Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I liked the tests =) It's always fun to try and put some scientific spin on Clark's abilities.... still feel sad for him and Rachel though...

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chad shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m a little worried about pushing him too much.”

“Isn’t that the point?”

“Not physically. Or… let me rephrase,” Chad said. “I’m not afraid to push him too much physically. I’m afraid to push him too much emotionally. I don’t want to scare him off.

“I mean, I am curious about his biology, but I want his questions to guide what we do, you know? I don’t want him to feel like… I don’t know how to say what I’m thinking,” Chad sat down looking frustrated.
Yes, Chad doesn't want Clark to feel like he's being dissected like a frog. Or have Clark feel like he's just an experiment. Even though, for Chad's purposes, he is. A difficult line to walk.

“You flew around the world with Clark?” I asked. Now I was getting jealous.

“It wasn’t… that much fun,” Chad blushed, and I knew he was lying.
This is hilarious.

I had never really thought before about how much Clark must hold himself back given his abilities. I know I’m competitive, but I have to imagine that almost anyone would feel this way – it’s just weird not to do things the best you are able.
Dead on target of Lois' character here.

A fun post. Keep it up.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This remains a great comfort fic, like a big woolly sweater to snuggle inside in when you are feeling cold. So far, nothing really dramatic is happening. Or, wait, it is. Clark has lost his superpowers because he was accidentally exposed to kryptonite, isn't that dramatic?

But it doesn't really feel like it. In this fic, it is the normal ordinary life that takes center stage. And it feels good. It is like living your life, day to day, and think back on the things you did and feel good about them.

Luthor's name always scares me, though. And not in a good way. I never feel good about him, and I wonder what you may be up with when it comes to him, Nancy!

Ann

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm glad this came across well, I wanted the last post before the holiday to be a bit more upbeat than the last one was.

Sara - The tests were Beth's idea. When brainstorming this story with her, she mentioned that she liked the idea of Clark being friends with a doctor as it would give him a way to learn more about himself.

IolantheAlias - I'm glad Chad's intent with Clark comes through. I think it's important that he's curious in Clark's biology, but I want it to be clear that it's just curiousity and he cares about Clark first and foremost, so would never do anything that made him uncomfortable.

Ann - You are correct - while Clark's run-in with kryptonite will have some implications in the next chapter, it's not an A-plot by any means and it really is in this case no more than the reason why he stays home an extra day. It's really just a random accident - there's some k spread throughout the farm and since they haven't been able to find it all, every once in awhile Jonathan unearths some. Clark happened to be there this time and so he was exposed, but of course Jonathan was there and at this point they know to get it away from Clark as soon as possible, so no real damage except for short term loss of his powers.

No need to worry about Luthor - I don't think he's even mentioned again in the rest of the fic (while I haven't finished it yet, I don't have anything planned that would constitute his name coming up).

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So sweet and so sad. The whole story feels so ordinary-life-like that the every day stuff starts being suspension clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Michael!

Sorry this isn't longer, but I'm trying to get the next chapter up tonight and I only have a few more minutes of computer time tonight.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard