Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I guess if you made it this far, I didn’t scare you off completely with my use of Kryptonian nobility. I promise there will be lots of spunky Lois in the upcoming parts. I mean it. Lots and lots of Lois.

The posting schedule will be
Part 2 on Friday before 10 a.m. ET
Part 3 on Sunday before 10 a.m. ET
Part 4 on Tuesday before 1 a.m. ET or after noon ET

Preview
“Would you believe it? Lucy has come all the way across the country to my wedding.”

“Yes. This is… good news.”

Her mother’s tone told a different story and Lois frowned again. “Is there a problem, Mother?”

“No, of course not.”
Part 1 / TOC

Thanks!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very inventive beginning. I like the way you've combined the two storylines, and the way you've described Ellen Lane. A "particularly determined mind," indeed.

I'm guessing that Zara's bond-mate Kal-El won't have to go back to New Krypton, and that the hunter following Zara and Ching (or maybe following Ellen) will be involved in Clark's rescue, quite inadvertently, of course. After all, the literal mind of the hunter might interpret his assignment as "slay Kal-El," not "make sure Kal-El dies no matter who kills him." Hey, he might even whack Luthor and get the key to the cage from him. Yes, I noticed that this Lex wasn't quite as careless and overconfident as the one in the series. Nice touch, that.

And if the Kryptonians are affected by the green K, will the hunter also be affected? Is this hunter's natural form as insane-looking as Roger Daltry's portrayal?

Okay, I'm ready for the next chapter. Is it Friday yet?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Nice one!

I loved this line. It had me puzzled for a while.
Zara and Ching walked down the stony pathways of this strange metropolis. Ching had landed their scout ship amidst a massing of scrap metal that seemed to have once been this world’s form of transportation.
It's a junkyard! smile1

Oh, Zara has made an important discovery:
It was flashy and immodestly cut, causing her to avert her eyes. Such garments were suited for concubines, not for nobility. There was one combination in particular that did not even cover the knees and showed all of the mannequin’s arms. It was scandalous!
Window shopping! goofy

And Ching did, too, he found Kal-El - sort of.
Zara closed the distance to him and looked closer at the screen Ching was pointing out. Her breath hitched in her throat and she looked closer. There was a man on display, wearing a suit that resembled that of the royal house, only it was immodestly colorful and sported a… *cape*. And yet, right on the chest there was the crest of the House of El. <Kal-El…>
Oh, this one is divine:
<Yes, Milady.> Zara could feel the shock reverberating in her companion’s thoughts. <He looks like the court jesters from the days of Old Krypton.> He paused as the image changed. <And he’s…>
goofy

The woman seemed to have a particularly determined mind that overshadowed that of the general populous rushing by.
Love that image of Ellen Lane. Just wait till they find Lois...

This bit is hilarious! Only because all angels can fly and their names tend to end on -el doesn't mean Kal-El is one, too.
“Kal-El,” she repeated. “You must have heard of him. I have seen him on the… display screen earlier, flying.”

“Wonderful.” The woman rolled her eyes. “On the day of my daughter’s wedding I happen to run into a bunch of religious zealots trying to tell me about their angels.” She continued on. “I don’t have time for this nonsense.”
The woman’s eyes fell on the silvery pendent and then rose to look into Zara’s face. “*Superman* is your angel?” She let go of a deep breath. “And here Lucy always says *Lois* is his greatest fan.”
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Her *sister* is getting married and Lucy is off on some *spiritual* trip in Malibu.”
Yeah, very spiritual place, this Malibu... cool

Love it so far!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
No time for feedback, but I must say that I just LOVE Lois and Clark/Lois and Clark crossovers.

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
I am not a crossover fan but I am along for this ride if only to see how you get rid of Luthor and Ching!

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
lol....... talk about interesting time for Clark's 'wife' to show up... for low points in LnC's relationship... hmm.... *thinks about them showing up in WWW or Irish Eyes*...... devil

But very interesting idea Michael. (I actually read it yesterday... but had no time to post last night after work...)

Sara "Lieta"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well... You've certainly posed yourself an interesting challenge with this one Michael.

The initial intertwining of these two episodes is turning out to be an interesting treat.

One thing I do love about your stories is the innate humour you bring to them. It is very Lois and Clark (because after all the actual show had a lot of underlying humour as well).

Looking forward to seeing how you bring this together without destroying the Lois and Clark relationship (even if Lois and Clark don't know it is there yet).

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, guys. Great to know the NKers didn't have everyone run screaming for the hills. Or get the pitchforks out peep

More FDK-FDK tomorrow before I post part 2 smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh LOVED THIS!!!

What a great twist on two (sort of) great episodes! Cant' wait to read the next parts.

*looks impatient* Is it friday yet? No? Darn.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Now, that I read this intriguing fic twice, I am aboard for the rest of the ride all the way! Besides as I already told you, you gave Zara and Ching a purpose! hail Unlike some nameless L and C writers we know. I loved the use of telepahy both among Z/C and Z/S and how Z was able to listen in on human folk's conversations. I wonder what she would make of our ordinary everyday thoughts.

I look forward to Z and C either staying over at Lois' or Clark's or both and them actually talking to one another yes about NK and Superman but it would be awesome if Superman were to ask them about...what happened before Krypton exploded...like what their parents lived through. I wonder if such a conversation would get Clark feeling wistful and wondering what if his own parents had escaped with him in time?

So many possibilities and I look forward to reading more.

Mona

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi again, Guys!

It’s really great to see that so many have left FDK. I know that NK isn’t the most popular stuff in LnC world. It means a lot. Thanks!

Hi Terry! goofy
Looking forward to seeing how you bring this together without destroying the Lois and Clark relationship (even if Lois and Clark don't know it is there yet).
Yes… I hope so too. I actually have the ending of this one figured out since last night and well… /mumbles and runs off, pointing towards Tuesday/

bella, wow what an enthusiastic snipped of FDK! hyper Thanks!
*looks impatient* Is it friday yet? No? Darn.
Waiting time’s up

Hi Mona, so glad to see you FDK’ing, too. Thanks. I’m so happy you are enjoying this, as it’s a bit darker than your usual likes. It means a lot. Really hyper
I wonder what she would make of our ordinary everyday thoughts.
Yeah… blush Might have to revisit that for the archives… Love your Clark speculations and will have to see…

You guys really made my day. And yesterday. And day before yesterday. Thanks so much and I hope to have the privilege of seeing you again in part 2’s FDK thread.

Michael

/off to posting/

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Just been back from a short belated holiday trip.

The posting schedule will be
Part 2 on Friday before 10 a.m. ET
Part 3 on Sunday before 10 a.m. ET
Part 4 on Tuesday before 1 a.m. ET or after noon ET
I wish I could stick to that kind of a schedule even if I made one. blush blush blush

The hunter perched in its little transport vessel, stealthily monitoring the scout ship of its master’s enemies as it disappeared from the screens.
Whoooooooo..... the HUNTER? Sounds creepy. Let's see. There's already Lex Luthor - the master villain, but this one somehow seems more... more... threatening. Can't wait to know more.

Such garments were suited for concubines, not for nobility. There was one combination in particular that did not even cover the knees and showed all of the mannequin’s arms. It was scandalous! Her eyes wandered back, and she took in the way the attire accentuated the mannequin’s hips and breasts, making sure every man knew what he could expect from the wearer. She swallowed and averted her eyes again. She was Zara of the House of Ra, bound to become the First Lady of Krypton; such garments were not made for her.
Oh, that's bad. Didn't Ching manage to sense her thoughts? Now, that would have been... heh heh. drool laugh

“Which one? The red or the white? Red for *passion*-” Clark thought he could hear Luthor practically growl at the word. “-or white for purity?”
I don't know why, but every time I read that or see that scene, I want to kick Luthor's butt!

Zara gasped as she felt a particularly pronounced wave of pain flooding her mind.
Oh boy, I wonder what Ching and Lois would say to that.
“I can sense my bond-mate, if weakly.”
There was a flicker of emotion marring the aloof man’s features before his mouth settled back into an expressionless mask.
Bad for you, Ching!

“My god, someone who has not heard of Lois Lane.”
Finally. laugh
That was somehow funny, you know. I giggled at this line.

The hunter watched the prominently colored prey as it retreated from its master’s enemies and sought refuge in the high building. Apparently this particular prey held ties to Kal-El, and the hunter would make sure to use this to its advantage.
Oh boy! That *is* creepy.

Great Job! thumbsup You got me into this, alright. You've got amazing story-telling capability, but I guess I'm not the first person to tell you that. hyper

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi CG! It's so great to see you like this story goofy

That was somehow funny, you know. I giggled at this line.
*yay*

Oh boy! That *is* creepy.
evil

You've got amazing story-telling capability, but I guess I'm not the first person to tell you that.
Um, wow... Thanks. I mean, yeah...wow... Thanks so much thud With all the amazing authors here... Wow. And you're not bad either wink

Michael

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Wow, Michael, what an interesting premise. I definitely am not a fan of NK, but I really like the idea of Zara and Ching showing up here. I wonder, though. Will they try to get Clark to come back to NK with them? Because I don't see much tying Clark to Earth at this particular point.

I can't wait to see where you go with this, although unfortunately, I'm about out of reading time. Reading the next parts of this will be a high priority if I have any time online this week.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fascinating premise. I love blended episodes as well.

Can't wait to read more soon.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
More FDK hyper

Hi, Nancy, so glad you joined this ride. Thanks so much smile
Wow, Michael, what an interesting premise. I definitely am not a fan of NK, but I really like the idea of Zara and Ching showing up here.
To know that I managed to entrance you in a story that's not using plot points you normally like... That's a wonderful compliment, thanks so much hyper

James, I'm so sorry to hear about your eye and stuff frown And it is so great to see I you're reading and enjoying this. Thanks so much. I hope you can enjoy many more fics (and all the other happy things in life) with both eyes again, soon smile

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard