Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Brenda!

Read the premise and put it on my to-read list of ongoing stories.

So, how many parts will this have and how often are you going to post? Oh and don't worry about taking over a year from reading the idea to posting. You don't want to know how long my plot bunnies have to wait before I can let them out to play peep

Michael

PS: Can't wait to find out if you did the 2 Lex thing, too laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Michael. Wow, that was a fast response to my post. <bg> There should be about 20 parts depending on where I end each post (I'm not as good at the cliff-hanger thingy as others *cough*Carol*cough*).

I suspect I will post a couple times per week, but I hadn't really decided. I'm still holding out for some feedback from my erstwhile betas. Hope springs eternal, and all that...

Can't wait to find out if you did the 2 Lex thing, too
Short answer - no. I took some elements from Patrick's challenge, but didn't include every suggestion or requirement.

Brenda

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I really like this story, very intriging so far. I do have to say I usually do not like Lois married to Lex stories but this one did grab my attention from the beginning. I am looking forward to reading more

robinson
Columnist
Columnist
Very interesting start. I'm very curious to see who Lois is going to approach for help.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Truly delightful start. I loved the way you worked it to get her taking a closer look at Lex's activities.
It’s her smirk that triggers it, that little tingle that tells me someone is hiding something.
Delightful.
but didn't include every suggestion or requirement.
I've delighted you took any of my suggestions. smile

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I lost many things to explosion and fire that day worse than my sixth-sense for cover-up; the most painful had been Perry.
Nooo! Perry dead! Nooo!

That's hard. Right away, one of the pillars is missing. Dare I hope that it was a mistaken identity or a false alarm or something? But the part about Lois attending Perry's funeral sounds pretty final.

“Dammit,” I curse. The frustration at being completely neutralized is overwhelming. I’m in the perfect position to discover his secrets, yet Lex’s efficiency has rendered me absolutely useless.
And yet we know that Lois will come up with some way.

I need help from someone on the outside that isn’t watched as carefully as I am. Without Perry or the resources of the Daily Planet, there is only one place to turn.
Who? What? Cliffhanger!

I'm hooked. Please post more soon.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I am intrigued! I like your first person narrative, and I am very interested to see where this story is going.

More please!
Amber

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Perry's dead? Really? It makes sense, but it makes me sad. I'm also curious. Perry died helping people in the explosion, so clearly Clark wasn't there as Superman. Does that mean he's not Superman or that he is and Metropolis is not his home so he missed the explosion?

I keep thinking that the person Lois is planning to turn to is Clark, but I can't figure out what Clark is doing such that she would even know him.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice beginning. I'm hooked.

Without Clark, there was no one for Lois to cry over when she was looking into her mirror as her mother was helping her adjust her veil just before walking down the aisle to marry Lex. Without Lois in his life, Clark would not have had the idea to "keep a change of clothes at work" which would morph into the blue suit with the red cape and briefs on the outside. And Superman would not have steadied the building and contained the resulting fire to allow all of the occupants of the Planet building to escape.

So Lois is married to Lex, seemingly has no contact with her friends or coworkers from the old Planet, and now she's beginning to realize how evil he really is. She's going to investigate. (I wonder who she'll go to? Cat? Jimmy? Franklin Stern? Bill Henderson?) And maybe she'll be able to take down Mrs. Cox first, for several reasons. After all, the woman was the first one of Lex's lieutenants to turn on him.

I only hope Lois isn't already pregnant.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, it appears that I'm rubbish at a regular posting schedule. laugh Twice a week is a bit too ambitious for me, but I might be able to stick to a once-a-week schedule ... approximately. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I usually do not like Lois married to Lex stories
Me either, which makes it doubly confusing as to why the premise grabbed my attention. Fickle muse. grumble

I'm very curious to see who Lois is going to approach for help.
I should be able to update with the next part soon. Hopefully, you won't be disappointed.

Truly delightful start.
Thanks, Patrick. That first line popped into my head when I read your challenge, so I'm glad that you liked the way the story started.

Perry dead! Nooo!
Sorry, but it's true. Perry might be gone, but he's not forgotten; he lives on in Lois' memory. Thanks for providing feedback.

I like your first person narrative
I'm glad. I actually wrote the first couple of pages as both first-person and as 3rd-person, but both I and one of my betas liked the immediacy of the first-person perspective.

Perry died helping people in the explosion, so clearly Clark wasn't there as Superman. Does that mean he's not Superman
RAFO... eventually.
evil

Columnist
Columnist
I just found this and so my reply is late. No mention of Clark in this first chapter was he not an issue or has the Super guy not arrived.

Great job so far off to read part 2.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bad Brenda. Another author has succumbed to the evil cliffhanger-thingy smile1

I finally got started on this tale and I really like it. You know, I'm not one of the Lox shippers either, but this story has something... clap

So, what did Lex think about Lois outburst. After all, isn't her bedroom bugged? So, will he think that Lois is finally dealing with the whole affair-bit?

And to whom will Lois turn? Patrick mentioned a super-powered entity on the west-coast. Or will she enlist Lucy?

Michael jump

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard