carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next scheduled post:
Wednesday, probably 10-noon ET

As I did for OTOH, I'll post previews smile .

Chapter 2 Preview
~*~Clark~*~

<We haven't done this yet, have we?>

What? It sounded like Van, but how could I have heard him *in* my head?

<Kryptonians are telepathic,> he said in my head.

Right. I knew that.
Thanks!
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy
/must finish Ficathon first/ huh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yes, you must!!!

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/goes hide in front of keyboard/

Michael whinging

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Really sweet. Lots of lovemaking, which was very long overdue!!! laugh clap

"What it means is that I was confused about my feelings for you and Lana, and all that, but that there's no reason for you to be worried about someone else someday. It's you and me. I don't want to screw this up. I don't think I'd survive if I did. I want to be a real husband, a real father and I want us to last for a lifetime."

I believed him, I really did, but I couldn't shake the uncomfortable feeling that the other shoe hadn't dropped yet.
And I can't help thinking that if you are going to give us another thirty-nine chapters of this universe, you are planning to drop another shoe on us!

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/2846669791_1d16aae81b.jpg?v=0[/img]

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! This was such a sweet and sensual introduction. I'm waiting for the next post...impatiently!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First of all, of course the "other shoe" is going to drop eventually. It's called life. And life isn't always as happy as they are right now. They'll have external problems (with stories, with Trask(who is long overdue for entrance), with their kids, with Perry, etc.) And they'll have internal problems with each other.
Any couple that believes they will never have any problems because "we already had our problems getting together" or "we're soulmates" or "we're so compatible" are setting themselves up for disappointment. (rather than a commitment to work through their problems.)

Of course, I think Lois's definition of "the other shoe dropping" is different than mine and maybe Clark's as well.
I hope when a problem DOES occur she doens't take it as a sign that Clark doesn't really love her.

And I still maintain they "jumped the gun" as far a lovemaking is concerned. He did go a long way to show he was serious in the last chapter of "On the Other Hand." But Lois obviously still has some doubts, even though she trys not to think of them when their "in the heat of the moment."
But given the fact that she still has doubts, I think the fact that the had sex multiple times this night (and what ever may happen with that in upcoming chapters), is going to come back to haunt her (and Clark to, consquently) when she sees the "other shoe" drop.

I'm glad Clark isn't keeping any secrets from Lois anymore. He told her about his thought process concerning her, his worry about what happened when they had sex/made love the first time, his conversation with his brother about Kryptonian mates. Hopefully, this will be a policy he will keep, not just something he does when it's convenient.

And I love the "date" idea. And I'm glad Clark explains he doesn't want something "idealic" with Lois, he wants something REAL.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I agree with Sara however I'm not surprised they jumped the gun... they're 22/23? The hormones are still there and given their long abstinence... but I do wonder if they're building on quicksand... Lois' reaction upon waking up alone was certainly a warning sign...

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay Unanswered Prayers! goofy

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
I told myself not to read this yet. Wait until chapter 15 or so. Maybe 10. That way there's a bunch to read together. But my fingers weren't listening, and they clicked. *sigh* I'm so weak.

Lovely first chapter. The other shoe(s) worry me, though. (Evil evil woman with that pic!) Maybe I *should* wait...

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
whew. she's baa-aaack! i am loving this and can't wait for more - kissing and hugging and you know what right? just 2 more days for more!!!

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Will respond more thoroughly later [and back to OTOH/CS from last week - meant to this morning and forgot and am on a borrowed computer so...].

Glad you guys are enjoying so far. It'll be a while before the 'main' plot starts - I hope you guys enjoy seeing them sorting their life out - together. I thought that would be good - some fairly normal life for a bit [planning the wedding etc] before they get hit again. I will promise this - no matter what happens, they deal with it *together*. No NKers taking Clark away or misunderstandings coming between them or anything like that.

Anyway - glad you're enjoying. And about 36 hours until the next post smile .

And I sent the new Ch. 6 off to betas tonight and even got one back already smile .

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! the sequel !!.. You know.. I'll just keep reading.. and wait like Lois for the other shoe to drop... wink

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Features Writer
Features Writer
Carol just love it! BY THE WAY are you trying to lean to the nfic side? thumbsup thumbsup devil
So when the wedding???? laugh

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! hyper thud

This is nice. laugh Definitely looking forward to that date. *g*

~•~
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Ooh, UP is up! Pun intended laugh

Sweet scene but short. Was hoping for more...Lois is still not very secure, is she?

Lote

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ Thanks everyone!

Michael - you're not done yet?!?! Stares at inbox waiting for more wink .

Ann - glad you're enjoying. Which shoe pic works better for you? /whistles innocently/

Sheila - glad you liked it. They're going to spend a couple more days at the cabin wink .

Sara - You're right, it is called life and I still don't think anyone has a clue what that shoe is going to be and it's going to be a while before it drops.

Lieta - yep - 22. They know they still have a lot to work on...

JD - that works wink .

Karen - hehe - me? Evil? Couldn't be? Could it?

Sarah - glad you're glad wink .

AnKS - glad you're here!

Lovesuper - no, no nfic. Though they are [currently] happily married which means that it's more on the PG-13 side smile . More on the wedding coming up!

QUEENIE!!!!! - you actually posted FDK! I wouldn't have threatened your or anything would I?!

Lote - so glad to have you! More? You just read OTOH in one sitting!!! [more or less] More is coming.

All that said... I think I'm going to go to daily posts starting tomorrow - I'm done through about 28 already and have 3 more already written that I just need to read through and tweak so I have a month worth of buffer at the moment. smile

More tomorrow!

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, staring at the inbox at my 3am won't really help wink

Okay, I'm not done yet with mine but I had the feeling to peek in here.

goofy

/off to part two/

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard