C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Sunday, after 3pm ET [believe me, you'd rather I stop there for 36 hours or so than at the end of 99 wink ]

Previews

Chapter 98
~*~Clark~*~

Lois wore the same dress she'd worn to Billy and Serena's wedding. She looked great, as she always did when she dressed up.

I sighed as she straightened my tie for me – again. I could never get it right, but she always did after only a few seconds. "I wish I could figure out how to do that myself."

She smiled at me. "Well, I guess it gives you a reason to keep me around. At least for now."
Chapter 99
~*~Lois~*~

"Kryptonite," I said quietly.

"What?"

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I love how you fixed Christmas... go Sam!

And I have high hopes for the cruise doing something for them... no matter how small...

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm really glad that Lois told Clark how she is feeling and what is bothering her. Well, she didn't tell him *everything*. She didn't tell him that she wants him to love her. But I must agree with Sara K M that love can't be forced, and Clark can't love Lois just because she wants him to. But it is a very good thing if he understands her feelings a bit better. I don't think he has understood what a big deal it is for her that he will be leaving her. I'm not sure that he understood it even after her speech to him, but maybe it will sink in gradually. And Clark really did think rather long and hard about himself, Christopher, Lana and Lois, and that sort of pondering can only be a good thing!

I, too, was so glad that Martha and Jonathan came to Metropolis! They care about Lois at least as much as Clark does, I think.

The gifts... I don't blame Lois for feeling a bit doubtful about a gift that has to do with her future as a reporter. I do hope that she will be able to have a career eventually. It just doesn't strike me as really right that Lois should be a long-term stay-at-home wife and mother. But right now, a life as a reporter may seem very far away from her.

But Lois and Clark are going on a cruise. That's good... I think! I'm not absolutely sure after those previews, particularly the preview of chapter 99. Lois is talking about Kryptonite? Who is she talking to? Is it Clark? Then why does she know about the Kryptonite when he doesn't? Don't tell me...she can feel her own baby's pain inside her abdomen???? shock shock shock shock

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Carol, I'm very glad they both decided to get each other something for Christmas and that they chose nice things. I'm glad Clark noticed that Lois really wanted him to accept it and had sense enough to say he'd love to go on the cruise with her.

I should have expected that the depression would flare up again. <sigh> So much for this Lois ever dangling over the jaws of death in pursuit of criminals as an investigative reporter. She doesn't bounce back emotionally the way Lois would have to. I'm sure she'll do well writing about business developments instead of investigating.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, you just sihed out a new form of angst. WAFFy angst smile1 Would allow her to focus on the important things and force her to tell Clark.

BTW, did he really consider Lois wanting a conventional marriage hyper

Michael, who now has to wait almost two days mecry

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I sighed as she straightened my tie for me – again. I could never get it right,
Just goes with this Clark's level of incompetence.

Lois is getting deeper and deeper and this Clark is still a selfish boor. He will fit in real well with Lord Nor and the rest.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The Story of the Sam Who Saved Christmas...

What a relief that was! I enjoyed Clark's ruminations. At least he was trying to be honest with himself and it wasn't *all* about Lana. Maybe he's really starting to let go of the teenage love affair. I would like to see him truly consider what Lana said about not raising another man's child. He should have reinforced that Christopher was his when she told him she didn't believe him, but he didn't. I think he needs to think long and hard about her attitude and if he really would want his son(s) subjected to someone who hated their mother. The Lana we were introduced to in the early chapters impressed him with her love for children... He *has* to see that she is no longer the same person.

I also am glad that Lois finally cracked a little. Her hard-nosed cold shoulder was taking her in the wrong direction. I was grimacing every time she asked Clark another question. She kept pressing for the answer she *really* didn't want to hear, and I was afraid of what that would do to her if she finally heard it. I'm with Michael--Clark needs to find flannel sexy.

Back to Lois, I really want her to slip up and confess her feelings for Clark. With my luck, she'll probably end up spilling that type of juicy stuff to Dr. Friskin, but I would love for Clark to have one more bee in his bonnet. Would that fix anything? Of course not, but wouldn't that be a fun tangled web? She's muttered some stuff that he couldn't quite make out... it's only a matter of time before she says something that requires the "Insert Foot in Mouth" diagram.

I hope the cruise leads to some fun moments between the two of them. We've had laughter, but it's mostly been for things external to their friendship/relationship: about Christopher, with Sam, with others, etc.

Here's to more tie fixin'!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard