Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I love the story and the concept that Clark has a local family (a twin no less) to back him up. Maybe he’ll be a bit more assertive and/or self-confident when interacting with Lois. (I think I see that already.)

I am trying to figure Lois out. The mix of what she shows most of the time vs. what she has let Clark see those few times is intriguing. I’m having a hard time figuring out just where she’s coming from.

If I were Clark, as much as I may like my twin I would have told him in no uncertain terms to “Get out of my head!” a lone time ago. Jay’s constant presence would seem to be very distracting.

Bob

Columnist
Columnist
Great story so far!

The person I'm most curious about it Lois. I want to know more about her history. When do we get to see that?

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Bob: I'm glad this concept is intriguing... I'm also having fun with how I've developed each twin's personality and then playing them off each other. And yes, Clark *knowing* that a 'normal life' is possible and not being biologically isolated (science nerd emerging I guess...) are important differences between my Clark and canon Clark... As for Lois... I've altered her character based on how I see one event affecting her... as for what that event is... I will say you'll find out before I leave Pilot's events. And yes, Clark doesn't always like his twin's intrusions... but CJ doesn't mind his own business well...

Beth: I'm glad this Lois is intriguing... most of the parts where she's acted different so far were actually written last week... after I had written ~3/4 of the story and went back to buff up my Pilot (originally I was playing with keeping CJ as a 'Jimminy Cricket' until much later... but that ended up too awkward) and I hadn't written anything fictional since early high school... so the beginning was pretty stilted... as for what altered her character... it's in 'Pilot's' plot-line as I said above =)

Sara "Lieta"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sara,
This story is so much fun! I just read parts 3 and 4 and am totally delighted. smile

I am amazed that even with all the internal dialogues going on, Clark and his twin still manage to hold normal conversations at the same time! LOL Guess it took years of practice. <g>

I like the idea of Jay being married to Rachel. Now did all three move to Metropolis at the same time? And I assume that only Clark did the world traveler tour while Jay finished his studies/research?

The Lois and Clark interaction is great. They work so well together when Lois isn't as bossy. laugh

Looking forward to Friday,

Natascha

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I'm finding this premise interesting as well. Great addition of having Clark be a twin rather than him facing the world alone.

Looking forward to reading the rest.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Natascha: Yes CJ remained in the States all his life, part 11 is almost totally devoted to his and Rachel's history. But here are some minor details: CJ and Clark were always telepathic... so even before they could talk they were communicating telepathically. It becomes their first 'power' once they realize that it wasn't normal. They met Rachel when they started school and became good friends. Rachel found out about them when they were still only ten. She and CJ started dating in high school and got married after CJ got his bachelor's. Clark's history is basically the same as the canon... and that is also the source of CJ's eavesdropping... Clark shared the world with him =)

Crazy_Babe: I'm glad I seem to be doing justice to what I find and interesting premise =)

There are still three big surprises in Pilot... I can't wait to see what people think of them devil

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved it. The two sides of Lois are really cute.

So did not see the mouthjacking come laugh

Now, I just hope Jay will learn to stay out of Clark's mind once Clark and Lois get cozy laugh Otherwise, Rachel might be a tad spider

Oh, and great to see Ma & Pa Kent are alive and kicking. So, did they adopt Rachel, too, since Clark calls her his sister?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Michael: Clark views Rachel as a sister.. he's known her as long as he can remember and she's his twin's wife. You'll meet Rachel's family later =)

And, as CJ will mention, CJ expects Clark to not interrupt him and his wife, so he will afford the same courtesy to his twin ~.^ He is also... preoccupied some evenings, angel-devil

Sara "Lieta"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah yes smile

Another thought on interference: Are Clark and Jay also empathic, as in, do they sense each other's emotions, probably just passively and without even realizing it? And is Jay as even tempered as Clark? Otherwise, Clark might get cranky without any apparent reason laugh Or stuff wink

Michael

PS: Yeah, I do have a soft spot for Teeps blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
The way I picture it they can feel each other's distress... unless one intentionally blocks out the other... which will come in to play later... and they can share senses (to the point of high-jacking as CJ demonstrated)... in my first 'draft' Rachel and CJ became secondary characters more than I liked, so as I'm chopping that up into ~2.5k word posts I'm adding more of them to it so they don't fade away like they have where I am at the moment. Currently I need to start adapting Ides of Metropolis...

Some of the neatest moments I've had are where I have CJ say something to Clark telepathically and the reaction fits with what is in the episode... also watch Lois closely =P

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard