obscure [but dang funny IMO if you get it wink ].

Off to post!
Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard