Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58178 12/12/08 12:47 AM
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
rotflol

Clark's Red Krytonite induced revelation! CLark making comments that would make him blush and in fron tof Lois' family.

Nicely done!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#58179 12/12/08 01:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#58180 12/12/08 04:11 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Man, if the tie matches that hat. . .

Very cute story!

thanks!

rkn
#58181 12/12/08 04:48 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
That was priceless, Bobbart. I prefer amorous, sloppy red-K reactions to ambivelant red-K reactions any day.

As for that hat, it took me a minute to make the connection. When I did, I laughed loud enough that I had to explain to everyone why I was laughing. Needless to say, somebody else is now going to be reading the story.

Elisabeth

#58182 12/12/08 05:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whoa, that was way cool!
Try to think of Superman as part-time volunteer work that he does as a community service.
Nice succinct explanation of the Clark/Superman combination.
That was really a cute imaginative story!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#58183 12/12/08 07:21 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved it, too. And I can just see the tie that Clark would wear to match Lucy's hat!!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

That was indeed an adorable story!

Ann

#58184 12/12/08 08:08 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very nice =) I loved the humor and that it fit into your Luck series if I was reading right ^.^

Sara "Lieta"
#58185 12/13/08 02:00 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh my, can you imagine how Lois was frantically trying to fix this!

Only Ellen would get glowing red ornaments, very cute.

#58186 12/13/08 05:41 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let’s see…

“Besides, when will we find a better time to tell your family about the baby? If we duck out now, you know how hard it will be to bring this up later. And it won’t be very long before your condition will be too obvious to ignore.”
Luck and Consequences episode, by any chance?

As the door opened, she realized that she had come face to face with—an abomination! Lois stared openmouthed at the space above her sister’s head.

Lucy laughed and said, “C’mon Sis, it’s not that bad.”

“It” was a huge, broad brimmed green hat shaped like a Christmas tree. It must have been a foot tall and was covered with tiny ornaments, flashing lights and fake snow. On the brim of the hat was a Santa’s sleigh complete with tiny reindeer and Santa himself. At the top of the tree was a crystal star that was rotating and every so often would twinkle with the refracted light from miniature lights on the tree.
clap

Before Lois could answer, Clark spoke up. “Yeah. That was some vacation.” Then Clark leaned in and started nuzzling her neck.
Definitely red K. But shouldn’t Lois be affected, too?

This seemed to catch Sam’s attention. “So, was it someone’s private island? It must have been difficult to get there.”

Clark now seemed happy to answer every question that came his way. “Nobody owns it. I found it flying and we just flew there.”
Not really surprised there. Poor Lois. laugh

Ellen replied, “Why yes. I found this odd red one in a curio shop in Kansas City a few years ago.” Ellen got up and stepped over to the tree. She reached in among the branches and took out what was obviously a chunk of red Kryptonite carved into the shape of Santa.
Duh! laugh

Sam interjected, “Lois, your baby… Is it … well, Clark’s?” This brought four angry stares from the rest of the room. Very quickly Sam tried to explain. “I’m sorry about how that sounds, but Son, you’re an alien, aren’t you?”
Bad Sam!

He’s a very human-compatible alien.
*mwahahahahahahahahah*

Clark elevated his eyes slightly then answered. “I will on one condition. I want to borrow that hat to wear to the Planet’s office Christmas party this year. It’ll go perfect with the tie that I plan to wear.”
shock

Thanks for making me snicker and grin smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#58187 12/13/08 09:06 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I can't resist a plug to my home town... we have an annual christmas musical show... look at the picture's on the site at the hair... (I can't get a photo to post...)

^.^ Go Austin!

Actual Show\'s site

Sara "Lieta"
#58188 12/13/08 11:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks everyone.

Per the assessment of Sara and Michael, I did write this as a chapter inside my existing Luck and Consequences universe. Honestly, it was too tempting to pass up. I tried to design the story so that it would be accessible to those that did not read LaC.

This is intended to immediately follow the initial discovery that Lois is pregnant, and the child is Lara. In LaC I never addressed how any of the relatives were told of the pregnancy. Furthermore, I did the math and realized that a Christmas revelation of the pregnancy at an early Christmas party would work (just barely) based on the timetable that was already in LaC.

I hope everyone enjoyed the hat. I really have been to a hat party. I had some friends years ago that did those. However, I never saw that particular hat.

Crazy_Babe: I’m glad you liked it.

Ultra Woman: Thanks. I’ve never tried humor before and I’m glad it was fun.

rkn: Yes, I wonder about the tie also

Elisabeth: The beauty of red K is that it allows for so much flexibility. Now I have to ask, did I achieve an unexpected connection with the hat? I was just trying to visualize an over-the-top hat.

Artemis: Superman as the ultimate community volunteer. It’s what makes him special.

Ann: I’m glad you liked it. I think sooner or later I’m going to have to develop a description for that tie.

Sara: I’m glad you were able to see the LaC connection. It was fun to fill in a messing section of that story.

cp33: I actually started out with red snowmen but that just didn’t feel right. At least Santa wears red cloths. I actually toyed with the idea of green K in the form of a glowing green crystal wreath, but it got too serious for a fun piece. And the red was so much fun. I actually wrote some much more, um… “suggestive” comments for Clark about what happened on vacation but didn’t have the guts to leave them in.

Michael: Such wonderful, detailed feedback! As with Sara, I’m pleased you spotted LaC. At this point Lois was not affected since at this point in the story, she’s doesn’t have her own biofield yet. Now, in future Christmas gatherings…? I really did stick Sam with a bad line but that’s what he gets for being the doctor in the room.

Sara again: Wow! Can we ask the lady in green if her hat plays Jingle Bells?

Bob

#58189 12/13/08 03:50 PM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Well... I'm sure she *sings* it Bob, ~.^ It's been a few years since I went to the show... it was fun though... and the first thing I thought of when you described Lucy's hat... although... does a green wig best a green hat? huh

I wish I had been able to find the commercial though... it had a story high green 'Marge' hair with decorations...

Sara "Lieta"
#58190 12/17/08 11:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The Christmas tree hat was wow! And the revelation scene ... hehe thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#58191 12/18/08 05:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My computer crashed and I have been without this site for over a week, so I'm just now finding the fic your wrote for me. My first day back to work is tomorrow so I need to go to bed, but I promise feedback tomorrow! And thank you so much!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#58192 12/22/08 12:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First, I need to say I’m sorry for taking soooo.... long to post feedback. blush

And I think this is one of the best revelations ever!!!

I’ve read this story about four times now and every time I find myself smiling a big smile!

“No. I just don’t think this is a good idea. My family gatherings never go right. We can still leave. We haven’t gone in the door yet!”
Lois has cold feet!

Lois looked up with a hurt puppy dog look
I love Lois’ puppy dog looks.

“It” was a huge, broad brimmed green hat shaped like a Christmas tree. It must have been a foot tall and was covered with tiny ornaments, flashing lights and fake snow. On the brim of the hat was a Santa’s sleigh complete with tiny reindeer and Santa himself. At the top of the tree was a crystal star that was rotating and every so often would twinkle with the refracted light from miniature lights on the tree.
Your imagery is so good here that I can “see” this hat. I love it. Hmm.... I’m the crafty type. Maybe I’ll make one! Don’t know if I could manage the rotating star... but the rest is very doable! If I make it, I’ll post a pic.

There’s usually a door prize for the hat categories like best or most original.
Surely Lucy won when she wore this hat.

As she sat down, Clark pulled her into a quick embrace, and she felt what she would swear was a somewhat sloppy kiss on her temple. “Hi, Beautiful. I missed you!”
Puppy dog kisses!

“I can’t fly a plane. We just flew.”
I love that! Did you know that in some Superman incarnations, Clark can fly a plane?

Lois felt herself lifting off of the loveseat. They were floating. So much for secrets!
rotflol This is wonderful!

The dopey smile was replaced with one reminiscent of a child whose hand was just slapped for being in the cookie jar before dinner.
I can see the pout on Clark’s face.

“Superman!” Lucy yelled. “I can’t believe it Sis, you actually married Superman! Way to go!”
Yeah, way to go, Lois!

Sam turned back to Lois. “Honey, remember two Christmases back when ‘Superman’ was so sick,” and he nodded at Clark. “It was hard not to notice the way you looked at him when we thought he might die. Then, when Clark ‘came back,’ your reaction to having him with you seemed, well odd. Since then, we’ve seen you and Clark together and it’s easy to tell how you two feel about each other. Lois, it wasn’t that much of a stretch to wonder about you and Clark and Superman. Your mom and I actually talked once about if Clark could be Superman, but we figured that if he was, you had your reasons for keeping it secret.”
I’ve always thought Sam had to have figured it out. He’s pretty smart.

Red kryptonite revelation!! As I already noted, but it’s worth saying again, I love this revelation.

“Daddy, the baby is Clark’s. He’s a very human-compatible alien.”
Good thing!!

Clark tipped his glasses for a moment and stared at Lois’s abdomen. “Look’s fine. Heart zipping away like normal.”
Wouldn’t that be an amazing thing - to see your baby’s development every bit of the way?

“That is *so* cool!”
Yes, it is!!

Will you take me flying sometime?”
Me, too?

Clark elevated his eyes slightly then answered. “I will on one condition. I want to borrow that hat to wear to the Planet’s office Christmas party this year. It’ll go perfect with the tie that I plan to wear.”
Perfect ending!!

As for that hat, it took me a minute to make the connection. When I did, I laughed loud enough that I had to explain to everyone why I was laughing. Needless to say, somebody else is now going to be reading the story.
Your mother-in-law? laugh

Luck and Consequences
I must read this...

I tried to design the story so that it would be accessible to those that did not read LaC.
It was, it was.

I absolutely loved this story!!! (And again I’m sorry I’m so late with feedback.)

Nancy

#58193 12/22/08 07:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
AnKS:
I’m glad you enjoyed to revelation and the hat.

Nancy:
Obviously I’m particularly happy that you enjoyed the story. As for the delay, I had wondered if you were on travel or something. I don’t know if I could handle being cut-off for more than a day or so by a computer crash.

Actually, I can’t remember Clark in any incarnation flying a plane. (Could the George Reeves Clark fly a plane? I seem to have a vague memory of an image.) I mean really, why would he bother to spend the time to get a license?

I was worried about the Luck and Consequences tie-in. I’m glad you don’t mind my taking advantage of my existing universe. When I saw your request for a pregnant Lois and a revelation, I was wondering if this came from someone already familiar with that work. It fit what I’ve done so perfectly it almost felt like the request was intended specifically for me.

It was very much my pleasure to craft this story for you. laugh
Merry Christmas!

Bob

Edit: PS: If you do make the hat, *please* post a picture! grovel

#58194 12/22/08 03:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Could the George Reeves Clark fly a plane? I seem to have a vague memory of an image.
Yes.

I mean really, why would he bother to spend the time to get a license?
I agree, but I believe it was a ploy to put off suspicion that Clark was Superman.

I’m glad you don’t mind my taking advantage of my existing universe.
I don't think you will be the only one doing this with a story. (For those who wonder, no, my story will not be in the New Hero universe.)

And a Merry Christmas to you, too.

And if I get the hat made, I will post a picture.

#58195 01/09/09 05:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the story, and my mother would have loved the hat.

I knew that RK was in there someplace and that it would be responcable for the revelation.

And it fits with the LaC universe nicely.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#58196 01/10/09 02:55 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks James.

I can't believe I almost tried to tell this story with Green K. Obviously, it would not have been nearly as lighthearted.

I hope you get feeling better soon.

Bob

#58197 01/10/09 09:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Such wonderful, detailed feedback!
Aww, thanks and you're welcome.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard