Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Jenni, I apologize for not leaving regular feedback. I've been disgustingly busy lately.

Anyway, I still love this story, and seeing Clark and Matt work together was wonderful.

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Oh good grief! Now who got killed or hurt? What a horrible person Thomas is. He acts as if the innocent people caught in the circle of his destruction don't matter at all -- just his hurt feelings.

I hope Clark and Matt bring him in quickly now -- and the Metropolis police need a big slapdown from the Planet about their jumping to conclusions. Because of their assumptions, the bomber went on to strike another day.

Hurry up with the next part, Jenni. I know how it is when you can barely squeeze in the time to write, or when the imagination isn't cooperative, but I'd really like to see Thomas caught, and I'd *really* like to see Clark prove to Jimmy that he's still the top notch reporter that he always was, no matter how good Jimmy thinks he is.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Gaaaahh!!! What a place to stop! Now we know that something bad happened at the old people's home, but we don't know who was at the receiving end of that bomb. Will that nice young nurse survive, I forget her name, so that she can at least inform the police that the chocolates that exploded had been given to Miss Bowen-Timmons?

What a horrible place that dump was that Clark and Matt visited. I can imagine the kind of food they served - and the poor people who ate it already live very unhealthy lives! Imagine eating that sort of food on a regular basis! And imagine trying to get along with people like the customers there, or that waiter, and at the same time being afraid of the police! Jenni, you really managed to convince me that life isn't fair!

And yet none of those customers there is the bomber. What's wrong with Thomas that he turned out so bad? I really wonder who his father is. Could the donator of Thomas's genes by any chance be Lex Luthor? Of course, Aunt Ina donated her own spot of badness too, or rather her and her sister's parents did, that's for sure!

I very much liked seeing Clark with Matt. It was very interesting to see how they observed one another. Clark marvelled at his son's optimism, and then he realized that he had that trait in spades himself, and Matt remarked on how Clark turned into 'Superman' inside that 'restaurant' (or whatever it was). And I loved how Matt asked Clark about how he felt seeing his son take over from where he himself should have been, and Clark gave Matt an almost perfectly honest answer.

I just loved this thought from the pimply youth:

Mumbling under his breath, the waiter retired to the end of the counter to read his comic. Now, if he'd been Iron Man, he could have given these two newcomers a fight they'd never forget!
rotflol

I wish you hadn't stopped there though, because now we really need to know what has happened at the home for old people and what is gong to happen around Thomas!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Jenni. I really like this inner struggle you have going on with Clark. It is so interesting to see him grapple with his emotions and his need to feel like he can still make a difference.

Wonderful as always

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right. I'd really thought they'd opened the box and just not taken out any chocolate.

That dive sure made me grateful I had already had finished breakfast by the time I got to this section of the story. /shudders/

Very... disturbing wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I loved the interaction with Matt and Clark. Clark is struggling but making progress in accepting and loving himself for exactly who he is at this moment in time.

This sentence had an ominous feel to it.

'It was ironic how things turned out. Though he hadn't planned it, the one man in Metropolis who seemed to have uncovered his vengeful trail was going to be involved, albeit indirectly, in the final showdown'

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loving this story!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Jenni, Sorry for the delay in posting fdk... no excuse really except being disorganised...

You really write your bad guy well. I hate him, which is exactly what I should be feeling. I am dreading and curious at the same time to see what damage has been done in the retirement home, and what Thomas has up his sleeve for his next grand outing... especially if it inadvertently involves Clark... hmmm.. smirk

I also love the father-son banter going on with Clark and Matt. There is a jealousy and pride in Clark for his son... which is an interesting conflict, as well as the fact Clark is still trying to be all that he can be even without the full range of powers. I feel like Clark is struggling to come to terms with the 'disability' he now has compared to where he was before... and seeing Matt doing what he used to be able to do is causing his feelings and emotions to clash with one another. It is such an interesting aspect of Clark for me because we rarely see Clark struggling with anything (except kryptonite or Lois).. and when he does struggle, it is a short term thing, where as here... Clark has to deal with a radical change in who he was and come to terms with what he has lost. The reality is, as much as we are seeing some of his powers return... he may never get back what he had, and he certainly won't loose the permanent scars he will have to live with the rest of his life.

It is nice to see Clark is making headway in his investigation... That goes hand in hand with the whole 'I can no longer be Superman' theme, because in order to heal, I think Clark needs to realise he doesn't HAVE to be Superman to be a good reporter and still fight for truth and justice. If he can succeed in regaining his confidence and edge as a reporter... then he CAN do almost anything.

As you can see... I find the story, and the characters in your story very compelling...

Keep it coming... please!

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Great fdk, and I'm sorry I can't post more often, but I have no buffer left, so I'm posting as I write.

I hope to have more inter-relationship stuff with Lois, but I'm trying to get my A-plot wrapped up ... and yes, you should be worried about Clark being involved indirectly, but I love a happy ending. wink

Yours Jenni

Blogger
Blogger
Hi Jenni,

I just discovered this story and having been such a big fan of the original story, was very excited to see it continue. Am loving the villian elements but of course, my favourite is always the L&C romantic stuff. I love this more mature relationship and of course the children's characters. Please keep it coming, can't wait to read the next instalment!

Frequent Flyer.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard