Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Either Thursday or Friday, 10-noon ET [see update here later]

Preview

Chapter 3
~*~Lois~*~

A minute later, he told us that Bernie and Ashley were coming our way and would be here in about ten minutes.

Martha's eyes got wide. "An actual superhero is coming here?"

Clark raised an eyebrow at her. "Um, Mom?" He gestured at himself. "What am I? Chopped liver?"

She rolled her eyes. "You're not a superhero yet. Soon, but not yet." She bit her bottom lip. "I wonder what I have to eat."
Thanks!

Carol

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah, the seeds of thought are starting to grow! That's like Lois to go ahead and rush into it. laugh I love the preview snippet, too! *snicker*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing a lot of Van, but as for Clark becoming a superhero - yay!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to Clark trying out suits!!! Will he be endearingly embarrassed? blush laugh

Come on and let us have a look at sweetly embarrassed Clark!!! smile1 smile1 smile1

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
I can't believe I almost missed the first part. Somehow I thought you wouldn't post until next week so I hadn't even been looking for it. blush

I actually love that they are still a little shy around each other, not being used to it just yet. And it is quite normal for Lois to still have her doubts. But I am sure Clark will give her lots of reassurances from now on. He is already doing a great job. It is so adoring to see him holding on to Lois and pulling her closer whenever he has the chance. smile

I am glad they went to meet Bernie. As you know I want to know more about him and his upbringing.

Go Lois for suggesting to go with the superhero thing! Especially since she already understands some of what it will mean to them, like Clark's absences etc. My experience shows that the longer you think about some things, the less likely you are to do them. So I am glad Lois made the decision! smile

As for the wedding, I too think that two weddings would be a little over the top. But I am looking forward to seeing them get married (again).

More soon?
Natascha

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahh, it's a cute fest of L&C. :p

And ditto the others, it's so Lois to just plow into the superhero thing. I'm glad they aren't going to sit on the decision.

Looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I already told you what I think, but I'll say it again here: This fic is automatically +10 Good Day. grumble ) and am looking forward to those Bernie-based vignettes you were talking about. smile

Everybody chant now: BERNIE!
BERNIE!
BERNIE!
BERNIE!

Also looking forward to the other super developments. dance

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked them meeting Bernie. And I loved this scene.
I sat next to him, but not too close. A second later, Clark's arm was around me tugging me closer. I scooted next to him and his free hand reached for one of mine.

It was so different from the way our relationship had been for so long. Even though we'd played the role of the happy couple for so long, it was different being close like this because we wanted to – because *Clark* wanted to.
Lois obviously didn't sit too close to him because she wanted HIM TO prove he wanted to sit close to her. And he did.
This has to be a major change for them, particularly for Lois to know their not just "pretending" for the public eye anymore.

I know Martha probably likes knowing they've been "doing it." From her eyes, it's a sign of a healthy marriage, and something they've encouraged him to do for a long time.

To a certain extent, she is right. But I still maintain that they moved too quickly on this, and Lois is obviously uncomfortable with letting his parents know that they are not "waiting." (Another sign of doubts.)
Honestly, I understand that Clark is happy that he finally realizes his love for Lois, and wants to show it to his parents. But I wonder if it would have showed MORE LOVE to discuss it with Lois before he blabbed to them.

Of course, now that they've done it, Lois is going to perceive any concerns Clark may have/realize about their sexual relationship (and how they may have moved too quickly)as rejection.
So it's a no-win situation.

I agree that Lois embracing Clark as a superhero is spot-on Lois as well. smile

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Don't have tons of time so I'll just say a blanket thank you! I'll ignore Queenie's chant and I'm glad you guys thought Lois jumping in with the superhero thing was in character.

Carol [off to post Ch. 3]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, just so I don't forget it *again*:
Someone (Jonathan, I think), mentioned they don't behave like lovers. Well, now they do, with a vengeance, erm, honeymoon-spirit. So, how will they explain their incessant need for trips to the copy room or the storage room at the Planet? And I'm sure, the babysitter and the rest of Sam's household will notice, too. So, will they just say "Navance is dead."?

Um, what else... Warm. Fuzzy. Cuddly. Nice to know Clark is thinking about making it up to her.

And when will their bond turn telepathic?

Did I mention that I love the way Clark reasoned about the wedding date laugh Talk about 3 and a half years of built up hormones...

/takes a deep breath/

Michael, who never stood a chance of not starting on part 3 anyway...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard