Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Decided to try starting my own thread this time around...

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it... short and sweet smile you're right, I never realized it but there were ample incidents for Lois to feel abandoned even before they started dating... thumbsup thumbsup smile cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Columnist
Columnist
That poor little chocolate yogurt! A victim on the road of love! LOL

You did a wonderful job with Lois, her hurt was very real.

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was really empathizing with the abondoned yogurt. Very well written!

thanks!

rkn
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Poor yogurt. Road kill on the narrow highway of Lois Lane's love life.

Very insightful. And using the yogurt as a metaphor for Lois' relationship with Clark while also using it to make the required puddle at the end was outstanding. Nice, tight piece of writing. And you captured Lois' anguish and fear of losing herself in an impossible relationship very well. Wish I could do stuff like this half as well as you have.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks Beth! I feel honored to be the recipient of this year's Frozen Yogurt Award... I mean, of this ficathon entry!

Impressive way to stick so much insight into a cup of melting yogurt. Clark should have know right away that something was wrong. It was chocolate! The denial of chocolate in Lois's book is like a megaphone announcement, lol.

It was nice to see that Lois talked (or ranted) about her feelings instead of keeping Clark in the dark. It got a promise out of him. Shape up, Farm boy! She needs you! And I also like that the argument was kinda off-screen. It allowed you to move them past it, while it still being front and center. I have to admit, I was stumped for prompts and just filled in whatever came to mind first--glad you could make them work!

Once again, thanks. I just finished finals week with the completion of a term paper so this is a welcome way to celebrate.

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice Beth, clap

I was going to comment on your use of the yogurt but Terry already said everything that came to my mind.

I hope that Clark realizes that a revelation needs to follow almost *immediately* or he will face a big problem keeping his word. And, after this scene, he had better not do a “run off” without Lois understanding exactly what’s going on.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aww! nice work! smile

and there were several puddles, here, including me in a puddle of goo toward the end. wink

thumbsup

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Sonia, your prompt of the puddle was the perfect one for me. It was broad enough for limitless possibilities, but zany enough to force me to be creative. I knew as soon as I saw it that it wasn't going to be an ordinary puddle. wink

Thanks again everyone for the comments.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Such a beautiful metaphor. I imagine that not showing up with the yogurt would have caused hurt feelings. You depicted that well.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww... I loved the kiss!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let’s see… A Beth story. Is this going to be a Next Gen treat?

It was chocolate frozen yogurt, too. How completely unfair was it that Clark knew her that well?
Isn’t she allowed to eat it for some reason? goofy

“I’m not done yet, Clark,” she waved aside. “Look, I can feel there’s something going on between us. And whether or not you do too isn’t actually the most important thing. Because it hurts more and more every time you leave me. I need to know if you’re going to be there when I call you at home, or if you’re going to come *with* me when we go to cover a story rather than running off and meeting me there later. I need to know if you’re going to be here in the morning so I can say hello to you and if you’re going to stick around in the evening so you can walk me to my car. I need to know if we’re going to eat lunch together or if you’re going to be gone somewhere where I can’t find you. I need to know whether or not you’re going to be here for me, Clark.
Sounds suspiciously like a committed relationship to me.

Her blind fingers hit the cup of frozen yogurt, pushing it down to the floor where it landed with a soft splat, spreading out in a puddle at their feet.
Okay, I may be bad with symbolism, but if the f/y was her feelings, splattering them on the floor mean…? wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks Elisabeth, Classicalla, and Michael! I'm glad to know that you enjoyed it.

Okay, I may be bad with symbolism, but if the f/y was her feelings, splattering them on the floor mean…?
The way I look at it, it can symbolize the end of Lois feeling abandoned. So the destruction of those particular feelings, and not her emotional health as a whole. Of course, you can also take it as foreshadowing of what's going to happen in the future. If Clark doesn't tell her the truth, it's like he is shoving her feelings to the floor.

And as for Next Gen, Michael... Well, it'll be a while before we see anything from that universe. My current story doesn't have any mention of those characters. wink

Thanks again for the comments, guys!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard