TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging mecry

Oh Mary, this was just so sad!

But these two scenes were beautiful too, in spite of everything:

Lois gasped. "Clark?" She crossed the kitchen to him, reached up and laid a gentle hand on the side of his face. That simple gesture was all that was needed to bring him crashing down on her. Lois struggled to remain standing under his weight as he clung to her.

Finally she let herself sink, with Clark, onto the floor of the kitchen. He buried his face in her neck while she knelt there, cradling him in her arms.
Dr. Klein tentatively reached up and put a hand on her shoulder.

The gesture was too much. She doubled over, tears cascading in full force. After a few moments, she turned towards him, causing her body to twist like a cork-screw. "All---I---wanted," she said from behind her tears, "was to marry the man I loved, and have his children. Was this so wrong?"
Oh, so sad... but beautiful, too.

And most certainly Lara and Bernie are right for each other!

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Geez, y'all, can't a man offer comfort to a woman on a friendship basis without starting all those tongues to wagging? Bernie may have wanted to ask her out, but it would have been because of her brilliant mind, not her physical attributes. Besides, don't you think it would be totally weird for him to date Superman's mother? Not to mention the fact that Lara is still mourning her husband's death. It's way too soon for her to even think about romance, assuming she ever does.

On top of all that, she still has to get some kind of ID so she can keep working at Star Labs. I'm sure Bernie and Jimmy can put something together that will work, but she'll have to learn her new backstory so no one will get suspicious. And now that she's been blasted by her son, I don't know how willing she'll be to go to all that effort.

I wonder how long it will take before Lois intervenes? Will she go see Lara once Clark tells all? Will Lara even listen to her? Will Lara be the key to allow Clark and Lois to conceive a child? Or will Lara go back to the ship and just stay there and wait to die? Might take a long time; there's lots of sunshine in Arizona all year round.

Good story! Both Clark's and Lara's reactions ring true to life. I can hardly wait to see how you resolve this emotional deathtrap.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
I wonder how long it will take before Lois intervenes?
Lois nothing, I'm waiting for MARTHA to weigh in!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She became quiet, and didn't quite look at him for a while. "No." Her voice was almost inaudible. She took a shuddering breath and spoke up a little, her eyes seeming a little too bright. "No. We almost had a child...but...it wasn't meant to be. After that...we stopped trying."

Clark snorted. "Did you abandon it, too?" he asked, only half-sarcastically.

A silence fell between them.

Lara stared at him with an expression of utter appallment. The long seconds that followed made Clark squirm, but before he could apologize or take back what he said, she reached up and slapped him.

Hard.

It *hurt*.
Yeah yeah yeah... Clark is hurt and everything. He still behaved like a horse's behind. And he finally has a mother who can actually slap him and make it hurt. smile1

The background check thing was AWESOME. Poor Bernie, now he has to find out how to do a background check on a Kryptonian laugh

The last two bits were great, too.

I'm really glad I waited till it was all posted. Even though, I actually just waited till I had an open fic-slot and figured, catch up and then enjoy the final 40 parts. Yeah. That worked out really well... mecry

Michael jump

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard