Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/peeks in, looking who Sara got.../

smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I just read it and it is darling! I love how you have Superman teaching Lois to cook. I got a chuckle out of her plan to speed up defrosting the turkey. So perfect!

Columnist
Columnist
The thing is, I can sympathize with Lois here. Although I'm aware of the turkey issue, I've had quite a few cooking faux pas in the past.

Great story, and I loved the different takes over the years.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, decided to read this before heading for bed. smile1

“Ah ha! A turkey... you’re going to eat your words Lucy...”
I thought Lois was looking for something easy?

as she remembered her sister’s warning.

“Just don’t try to cook anything Lois...”
*snicker*

She almost wished Clark hadn’t left for Smallville... she could at least have had him call his mother for her. Martha Kent was a wonderful cook. She smiled as she remembered the food she had had earlier that year during that fiasco in Smallville when Trask had shown up.
Ah, it’s Season One smile

That clerk had been so rude! He had the gall to suggest that she buy a pre-prepared meal after helping her find all her things just because she asked for a turkey with dressing inside it...
clap

*hugs* Sara. Thanks, the story had me with a waffy grin while reading jump

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Michael: I'm glad you liked it =) I'm also glad you seem to have had as much fun reading the first season part as I had writing it ^.^

You also managed to highlight the fact that I originally wrote 'Clark' instead of 'Superman' for the first part and replaced a Clark that shouldn't have been changed... blush

cp33: I'm glad you liked it, ^.^ If you haven't figured out from my other one-shots I like to think of explanations for how certain things happened that the show never explained =)

Beth: My most advanced cooking skill is risotto... cause you have to watch it instead of just boil and stir like pasta... so I'm almost on par with Lois... but my mother is really in to cooking so I know enough from watching her, and from some basic knowledge of how cooking works chemically, to know when some things are a bad idea ~.^

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, I didn't know I was doing it all wrong - I did buy a frozen turkey one year and just popped it straight into the oven (low heat). It took about ten hours. Dinner was a lot later than I had intended, but the turkey did get thoroughly cooked!

After that I made sure to thaw my turkeys first.

A great fic! Showing the relationship over three years time. The romance... *sighs*...

Very sweet, and fun to read.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Very sweet. We also go from seeing Lois alone to seeing her surrounded by family.

Elisabeth

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lieta:
You also managed to highlight the fact that I originally wrote 'Clark' instead of 'Superman' for the first part and replaced a Clark that shouldn't have been changed... blush
blush And here I thought I had found all of my original wonderings about S1 or S3 and why Lois would know once I figured out it should have read Clark blush

Oh, and I certainly liked all of them, it's just, the S1 had the most surprised blush

Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this but how did you write this so fast? I can barely write my own name in the time you produced this wonderful piece.

You have truly started out by setting the bar very high. clap
Bob

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
IolantheAlias: Done right defrosting with an oven or even a microwave is fine... I just pictured Lois using too much heat ~.^ that feels like it would be... soggy turkey... or that some other effect of the ice melting too fast would do some interesting things... maybe I should buy a little chicken and try it!

Elisabeth: I'm glad you liked it =)

Michael: I was just noticing that, lol, originally I referred to him as Clark unless Lois was thinking about him throughout the whole piece... but I changed that as a nod to the fact that he was there in the suit by using Word's handy Find and Replace... so I replaced one too many, lol

Bob: I got the request... and sat down and wrote for about 3 hours straight... my muse bit so I was limited only by how fast I could type and looking up some of the lines from the ends of Season's Greedings and Home is Where the Hurt Is... believe me on Coin I've had a week where I wrote almost nothing... and I've been writing it only 2 months...

Sara "Lieta"
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Loved Superman teaching Lois to cook, and it would explain the next year's Christmas spread. wink

Cute fic.

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, this was so sweet. I loved it. And it reminded me of a couple of years ago when "The turkey is on!" was a minor running joke on the board. :p

What was that about the misread recipe at the bottom? Did I miss something?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Thank you both, =)

And for the recipe... I was trying to have Lois read "butt end smoked ham" and read it as looking like an actual pig's rear end instead of just a piece of meat. Hence:

a smoked ham... butt? Ew... never mind...

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! that was just so adorable! smile All nice and waffy and... :happy sigh: smile

Well done! And thanks for sharing! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard