Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Cute story!! Loved Lois' last dialog smile

(Although I don't know which superhero the second home-owner's supposed to be... the one who eats a lot.. blame it on my comics-ignorance smile ) Is it The Hulk? confused

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
Kerth
Same here. But, considering that he managed to startle Clark by returning so quickly, I'd assume he's one of the speedsters. One of the Flashes (Barry? Wally?) maybe? You know, Mary, a bit of a description would have helped with the guessing game. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry about that. peep

Fixed it now. I hope it's better. blush

~•~
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Cute story, but I felt like I wasn't in on the joke. I recognized Spiderman, but the rest were a mystery to me. huh

Elisabeth

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Very cute! My guesses were Spiderman- because of the clean, hard-to-reach places- the Flash- because he was so quick- and Batman- because of the humongous house. Thanks so much!!

thanks!

rkn
Kerth
Kerth
The third person showing Lois and Clark around is not Batman, but his butler, Alfred. It's just the way he talks that is so... Alfred-like (for lack of a better term). smile But, of course, the manor does belong to Batman.

So, number two is Wally West, isn't he? At least the red hair fits the bill, as well as his speed. smile Besides, didn't Wally have trouble with his metabolism when running too fast, at least in his early days as Kid Flash? Might explain the chocolate, if I may guess.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by rkn:
Very cute! My guesses were Spiderman- because of the clean, hard-to-reach places- the Flash- because he was so quick- and Batman- because of the humongous house. Thanks so much!!
party You got it!

And you're welcome! smile

Also a special doorprize to Lara for pegging Wally and Alfred. There was also a throw-away reference to Speedy, but that was so obscure even *I* wouldn't get it. :p

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Actually, I wondered if the reference to the former heroin addict was a reference to Speedy (Roy Harper). But I didn't guess Spiderman or Batman.

The inhuman appetite reminded me of Barry Allen on the TV series, the Flash. I was a fanatic collector 30 years ago, and Barry, who was blond in the comics, didn't inhale food like that. I don't know about Wally West because I stopped reading Flash comics when they killed off Barry's wife, Iris, and then when they killed off Barry Allen in Crisis on Infinite Earths, I stopped reading all comics and sold my 1000+ piece collection.

A fun piece, and more enjoyable after the reader catches the point.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There was also a throw-away reference to Speedy
I got it! The former heroin addict - caught it right away. Of course... you know.. I've been hanging out with the rich and famous of the DCU, so that obviously includes Oliver Queen and his son(s). wink

Nice work, Mary - it was so cute with all the clues you left for us to figure out who the houses belonged to. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, (*hangs head*) it didn't come to me till you mentioned the Shakespeare bust. I think I remember that from the old Adam West/Burt Ward "Batman" series in the 1960's where, when they tipped back the head, there was a switch inside that would open the passage to the Batcave.

Was that your hint?

A great fic and very funny!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh this was great! Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome little ficcie!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I did think the stuff about the heroin addict was a reference of some sort, but I was completely off track, thinking it might have been Spoiler. Checking wikipedia, there wasn't any mention of any addiction, so I decided not to mention it. As a long-time reader of the Teen Titans, I should have gotten it, though.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Cute story, Mary! Sorry I'm late to the party. Yes, the second superhero had to be Wally West, because he was so fast. Back in the seventies, I remember that Superman and Flash - who was good old Barry Allen back then - used to race each other a couple of times. The first race was a draw, but the second time The Flash won. Anyway, Barry Allen was a neat person, and he didn't have a super-appetite. But, yes, Wally West was humongously hungry.

Anyway, seeing these names again, I'm reminded why I gave up on the comics - you didn't want to know what DC would do to your friends. They killed Iris Allen, Barry's wife. Then they killed Barry Allen himself. They killed the original Supergirl, Linda Danvers. They retired the original Robin, Dick Grayson, from sidekick duty, and then they killed the next boy who dressed up as a little red bird. They turned Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, into a super mass murderer. And... Speedy? I remember Speedy. He used to be sort of heroic, and he used to hang out with the Justice League. Then he started doing drugs, and he betrayed the League.

Sigh. The comics just aren't worth it. Ah, but this was a very cute story, Mary! sloppy

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
And... Speedy? I remember Speedy. He used to be sort of heroic, and he used to hang out with the Justice League. Then he started doing drugs, and he betrayed the League.
But he got better, stopped doing drugs and had a daughter with a super-villainess (Cheshire) whom he helped escape from prison or certain prison a number of times. Oh, and he re-joined the Titans. Yeah, right.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I'm fine," she whispered back, "but if that last kick was any indication, these kids are going to be just like their father.
Let’s hope they are like their daddy.

"I was just thinking," Lois said, "whoever buys *this* house has no idea that they'll be buying from a superhero."
Oh, my gosh... It took me a minute to get this. The bust of Shakespeare did it. And I read right over the “Mary-Jane” in the first section the first time I read this.

As usual, Mary, this was a great story.

I stopped reading all comics and sold my 1000+ piece collection.
I stopped reading when they killed Superman. I always thought that was just stupid.

I totally missed the bit about the heroin addict as I don’t remember reading about Speedy. But Lara Joelle mentioned he was part of the Teen Titans, so maybe I did and just don’t remember...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I stopped reading when they killed Superman. I always thought that was just stupid.
...I'd just started reading comics again and there they go and "kill off" Bruce Wayne. &T$%"&*!!!!

Mind, I will squee like the crazy fangirl I am if this means that Dick is going to be Batman for a little bit again, but...

Dammit!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah. I agree.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, let’s take a look see. /Wonders what wonderful comedy Mary has for us this time/

"...And here, we have the Master Bedroom, which has a walk-in closet."
Oh, Lois and Clark looking for their first home?

Lois left his side to examine the closet, letting out a low whistle as she disappeared into its depth. "Really nice!" she concurred.
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard