Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Yea Martha made an appearance! Loved Clark's concern for Matt but yet the stern way he pulled his son from his slump.

Now we only need to see Lois!

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Great part. I love the blend of Clark the reporter and Clark the father. I also noticed his powers seem to be growing. Martha was wonderful as always.The line below is so Martha
'Small though Martha was, her embrace enveloped father and son, and she said quietly, but with total conviction. “It's that strength and endurance that makes both of you superheros ... and I've been blessed to help raise you.” '
Perfect!

robinson
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Good part, and lovely portraits of Clark, Matt and Martha, as usual. And Officer Zymak was great, too.

But I found myself losing patience with Jed Peterson and his superiors. How can they be so uninterested in and skeptical about what Clark has to tell them about Thomas Timmons? How can Peterson ask Clark for proof? Proof! It's up to the police to find the necessary proof, when the public or the media tip them off! My goodness! If the police had been this inept and blatantly stupid in real life, and so many people had been killed, and the police had just dismissed it all by saying that a homeless person had obviously been solely responsible for everything and now that he is dead the danger is obviously over...and anyone who objects to this beautiful truth is a pain in the neck and should be treated as such... well, if that had happened in real life, I wouldn't blame the public for demanding a very public humiliation for the police chief in question! If these things had happened for real, and the public had been told how the police had obstructed and done their best to stop the stopping of the killer, then Jed Peterson and his superiors should be at best dishonorably discharged - fired, I mean - and at worst sent to jail for deliberately endangering the safety of the public! mad

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, I'm really wondering where the bomber will strike next, Hyperion Ave or the DP help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Thank you all for your comments, and I'm sorry, TOC, if you were upset with Peterson, actually I was a bit too, but I have to say that in the UK the police and the press don't really work very closely together.

There have been times when investigative journalists have solved crimes, but I think they have fairly substantial proof before they hand it over to the police, and at this time in my story, Clark's information is sketchy.

Also, I can't speak for police forces in the US, but there have been a few high-profile cases when UK police have gone completely in the wrong direction, so much so that the real culprit has been left free to kill again.

And, actually, Peterson does believe Clark is right, which is why he asked Officer Zymark to help him find proof.

I hope this part doesn't detract too much from your overall enjoyment of the story, TOC.

Oh, and Michael, you are getting close! wink

And a Happy Christmas, everyone. smile

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard