Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
Back on my posting schedule. Part 9 on Wed.
Max

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wonderful part, wonderful emotions. I love how this Clark is more like canon Lois in that he is very gun shy with his emotions towards women yet he is also basically good guy Clark and attracted to Lois. Lois is so much more open and sounds like she did not go through all the emotional stuff canon Lois did (Dad, Paul, Claude).

Keep it coming

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved it. They're so different and so sweet jump

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A fun post.They are becoming comfortable with each other so easly. The light banter and teasing are classic. And did Mad Dog Lane go all moody over a mood piece?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! An author who knows how a rocket motor works! Good exposition on the techie stuff. I like your take on the pilot elements. They seem fresh and new. Also your addition to Clark's article on the Sarah Berhardt theater was good and in character. It shows this Clark's time in Europe.
Keep it coming.
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, great part!

First, the excellent sciency stuff about the rocket engine. It didn't even sound like technobabble! No, it sounded very real. (I mean no offense if it is real - I don't have the technical education to assess.)

And second, the famous article about the demolished theatre -it's been in every fic about the pilot, and numerous other fics too. I've always wondered what Clark really wrote that got him hired, and now I know!

Great part on Lois' interior monologue and feelings. You can see how the attraction to Clark is starting, based on his simple acts of friendship like getting the coffee blend, going out for Chinese, etc. Very good setup for future parts.

I look forward to the continuation of this fic.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm enjoying this story. Can't wait to see how Lois and Clark end up together. Good job

Blogger
Blogger
I love this story...thank you.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I haven't been reading this story, and I don't have the time or the energy to go back and read it from the start, but when I saw the enthusiastic reviews that part 8 got, I decided to give part 8 a try. And it was really, really nice. For me, as a long-time 'Lois and Superman fan' (I mean, since 1969) I don't feel the pressing need to see Lois and Clark take everything very slowly. In other words, I don't need to see Lois being very bitchy and Clark extremely lunkheaded just so that they won't resolve their differences too soon. I very, very much appreciated the sweet Lois in this chapter - very Lois, but not bitchy. And Clark was adorable too, and Lois justifiably appreciated it - and responded to it.

Interesting explanation of how the space shuttle was sabotaged, although I personally was even more impressed at how Clark translated all those acronyms. For me as a Swede, the acronyms used in the English language are just too numerous and often impossible to understand.

I, too, liked reading Clark's 'mood piece' about the theatre that was going to be torn down!

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
It is actually a little bit different Lois...and a different Clark...in this story, I think that is why I love it. It really is worth going back to the start to see why...

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
M
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
Thanks for the feedback. Will post next part Friday. BTW, the premise of the story is to reverse their experience, where Clark is the one who's been burned in relationships, and Lois is less "gun shy" and open to being attracted to someone. Hopefully you'll get to read the first parts to learn how Clark had been burned in the past.

Max

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard