This is for Mr.D8a. I think he has his holidays mixed up, but Halloween it is!

Lois Lane stood with arms crossed impatiently tapping her foot. She had a source to meet and if her husband didn’t show up within the next 1.5 seconds she was personally going to feed him kryptonite. Green, or maybe red. . . .

She heard the “swoosh” of his arrival and then someone walked out of their bedroom into the living room.

“What in the world are you wearing, Clark Kent? And what did you do to your hair?”

“I dressed up as the scariest person I know of. Well, second scariest. The scariest would be-”

Lois laid a finger across his lips, “Ah-ah-ah, don’t even say that name.”

“Right. So you’re going to go meet our source.”

“And you’re taking Becca trick-or-treating since you can x-ray the candy on the spot, saving us a trip to the ER to get it checked out.”

Clark looked down at his little daughter who was dressed in white fur. “And what are you dressed as? No, let me guess. The Three Bears?”

Becca giggled. “No, Daddy. Bears are black or brown.”

“Or white. Are you a polar bear?”

Becca shook her head making her dark curls bounce. “No.”

“Hmmn. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas?”

Beca giggled again. “No. He’s green.”

Lois kissed Becca. “Mommy’s going to go talk to someone for work. ‘Come to Papa’ Tempus- I mean you dad, here, is going to take you trick-or-treating.”

“Okay, Mommy.”

Lois walked out the door still listening to her husband and daughter.

“A duck. You must be a furry duck.”

“Silly daddy. Ducks have feathers.”

“A baby chick?”

“They’re yellow.”
“I just don’t know then. What is white and fluffy?”

“A fluffy bunny, Daddy! I’m a fluffy bunny.”

“Of course! I guess the ears should have given it away,” Clark said flicking one the upstanding columns of fluff.

Becca giggled. “I can wiggle my nose. Wanna see?”

Lois climbed the stairs to the front door. Her meeting had been a wasted trip. He hadn’t given her anything she didn’t already know. And why had she had to meet him tonight? She would much rather have spent time with her daughter and husband.

Clark opened the door as she reached the top. “Shhhh. Becca’s out cold. All the walking around wore her out.”

Lois walked in and hung her coat up. “A wasted trip, Clark. And I hated missing trick-or-treating with Becca.”

Clark came up behind her and massaged her shoulders. “Sit down, put your feet up, and you can tell me all about it.”

Lois moved to the couch to do just that. “Did Becca get any chocolate?”

Clark appeared with a wineglass of juice for both of them and a handful of chocolate candies. “She did, and I picked some out for you.”

Lois unwrapped the foil from the first piece, put the chocolate in her mouth and moaned, “Ummn. This is the best part of the holiday.”

“Eating Becca’s candy?”

“She’ll never notice and she doesn’t need it anyway.”

Clark glanced at her but wisely kept his mouth shut.

“I saw that and, yes, I do need it.”

“Tell me about your meeting.”

“He wanted to tell me about the group that was taking donations to give needy families Thanksgiving dinners. One of the guys checking the books had discovered a discrepancy between the amount collected and the amount going out. Somebody is pocketing some of the donations. I already had that part figured out. I was hoping that he might be able to pinpoint the person or persons doing it. I mean, of all the disreputable things! Stealing donations! People give their own hard earned money to help their fellow man and some lazy, good for nothing decides that they are more deserving and just takes the money! How are we supposed to bring about Utopia when scumbags like this just get away with stealing from needy families!”

“Lois, you’re not going to let them get away with it. I know you won’t.”

“You’re right. If that scumbag thinks he can sneak this past me he has another think coming. Now could you go wash the color out of your hair? Every time I look at you I get a little weirded out. I can’t believe you dressed up like Tempus!”

“I was in a hurry and coloring my hair and sticking on this ‘Vote for John Doe’ pin was the quickest thing that I could come up with. Would you believe I actually got a few ‘He was a darn nice guy’s, followed by horrified, embarrassed looks when they realized what they said? Maybe that’s why Becca got so much candy.” There was a blur of movement and Clark returned to sit by her, rubbing his wet, dark hair with a towel, and now dressed in sweats and a t-shirt.

“Much better.”

“Well, I could have dyed my hair white, threw on a sheet, and dressed up as-”

“Z-z-z-ip it!”

“You have a thing against white hair?”

“I have a thing against anyone getting on my last nerve.”

Clark chucked.

“Speaking of visitors from the future. . .”

“Yes?”

“I was thinking of the one that Herb brought by.”

“The baby?” He still felt a twinge when he thought about that baby. He had stolen Clark’s heart during the short time that they had the baby before Herb reclaimed him to take him back to their future selves.

“Mmm-hmmn. I think you might be seeing him again soon.”

“Lois? What are you-”

“In about nine months.”

“Oh, Lois.” Clark teared up.

Lois chuckled as she placed her arms around him and reached to kiss him. “So next year, you’ll have another fluffy bunny to take trick-or-treating.”

“And you’ll have one more kid to steal candy from. Hey! No hitting!”

Mr. D8a asked:

FOUR things I want in my fic:
1. Tempus
2. red kryptonite
3. Fluffy bunny
4. G-rated enough that I can read it to my girls.
Lois and Clark do hug and kiss, but I didn't get descriptive and they are married, so I hope this will pass. evil

I hope that you and your girls enjoy this belated Halloween story!

thanks!

rkn