Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/waits for part 130 and 131 to appear/

Michael /shivers/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, Carol, you may have a little ice in the lines (if your weather has been below freezing lately) or just some air in the hot water pipes. Either one would do a number on the pipes and make them shake like an Elvis impersonator - excuse me, an Elvis tribute artist. Unless the plumber tells you it's something else, of course, because I'm definitely not a plumber and you shouldn't take my diagnosis as fact.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Actually - we replaced the faucet in the kitchen the other night [and I use the term 'we' loosely] and it was the hot water in there that was causing everything to shake. We've never had a problem with frozen pipes in this house [though the temp yesterday when I woke up was 0*F]. We're thinking/hoping air in the pipes from that and after we ran it off for a bit, it stopped. The first two times it did it was when the DW was filling up and that, of course, is right next to the sink so... I don't think we'd actually used the sink at all since it was replaced [past turning it on to make sure the leak was stopped].

Thanks Terry smile .
Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
When I read "DW" in your previous post, at first I tried to make it a "Dear" something, like "Dear Son" or "Dear Husband" or whatever. Then I realized that you'd abbreviated "dishwasher." You made me laugh without even trying!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I do not have a dear wife wink . Glad I could give you a chuckle - your FDK in the other thread certainly made my day!

The maintanence guy at DH's work concurs that air from changing the faucet is the likely culprit.

Carol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard