Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Special thanks to Nancy for letting me borrow Chad wink .

FDK goes here.

Previews

Chapter 140
~*~Clark~*~

I held her hand in mine and brought it to my lips, kissing it softly, soot and all.

"I love you," I whispered, telling her for the first time and knowing that she wouldn’t remember it.
Chapter 141
~*~Clark~*~

I watched as they wheeled her out and then collected my things and headed out of the building. I took a cab to the Planet and headed up to the newsroom.

"Clark, son, what're you doing here?" Perry asked as I walked in.
[Yeah, two Clark ones again wink ]

Thanks smile .

Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
rotflol

Is Chad going to become a fanon staple now? =P

Other than that.... *smacks head* bad Lois.... geeze.... but omg Clark woke up!

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wildguy
wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Carol, that was an amazing twist on the shuttle launch. Nothing at all like the Pilot /clap/

The Clark/Lana talk was great.

And Clark got his moment. And you're still evil. Of course, Lois isn't going to die. Otherwise, Clark would have to go back in time and safe her.

Lois' thoughts over her predicament where great and now I'm waiting and hoping you will have time tomorrow morning after all. Waiting 36 hours for the next part is just too brutal a torture.

/shivers/ Michael

PS: I won't comment on the previews. They're obviously meant to increase the angst and make us think Lois is in danger of dying. And I mean, real danger as opposed to movie-danger. She probably just got grazed over the head and knocked out or has a bullet in her shoulder or something and needs surgery. If that much. Probably not, because Clark wouldn't leave her side to go back to write the story unless Lois told him so before getting stitches or her arm fixed.

PPS: Did I mention you're evil?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chad and Lana! That was funny. dance
Shock thearpy is a wonderful tool in the LNC universe, isn't it?

Now, of course, comes the task of convincing Lois that he really means it. And that he has no desire to get back with Lana.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Sara said, Chad and Lana! I love it!!! clap clap clap I want to thank Nancy for creating this teddybear of a guy who is so marvellously suited to life in Smallville. And I want to thank you, Carol, for borrowing him from Nancy and giving him to Lana to bring the poor girl the happy ending she deserves! clap

I loved this:

"And your wedding ring," Platt said, staring out the window.

"Are you serious?" I was dumbfounded. Surely they didn't expect people to remove wedding bands – diamonds, sure, but bands?

"Yes. Can't wear them."

I sighed, tears filling my eyes. I knew that my marriage was essentially over but removing my ring...
Lois may have told herself that her marriage to Clark is over, but when it comes to removing her wedding ring, she almost can't do it. Like Clark, she can talk about their divorce and plan for it, but when she has to face up to all the consequnces, she almost can't do it.

And this! Yay!!!

If something happened to her...

I'd have to tell our sons that their mom was gone.

I'd have to explain to Sam why I hadn't protected her.

I'd have to explain to my parents why I hadn't realized it till it was too late.

And I'd have to live without her.

Could I do that?

I suddenly knew something with amazing clarity.

I couldn't live without her.

Without my wife.

Without Lois.
He finally realized it!!!! Finally!!!! jump

Ah, this was just so very good, Carol. <happy sigh> Now we just have to wait for Lois to recover from whatever injury she suffered on that spaceship, so that Clark can tell her to her face, and to her conscious mind, that he loves her. smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's a pity that it was needed something so drastic to make Clark realize what he feels for Lois. Stupid Kryptonian male! razz I just hope that Lois's injury isn't so serious and please... no amnesia! grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ooooo amnesia!

*That* could make this longer!

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Ooooo amnesia!
Tell me you're kidding, Carol. Please. No amnesia. It's beyond hokey.

These were great chapters. It appears that Lois either got shot or inhaled some terrible chemical released by a wild gunshot and Van-El will take her to the hospital and she'll undergo surgery which you won't tell us how it comes out until Monday or Tuesday and Clark will be beside himself until then and Lois will remember what he said and slap him for the hug with Lana and insist on the divorce and then -

Whew! Out of breath. And then we'll see how you plan to end this part of their story.

No amnesia. Please.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You know, I was thinking about this tonight, and I love how Lana and Chad came together, and Lois and Lana made their peace as well. (Of course, there might be some trouble convincing Lois that he WASN'T talking to her in order to get back together with her.)
But once that is settled, and Lois understands Clark really DOES love her and is not staying with her to "settle," (I don't know how long that will take), I can easily see both couples getting along well.

I can even picture them double-dating when their both in Smallville. That would be sweet, and it really shows how far they've come, and how much all of them have grown up.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Duh, Clark. goofy Of course you need your wife. Kind of anti-climatic, but it was something we were waiting for--for Clark to realize he's just being a doofus. They have a long way to go (can I get a singalong of Sometimes I thank Goooood for unnnanswered prayers. Ahem. Was a big Garth fan in the 90s), but finally Clark seems to have made up his mind!

Great parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard