Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

And yes - Sam *totally* shocked me when he said that.

Next scheduled post:
Sunday, sometime after 3pm ET

Previews

Chapter 112
~*~Lois~*~

I carefully reached for the TV remote on the multipurpose doohickey that also had the call button and volume and everything else on it. ANC was running their top of the hour news. The first story was the brutal extinguishing of the group that attempted a coup in Latislan.

I sighed. A girl could dream, right? And with the outcome of this one – apparently Navance's men had been... cruel to the men and their families, including their wives – it seemed unlikely another one would be attempted any time soon.
Chapter 113
~*~Clark~*~

I heard the water start in the tub. I was sure a long bath would help her feel better and help her relax enough to get to sleep.

I put Nate in his bassinet, being as careful as I could so he wouldn't wake up. I breathed a sigh of relief when he stayed asleep.

I headed back into our room, pulling the door most of the way shut behind me. Christopher was in his Incredibles toddler bed and had ended up in our bed with me when Nate woke him up. It wasn't every night or every time Nate was up, but often enough. Most nights that he didn't end up with me, I found Lois and Nate in her old room. She said she went in there to keep from waking Christopher up. She talked about just staying in there for a while, but never had.
Thanks smile .
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
"And what you can do is keep acting like you and my daughter are living the greatest love story since Hans Solo and Princess Leia."

I was sure my eyes were wide as the proverbial flying saucer as my head jerked up to look at him.

"What?" I managed to squeak out.

"You heard me," he said, leaning back in his chair. "So do you want to tell me the whole story or should I keep pretending to be oblivious?"
Oh yeah! party Finally, someone has stepped up and is forcing Clark to address this marriage.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Carol, now you're worrying me about long term baby worry goofy

Michael blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm scared. And for all sorts of reasons too.

Nate's spitting up seems to be saying something more, though hopefully I'm wrong. Then Navance is making threats again. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he claims to have been in the country at the time of conception--he seems to know a great deal about what's going on in their lives. Finally, there's Sam. I'm glad he's not as oblivious as he's been acting. He knew something was off with Mindy and got rid of her when the threat was to Lois, *and* he knows that Lois and Clark aren't as close as they've been acting.

What scares me about that knowledge is that with him in the know, LnC won't have to pretend around him. If they decide to act "natural" around him, I think that will make it that much harder to keep the pretense with everyone else. Complicated, but I love it.

Previews: That Navance sure is pretty savvy for a crazy old coot, ain't he? Are you sure his middle name isn't Tempus?

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This really worries me, although not for the reasons that it worries most of the readers.

"I'm not going to let anyone get to my family either. And I can afford all this, no problem. You do what you can to take care of them, and I'll do what I can." He sat up, leaned forward his forearms resting on his desk and he looked straight at me. "And what you can do is keep acting like you and my daughter are living the greatest love story since Hans Solo and Princess Leia."

I was sure my eyes were wide as the proverbial flying saucer as my head jerked up to look at him.

"What?" I managed to squeak out.

"You heard me," he said, leaning back in his chair. "So do you want to tell me the whole story or should I keep pretending to be oblivious?"
Lois always said that she didn't want anyone to know about Navance or the time limit, for various reasons.

Obviously, they had to let some people know about Navance.

But this is another thing all together!

Certainly, you can make the arguement that since Sam says he already knows, there's nothing wrong with telling him.

But I really hope Clark has enough loyalty to Lois this time to ask, or at least TELL her first. Their friends, by this point. Shouldn't that count for something?

All he'd have to do was say, "Let me talk to Lois before I tell you."

Or "Why don't I tell you when Lois is feeling better?" (Because she might not be up to such a conversation after just giving birth.)

Certainly Sam has her best interests at heart, and he is Lois's FATHER, not just the security delail, etc. But she told Clark she didn't want ANYONE to know.

How she feels about this should be Clark's primary concern.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmm, Clark is just a bit high-falutin' about himself, isn't he? He always has the best and noblest reasons for being lunkheaded. For example, in Elisabeth's latest story, Clark probably felt justified in demanding equal rights to the bed in the honeymoon suite. After all, it's no thanks to Lois that he doesn't need a bed to be comfortable at night, is it? And she so needs to love him for himself, that is, she has to love him for the guy who does need a bed at night to be comfortable! So of course he can't let her have the bed just like that! Surely his Mom can see that? (No?)

And in this story, Clark is planning on leaving Lois for the best and noblest of reasons: so that the two of them can go on with their lives and find true love somewhere else and be really happy with other people. It's a pity that it's going to be difficult to explain this to his parents and to Sam - parents and in-laws can be so dense sometimes.... frown

I think that the most important reason for Clark's lunkheadedness is that he feels so justified about being so secretive about himself. He so carefully hides the 'real him' from other people. The rest of us learn to be members of society as we interact with other people, and other people continually give us response and feedback on what we are doing. That thing I did there was good. People liked it. But that other thing I did just before that was bad. People disapproved of it, and they disapproved of me. If I want people to like me, I'd better do more of the things they approve of and less of the things they dislike.

Clark doesn't get this kind of feedback from society, because he so carefully hides so much of himself. Interestingly, Clark has in fact had a 'secret identity' in this fic, even though he has most certainly not become a Superman yet. Instead he has had a 'counting-down-the-days-until-the-divorce' secret identity. No one has been allowed to see that part of him, no one but Lois. To everyone else, Clark has put on his bright and attractive 'doting husband persona'. He has, in fact, been Super-Husband! Ta-daahhh!!!

Super-Husband\'s clothing for Clark?

And because he has been pretending to be such a super husband in every respect, no one has been able to give him feedback on his decision to divorce Lois as soon as the threat from Navance is over. Lois has tried to talk to him about it, but he doesn't like that topic of conversation and generally refuses to be drawn into it.

Now Sam knows. And Clark may have to explain to Sam why he is planning on divorcing his daughter and breaking his daughter's family apart. I'm sure Clark isn't looking forward to that conversation. It's easier to have a secret identity and not have to answer to anybody, isn't it?

Now for something completely different. So Nate is spitting up his food, eh? Is this ominous? Maybe, but I don't really think so. Carol, you have told us so much about the problems you have had with your own little son, who for a long time wouldn't gain weight properly. Fortunately those problems are over for your son. But it wouldn't surprise me too much if Lois is going to experience something similar with Nate.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
shock shock shock HansSolo? shock shock shock
Yeah, I head pretty much the same initial reaction. My second thought was, "I'd love to see Michael's face when he reads that." (I know he's a fan of STAR WARS.) My third reaction was a rather silly giggle. Nothing against giving people German names (like Hans), but Han Solo should never be turned into a Hans.

Anyway, looks like Mr.-Evil-Dicator rears his ugly head again. Can't we just have Clark execute him? Puh-lease? Give him some red K so he gets all amoral, and bam!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hell of a cliff-hanger, Carol! Unbelievable. I can't wait to see what he has to say about their *snicker* love story.

Navance...I'm a big fan of death by blow dart.

Great parts!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Too late to respond coherently...

Except to apologize for the Han/Hans thing... I'll fix it.

C was 25 months when N was born.

No his middle name isn't Tempus.

RAFO about Clark/Sam wink .

Love the shirts laugh .

Death by blow dart would sound good to Lois!

On the up side, I did finish and send off 121 today! WOOHOO! I then proceeded to do lots of other stuff and then finish all my grading until Thursday when they take their finals [still a bit to do - enter them in the computer etc. but that's the EASY part].

Was going to start 122 but then the muse had a thought [hate it when that happens] that may change the order of what happens next. [A for instance, originally the order was kerths, adoption option, corn festival, pop pop's funeral - but that was two black ties then two smallvilles [all on consecutive weekends or so] - ended up flipping adoption option/corn festival. Same kind of thing but with greater potential rewrite consequences so not writing till I decide which way to go...] Emailed a couple FoLCs about their thoughts but haven't really heard back yet [one clarification question but that's it]. Of course, once I start writing, it may go a completely different direction, though I do know what events need to be included the path to them may wander a bit...

And if you think that was coherent... it wasn't. It was rambling... wink .

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Except to apologize for the Han/Hans thing... I'll fix it.
confused Wait, that wasn't intentionally done so as to distract from the revelation? blush

Seriously, though: It can stand just as it is, or perhaps make it to "Luke Solo" or "The farm kid and Princess Leila" smile1 And I really did think it was intentional laugh

Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Can't we just have Clark execute him? Puh-lease? Give him some red K so he gets all amoral, and bam!
Clark returns to Lois with a ziplock bag: Here, Lois. Navance always said he wanted to give you his heart clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, I thought the Hans Solo thing was funny, too. Hans is of course a German name, but when I was a kid it was popular here in Sweden, and I knew a couple of kids named Hans. But these days the name is very out of fashion and rather small-town and unsophisticated-sounding to modern kids, sorry, so 'Hans Solo' sounds just too funny to Swedish ears.... laugh

Ann

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since it's already past my endurance date and I'm trying to feel creative:

How about a vignette titled 'Honey, I dropped the dictator'

Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard