FDK goes here.

Posting schedule:
Monday: 142/3, probably 10-noon ET
Tuesday: 144, probably 10-noon ET
Wednesday: 145, probably 10-noon ET

Previews

Chapter 142
~*~Clark~*~

"So will you go with me?" My heart was in my throat as I waited for her answer.

She nodded again. "I'll go."

"Thank you," I said earnestly.

"But don't for one minute think it means you get to see me naked again."
Chapter 143
~*~Lois~*~

"Everyone keeps telling me that you love me," I said after wandering around for a minute.

"Like who?"
Thanks smile !

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"But don't for one minute think it means you get to see me naked again."
*snooooooooort* Somebody should tell her that her husband loves her, wants her, and has x-ray vision blush goofy Wonder how the Judds are holding up with the upstarts making such an impact. No matter what, they still have to feel being pushed into the second row. huh

Still waiting for Clark to moving Lois back into their room, though.

/goes to sulk and shiver till the next parts are up/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Yay for Lana corroborating Clark! And I hope Clark doesn't mess up the cabin.... and that they don't get 'lucky' the third time....

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved these parts, Carol!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm tired and I have a cold, but I have to say, like Jen, that I love these parts. Lana's mail to Lois was just great. I hope Clark is going to work hard to convince Lois that he loves her!

Just have to add one thing regarding Lana's mail to Lois:

'If someone had told me four years ago I'd be playing matchmaker with Clark and his wife, I'd have thought they belonged in the 'flying alien' crazy crowd. But you of all people know that flying aliens do exist
What???? eek eek eek Lana knows that Clark is a flying alien???? eek eek eek

But you of all people know that flying aliens do exist [what's it like flying with Van-El anyway?!?! I think that would be cool...]
Oh, Lana was referring to Van-El!!!! Don't do these things to me, Carol!!! (Where is the 'phew' gremlin?)

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Thanks guys smile .

Michael - what do you mean by easier? No amnesia, Luthor clone abductions or anything of that nature? And LOL at the x-ray vision. Clark would never do anything like that [not at this point anyway wink ]. I will say this, Lois is not back in their room by the end of the fic. Sorry - no speedy Clark moving her stuff back frown .

Lieta and JD - glad you guys enjoyed these smile .

Ann - so sorry! Didn't mean to freak you out! Honestly, Lana surprised me with her reaction to Van-El. It just sort of spilled from my fingers as I typed and I stared at it for a minute thinking Hm.... that's interesting. I would have thought she wouldn't have been a bit freaked out by him [that's one of those things that needs changing in UP btw - a reference to that - those kinds of things].

/waves again/

More tomorrow!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
what do you mean by easier? No amnesia, Luthor clone abductions or anything of that nature?
No clones. Just more bad communication angst. Of course, then you just had to spill this, just when I thought you might not use the divorce bit:

Originally posted by carolm:
I will say this, Lois is not back in their room by the end of the fic. Sorry - no speedy Clark moving her stuff back frown .
eek evil Should give Lois some thoughts devil

/me goes crying like a baby from withdrawal and other effects (brain-melting, et al) this fic has/

Michael

PS: I hope you understand that any evilness I might manage in my fics will be due to your example? devilsplat

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
evil Moi? Seriously?

[Random aside: Did you know Dean Clark is one of the voices in Aristocats? We're on our third viewing today thanks to a sick 3yo [as soon as I turned it off to turn *my* NCIS DVD on, she woke up] and I thought that was sort of amusing...]

Back to the point...

Or something.

/walks off whistling/

angel-devil

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I expected she wouldn't believe him. She's got too many defense mechinisms. And they've been through too much.

Quite frankly, Clark saying "I love you Lois. I can't live without you. I want to be married to you." (Which is essentially what he just said in the previous chapters.)should not be responded by Lois saying "That's great! I love you too! Let's live happily ever after!"
It's too trite.

Much as Clark had a lot of emotions to work through when Navance died (which is why he didn't jump into Lois's arms), Lois has a lot of emotions to work through now as well.

She wants to believe Clark, but is she REALLY ready to open her heart up to him?
And even if she DID believe him, I think she would be VERY hurt by his behavior the last couple of years.
Now, from my perspective, as I have said before, MOST of Clark's behavior is justified. (With the execption of not wanting to tell her about his origins and wanting sleep with her just to get back at Lana. Oh, and he told too many people about Navance without talking to Lois at all.)
But from Lois's perspective, it doesn't change the fact that she loves Clark and he has, in many ways put her through the ringer. She needs to get over that. Real love is about forgiveness, so I'm sure she will eventually. But it will take time.

And I'm glad Lois has apparently told Clark she isn't going to sleep with him anytime soon.
Sex is an expression of love, it isn't a way to "prove your love." So Clark shouldn't have to do that.

And from Lois's perspective, there is probably a part of her that wonders if he wants to stay with her for "fringe benefits", even though he promises otherwise. She needs him to prove to her he REALLY is in it for good before she trusts him like that.

P.S. Is UP going to be like "Learning to Love", where Clark has to wait forever to sleep with Lois again? (Not that I think that premise was a bad one.)

Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG, Carol...
"She asked me some hard questions about what I want out of life – out of us – and I didn't have any answers for her. But then I saw you in there." Emotions were filling my voice and I reached for her hand. "I realized that if anything happened to you... Love is who you can't live without, remember?"

She nodded, but still refused to look at me.

"I realized that if something happened to you, I'd have to explain to Christopher and Nate why I hadn't saved you. To your dad why I hadn't protected you. To my parents why I'd realized it too late. And I'd have to live without you. In that moment, right as the explosion happened and the smoke was too thick to see through..." I choked up, tears threatening to overflow. "I realized that I don't know how to live without you anymore."

"So you're codependent," she whispered coldly.

I shook my head. "No, it's not like that at all and I think you know that. I can't imagine my life without you in it. I love you, Lois. I love you like I never loved Lana." I pulled her hand to my face and pressed my lips against it. "I want to spend the rest of my life getting to know you. I want to spend hours making love to you. And I want fast and furious sometimes, too. I want to raise my kids with you. I want to be your partner at work and at home." I smiled slightly. "I want you to call me Einstein all the time again." I took a deep breath. "Whaddya say? Are you willing to give us a real shot?"
You had me at hello--you had me at hello! <sniff>

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sara - They have been through too much for her to believe him instantly. Regardless of how long it takes for them to really get together, it won't be an instantaneous thing then either. The past does linger... As it often does for many of us. And you're right about sex, though she says it doesn't mean he'll see her naked [Michael's x-ray vision theory aside], she doesn't say he absolutely won't - so I guess that's a RAFO thing wink . And no that's not the premise of UP. Not really. Kind of not... /sigh/ Sort of? Sort of not? Ah confused? So am I wink .

Sheila - took me a minute but I got it wink . Einstein was one of the first things she said to him wasn't it?

Thanks!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, something else that came to mind: When you mentioned the first time that UP would be 40-50 parts (yeah, yeah, I know, you said 35, but I ran it through the prolific author translator), I stopped and wondered why you're only doing a vignette laugh

Michael, impatiently waiting another 5!!!! hours till the next phase of the torture.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I will say this, Lois is not back in their room by the end of the fic. Sorry - no speedy Clark moving her stuff back
Lois, girl, you know what? I know you need to make Clark sweat for a while for being such a Super Mega Hyper Exponential Superduper Googolplex Cosmological Galactic Lunkhead, but, hmmmm... if you don't take Clark back into your room and your bed, minus a few items of clothing, and if you don't do it relatively soon - well, believe me, girl, you are going to make me very uncomfortable, too. (And Michael isn't even posting an nfic at the moment!!!!) mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry

Ann

P.S. A googolplex, in case you're wondering, is ten to the power of ten to the power of a hundred.

Googolplex

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was purely accidental, Ann. Honestly. Although, it would be fun to say Muse decided on no more nookie till OTOH-LnC get some PG-13 action laugh

Michael goofy

PS: ONE more hour hyper

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whistles innocently/

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard