I rolled my eyes.
Thanks smile .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/mutters/ Now, you did that just to tempt me, didn't you? /mutters and runs back to starting part 2/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I like the Clark teasing =D I especially like the costume scene... it's so fun to play with humiliating the Superboy, ~.^ I can't wait for more of Bernie meeting the Kents... and I think Lois needs to invest in a gag for Clark until they are past their 'honeymoon' phase...

Sara "Lieta"
Features Writer
Features Writer
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
I rolled my eyes. "Do your superhero pose thing."

"What?" they asked in unison.

"Fists on your hips or arms crossed in front of you all stern superhero-ish. Sheesh." I looked at Ashley. "Did they not teach this kind of thing on Krypton? You have to *act* like a superhero. Were there no Saturday morning Justice League cartoons?"
rotflol rotflol rotflol
Now thats funny! good part carol!

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The suit-modelling parts were coffee-splutteringly funny!!!! And I loved the Incredibles references, too! No, it's not good to wear a cape if you are not invulnerable, but what if you have an indestructible and delectable tushie? rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

(Imagine this printed with very fine print: I could have done without the Van bits, but that's me....)

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He grinned. "Strip poker?"
/evenly distributes drink across the room/

Loved it. Loved Lois Tomato-head. Loved the costumes. Loved the banter.

And while I can't emphasize about the butt-thing with Lois, I sure can sympathize. And poor Ashley, her guy is already buttographed laugh

So, what's next. And is it tomorrow, already?

Michael who now really has to go back to own fic so Carol will find a surprise in her inbox blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm glad that Ashley and Lois got along so well.

I liked the Superhero business, too. Glad Lois wants to protect Clark from "butt oogling."

And seriously, as I said before, I understand Clark is happy and wants to show how much he loves his wife, but he NEEEDS TO TALK TO HER. As much as she loves Clark, she is obviously bothered by him saying so much/implying so much about their sexual relationship.
He REALLY needs to see what she's comfortable with.

Of course, as I said before, he should make sure he doesn't say in a way that sounds like rejection to her.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Um, it was Lois who elaborated to Bernie and Ashley peep

Michael

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
He grinned. "Strip poker?"
/evenly distributes drink across the room/
Have they met Cat yet? *pokes Michael*

Sara "Lieta"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sara, you don't by any chance read nfic, do you? blush

Michael laugh

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Um, it was Lois who elaborated to Bernie and Ashley

Michael
Yes, that was certainly true. So obviously, Lois doesn't mind that much that they know about the details of her and Clark's RELATIONSHIP.

But what I am talking about is that she is bothered by what Clark is saying about their sexual relationship.

The following passage was written from Lois's POV.
"You'll understand after you've been around Martha and Jonathan for a while," I told him. "They *de-fine* PDA."

"I grew up with it," Clark said. "It was embarrassing as a teen."

Martha rolled her eyes. "We were *never* inappropriate."

"No, you weren't. But apparently, you're a bit more affectionate than my birth parents were," he said. "And since you raised me, I think I probably take after you two a bit more than them. Besides, I like holding my wife and whispering innuendos in her ear."

Was it possible to die of embarrassment?
That "embarrassment" thought is an indication of just how UNCOMFORTABLE Lois is with Clark's "innuendo" comment.
The "tomato Lois" that you mentioned (which was also written in the previous chapter) is another indication.

Like I said, I understand that Clark is enjoying talking to his wife this way. He is soaking up the sexual feelings for her that he's been denying for so long.
And he loves doing it in front of his parents because they gave him grief for so long for NOT ACTING LIKE A MAN WHO MAKES LOVE TO HIS WIFE.

But Lois isn't 100% this is going to last. To that end, she may be happy to do this with Clark alone, but she is uncomfortable with Clark flaunting his relationship with her in public.
If Clark REALLY wants to make it up to her, he needs to start reading her signals more carefully.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"You'll understand after you've been around Martha and Jonathan for a while," I told him. "They *de-fine* PDA."
I just had to giggle at this one. Martha and Jonathan are such fav characters of mine, and they define PDA in every story. Ever.

Nice part,
JD
who doesn't think embarrassment every now and then is a bad thing. It's what you look back and laugh on later and still get to harangue your S/Os about. wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sara, those are very true and deep insights blush I'll have to admit, I just saw it as "happy" embarrassment, not uncomfortable embarrassment. Otherwise, Lois would have thought it, I guess. Something like "I wish he'd stop" or flat out "I couldn't stand the embarrassment".

I don't know which way Carol intends to pull this, so that's just my take on the (inner) vocalization of her embarrassment. I guess, everyone reads things a little differently smile

Michael

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Daily Posts!! Yay!

I definitely love how Bernie and Ashley are fitting in with the Kents. And the fact that Lois and Clark are showing real PDA.

Carol, have you been watching the Incredibles over and over again, like Christopher? wink LOL! I can't believe you got Lois to quote about the various superheroes.

Lote

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
clap

~•~
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys! Going to be a bit before I get 4 posted. DH does a little bit of private therapy and I'm on hold trying to find out why our billing has been declined. And it has to be in today to get paid this month... And since I don't get paid this month and it's a lot of money that take priority. We'll see how much of this response I get done while waiting wink . I was no. 2 in line when I typed that - now am on hold with a nice lady. Yesterday's lady was half-condescending.

Lieta - glad you liked that smile .

Lovesuper - hehe - my kids love the smilies.

Ann - yours too!

Michael - I hope you didn't get that all over your keyboard! And now it's tomorrow and I did appreciate the surprise in the inbox smile .

Sara - see below about the embarrassing thing. I do understand where you're coming from. And the one comment was said only to her and Bernie eavesdropped... I'd imagine he'll be more careful about doing that accidentally in the future... wink

Hmmm... have they met Cat? I don't remember...

JD - I do love M/J and I prefer to be on the giving end of the embarrassment but yeah...

Michael - that's how I meant it - happy embarrassment. Maybe a bit uncomfortable but not too bad.

Lote - I have watched the Incredibles a couple times recently but I looked up Edna's little tirade about capes wink .

Queenie - thanks wink . /whispers/ Queenie's seen previews.../end whisper/

Still on hold but unlikely I'll get it posted till this is taken care of...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard