Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so yes I would do that to you wink .

On the up side I am Fuh-ree for the next month! Final was from 8-10 this morning. At 920 - just as the last student was leaving - another student showed up. He had 40 minutes to take it and then he had to be done regardless. While he was working, I got all the grading done except the multiple choice/scantrons. I went to go pick up the kids and while they were eating, entered those grades and figured final grades [well, wrote down what the online gradebook told me their final grades were wink ] and entered them. DH will have to drop my paperwork off on Monday but that's it smile .

Anyway - FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Friday, 10-noon ET

Previews

Chapter 122
~*~Clark~*~

"*Christopher*!" I called again.

Even without my hearing on, I could hear everyone else trying to find him, too.

Five minutes later, I still hadn't found him and hadn't gotten a call from anyone else either.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I glanced at it as I answered. "Do you have him, Sam?"
Chapter 123
~*~Clark~*~

"I don't care if you sleep with her if it catches the bastard that did this."

I winced.
[yes I know they're both Clark previews but go with it smile ]

Thanks.
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, first of all, when is Clark going to stop shooting his mouth off to people about the circumstances of his marriage? mad

He told his MOTHER he couldn't tell her and then he turns around and tells Sam and Lana. Of course, he was kind of forced into telling Sam (although I still think he should of told him he'd have to talk to Lois before telling him, but I understand he was kind of in shock).

And even though he no longer has "mushy gooey feelings" for Lana (which I have still seen him yet to acknowledge), he obviously still cares about her. That makes since, considering how long they had been friends and how long they had been in love.

Still, I was happy to see him tell Lois about the conversation with Lana, and acknowledge that he shouldn't have done it.
But I still don't understand why he can't tell her about his conversation with Sam. His rationalization for not telling her was "it would hurt her."
Well, wouldn't knowing that he had told Lana about the circumstances AGAIN hurt more?
Of course, you could make the arguement that she trusts her father, while she doens't trust Lana, so she would be less worried about Sam knowing.

But she still deserves to know.

Oh, and it's nice they got jobs at the Planet, but we knew that would happen anyway.

I wonder if they're going to "bond" more about looking for Christopher.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

PS: Nice: 130 parts.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fake diplomas? So the rolled up piece of paper students get handed during graduation in the US isn't the real one but just for show?
Yup lol. After graduation, next to the reception on campus, we had to stand in line to get our real ones, for a couple of reasons at my alma mater. It's basically the financial aid people handing out diplomas saying that we've payed all our tuition bills (or turned in loans to pay back later), and that we've passed all of our classes. So people who have bills to pay or a summer class left can still walk with us (and get their real diplomas in the mail later), and we all get handed something fake for the time being.

Nice parts. Lana seems to be handling things better, and I'm glad for that. Clark can't seem to keep his mouth shut around her heh, but I don't mind since he keeps telling Lois what he told her. And Lois can call him a dolt every time and the world keeps turning.

Evil cliffhanger!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for these past two chapters. I think we’ve just about hit the climax of this story, and I am anxious to see where you take things.

Here’s my theory of what’s going to happen over the next couple of chapters. I could be totally off base, and my thoughts could be so different from the rest, but I thought I’d put them on record and see how I do.

You brought in the Lana scene so that we can see that not only has Clark pined for Lana, it seems the “obsessing” was done by Lana as well. Although they’ve probably matured since the beginning, I still get the sense that there are feelings still there.

Christopher’s gone now. I know you’re evil, but I don’t see you killing him off. What I do think will happen is that through Christopher’s kidnapping, Navance will be killed.

With Navance dead, there will be no need for a five-year plan. Lois and Clark could get divorced at any time, and I think, where these characters are at right now, they will. Lois Kent will become Lois Lane, and she will work at the Planet and develop as a reporter.

I see Clark getting back together with Lana. Although less than desirable, I see a quickie divorce for him, and then a quick wedding to Lana. Since Lana got a job in Smallville, I see Clark moving there as well and working at the Smallville Post or something. Clark had concerns about Lana being a step-mom, but in these chapters, she said that she would and expressed no anger. Since he can fly, Clark could always see the boys at any time and both Lois and Clark could maintain joint custody.

I see UP picking up where this leaves off. I have no clue how you’re going to do it, but I assume this story will entail bringing these two back together.

Both Lois and Clark deserve better than their current arrangement. Perhaps when apart, both will begin to realize that perhaps things weren’t as “bad” as they seemed. help Ducking from the tomatoes out there! help

I'm off for my Christmas holidays today, and I won't have access to the internet when I'm gone, so, I'll see how I did when I get back. smile

I did want to say, in advance, thanks for this fic Carol. Your writing and your story really brought these characters to life. I know you've probably wanted to kill me on occasions blush , it's just, your characters are such lunkheads at times, that you can't help but want to strangle them. When's UP out next? smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
So--did Lana take Christopher and hope to sway Clark in her bourgeoisie mind? I'm sorry. I just cannot feel sorry for her.

Nice job!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
When I read a novel and come to a scary part like this, I usually skip ahead for a chapter or two (or more) until I find that things are going to be at least more or less all right. And if things are not all right - if Christopher doesn't come back, say - I may stop reading altogether!

Ah, but I can't skip ahead now. You're evil, Carol.

Well, Grinch told us how she wanted things to end, so let me say how I would have liked things to end. I pictured Clark dancing with Lana at the reception and winning the dancing contest with her. (Well, he didn't do that, so it's a moot point now.) Meanwhile, as Lois is driving home, both she and Christopher are kidnapped. Clark, who is twirling Lana across the dance floor, remains perfectly oblivious to the fate of his family. When he finally comes home and finds Lois and Christopher gone, he realizes why Lois went home - it was because she wouldn't want to be at the same reception as Lana. And Clark responded by choosing Lana over his wife that night. And now his wife and son were missing. And Clark realized just what it meant to him the his *wife* *and* *son* were missing. And he realized, just then and there, what it would mean to him if they never came back. (And then he would save them. Of course.) wink

Well, we are not going to see that scenario play out. I agree that you wouldn't kill Christopher, so he is going to be all right. It's still awful that he is missing.)

As for Lana, well, I don't blame her for wanting to talk to Clark, or for asking him the things she did. I sort-of blame Clark for answering, but I don't blame him too much.

As for Lana as stepmother to Christopher and Nate... no. No, I can't stand the idea. It's not that Lana would be mean to the boys. As she said, she would love them because they are Clark's sons. It's just that my heart is still breaking at the idea that Clark and Lois would divorce.

Okay, looking forward to finding out how Christopher will be found, and what decision Lois and Clark will make about their future!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm, so Christopher didn't disappear in Smallville, but Metropolis... hmmm. I'm still not sure if he really disappeared.. impatiently awaiting the next posts smile

With Clark's tendency to blab everything to Lana, I'm sure glad he managed to keep his alien origins from her. :rolleyes: wink

Yay for Lois and Clark's graduation and their jobs at the Daily Planet in Metropolis while Lana is safely tucked away in Smallville kindergarten.

Ok.. my 2 cents for the preview.. I think (I hope) Lois' statement in the second preview is not for Clark re: Lana, but Sam re: Mindy ?? She could be their one lead on the disappearance...

Knowing there's a sequel to this, which involves time travel, etc... I'm undecided if OTOH is going to have a happy (Lois & Clark)or icky (Lana & Clark) ending confused smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Evil, evil, evil. You're queen of evil, Carol. [Linked Image]

Where is Christopher? Still in Metropolis? Latislan? Some unknown place? [Linked Image] Poor baby. I hope they find him soon. He must be scared away from his family. frown

Lois should get Clark for his next birthday a duct tape, so he could tape his mouth when he's near Lana.
[Linked Image]

Why can't he keep that damn mouth shut? [Linked Image] Every time he mets Lana he blabs and betrays Lois's trust. I'm glad at least he didn't speak about the five-years countdown. But I hope he doesn't met Lana again, or he will blurt it out and mess everything more yet. razz

Pleeeeease, no marriage to Lana! dizzy If Clark goes back to Lana and for whatever reason he wants to get back again with Lois, she'd be a second choice. I don't see how she could accept it. He'd have chosen Lana first, and just would come back because things didn't work with her. Lois would be a substitute or an option so he wouldn't spend his life alone. After being compared to Lana and rejected for so long, Lois can't accept Clark as Lana's leftover. Lois deserves better than this. sad

Is it time yet? [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yes, Mellie, it's time. Or nearly so.

Sorry not a more detailed response but off to get the next two ready to post...

Thanks!
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Still here!
Although I did have to use the handy portable defibrillator. It was on hand just in case the preview in the last FDK was actually the end scene... and it was! Grr.

As others have mentioned, Clark's tendency to spill the beans to Lana is overly frustrating. As long as he can't control himself--feelings involved or not--then Lois's fears that Lana will always be the third person in their marriage are true. We had some discussions about the type of intimacies earlier, and this is yet another one. Even if Clark realizes that his feelings for Lana have cooled off and that they were as much about the idea of being in love as they were for being in love, Lana knows too much. She's got details about their marriage that she shouldn't have. It's like when someone spends more time venting to their friends about their marital problems than talking to their spouse (not the exact same as LnC, but same effect). Those type of situations don't lead to success (unless you're the divorce lawyer, that is).

So, I'm hoping that we're moving on from Lana and all her know-too-muchness. I'm happy she got a job that she enjoys, but now I want her to release Clark as well. I agree that she was doing her own share of Clark-obsessing too.

Poor Christopher! Before I read the next parts, there was something that I wanted to theorize about. Back when the Navance ordeal began, we were wondering about his motivation for centering on Lois. From his standpoint, he knows that the child is not his, yet he continues to threaten. One explanation was that he was just crazy, but another was that it took the focus off of the guns on the plane. If the distraction was the reason, why continue the ruse after all attempts at exposing the gun-plot failed? Why go so far as to actually take the child? Could it be that he just wants to stick it to the US? Is it one of those Lex Luthor power trips: I do this because I can?

Navance has kind of been the background bad guy as we've focused on the LnC relationship, but these questions make me interested to see how his role plays out. I think he and Mindy have some connection and *she* is the one fixated on Christopher, stemming from some personal vendetta against Lois.

Okay, I'm done ruminating... time to read!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard