OP Offline
Features Writer
A
All comments welcome...

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
It was an interesting chapter... I felt sad for Lois and I wonder if the consequences of being apart really hit Chad until the very end... and that conversation with Martha... wow....

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That's a sweet and sad chapter. I love how Lois and Chad fell asleep while being on the phone together. mecry

The conversation between Lois and Martha was also good. It sure makes me wonder how all of this will turn out. Somehow I can't help feeling that Chad will be happy working as a pediatrician in Smallville, which will make it eve harder for him and Lois to come to a decision about their own relationship. But maybe that is what this whole fic is about: breaking up is hard to do?

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If Kerth awards were given for "best reality" author, you would win hands down. This story does not feel like a story to me; instead, we're inside Lois' head, and we are reading her thoughts and seeing how she sees the world. Very good stuff, Nancy.

This chapter was so sad. I like how both Lois and Chad are being mature, yet optimistic, about this situation. Lois doesn't want to guilt Chad into staying in Metropolis, and Chad, knows that he will feel resentment if he stays in Metropolis without really wanting to.

Falling asleep on the phone was so cute, yet I could so totally see them doing that. The separation might be difficult for them at first, but the real test will be whether the separation causes them to drift apart. It sometimes happens that a person not used to sleeping alone, suddenly sleeps alone and takes up the whole bed, and then wonders how they ever slept with anyone else before.

A Metropolis to Kansas commute also makes Lois and Chad completely dependent on Clark for transportation. So, the reunions between Lois and Chad may be difficult to schedule around Superman's schedule.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The pendant was sweet but I couldn't help but wonder when Chad would point out the secret compartment with the lock-picks in them goofy

So, Lois now has a Pooh instead of a Clarkie-Bear, hmm?

And then you pulled the phone conversation and Chad did actually forget Lois wasn't right next to him...

Good stuff, Nancy smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
I'm sorry. I don't have any time to reply right now (or energy, really). Nor will I get the next chapter up tonight as planned. I really appreciate all the comments and hope to get to a real reply tomorrow (and the next chapter up either tomorrow or Saturday).

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sorry - work sort of kicked my butt more than expected. I knew things were going to be busier this week than they had been, but I thought they would build up slowly. I think they will, sort of, in that I think they'll continue to get worse for the next few weeks, but I thought this week would be busier, but I'd be able to leave at the same time, I just wouldn't be wondering what to do with myself part of the day. Didn't work out that way. And add to that I started not feeling well on Thursday and I ended up basically not being online all week since Monday.

But I seem to be feeling slightly better today and I've finished all my work until Monday, so things should be better now...

I'm glad you liked the Martha/Lois scene. That was one of my favorites, although I'm not sure why. Martha won't ever become a huge part of this story, but there will definitely be parts where you can see Lois really leaning on her. I like the idea of Lois having someone maternal she can go to when things are tough.

My husband and I never did the falling asleep on the phone thing, but we got close often. Still do sometimes when I travel. smile I really like the imagery and I wanted to use it to show that it's effecting Chad to be apart, too. Since we're inside Lois' head, I think it's easy to see this from her perspective and I want it to be clear that Chad hasn't turned into a selfish cad - he still really cares about Lois and wishes they could be together, but he needs to try this thing that requires them to be apart.

Michael - I never made the connection between Pooh and Clarkie-Bear. I have to admit, that was one of the things that are autobiographical. The pendant was described exactly as one my husband gave me. Although he gave it to me for a completely different reason and early in our relationship long before we were married, it's something that was important to me when we were apart. (Although the hidden lock-pick set would really have made it a Lois-centric gift. I wish I had thought of it!)

And he gave me a stuffed Piglet (my favorite Pooh character) when he went on his first business trip - which was six weeks long and was to the middle of nowhere, so we couldn't talk while apart. His reasoning there was exactly the same as Chad's to Lois. Piglet travels with me all over the world now when I go on business trips. He's been to more places than my husband. smile

I know it's silly and stupid. I'm someone who never got used to sleeping alone when we were apart and I continue to sleep better when my husband is around and Piglet does nothing to allievate that. Still, I never spend a night without Piglet if my husband isn't around for some reason. For me, it's a part of being separated and it helps a little in that it's nice to have something that reminds me he misses me when we're apart, so I wanted Lois to have that as well.

I will post the next chapter soon, although not immediately...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard