Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Mmmmmm.... nutella..... an italian ice cream place near my apartment makes nutella/penut butter gelato.... *stops drooling*

Anyway, I feel bad for Rachel cause it seems like she might suspect the truth about Clark... and sees it as a reason (among others) why he wouldn't be happy in Smallville... and she's not sure she'd be happy anywhere else...

Otherwise, Lois was adorable! =P

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah! I was giggling at how Lois was in awe of Nutella. As if it was such a novelty, too. Nutella's been around for.. I don't know... okay, I didn't know about it when I was a *kid* kid, back in the sixties, but I've definitely had it since the early eighties... I've grown a bit tired of it in recent years, to tell the truth!

But it's really funny to see Lois's reaction to Nutella, much like her reaction to sushi, as a reminder that this story takes place in the early to mid nineties in the United States. I don't think I had necessarily had sushi in the early to mid nineties, or, for that matter, that I really knew it existed back then.

I loved seeing Lois and Rachel explore Metropolis. I would have been really interested in St. Jospeh's church. Last summer I visited a lot of churches here in Skåne, in the southernmost part of Sweden. I loved the medieval churches with their phantasmagoric wood carvings by far the best! smile

I really like Rachel, too. I don't think I have it in me to like Lana, which is why I can't stand watching Smallville on TV, but Rachel is a completely different sort of person. Now that Lois is happy with Chad, I find myself really wishing that Clark will find happiness with Rachel.

And that kite flying contest sounds really neat! How about a Superman kite?

“Well, you could also ask Superman to take you,” Rachel said and the rest of us all seemed to hold our breath. “Just a joke, guys. Geez!”
I almost choked, too! Geeez! But it's really high time for Clark to tell Rachel that he is the Man of Steel.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Nice part, and finally we see where the title is coming from. So, Rachel considers breaking up with Clark. Fine with me - but what about Lois? cool

I loved the story about Nutella. Lois' reaction so reminded me of my daughter. Right now, at five years, she's in the stage where she takes every opportunity to get several spoonfuls of Nutella whenever nobody is watching the glass. (Which I certainly don't think is a good idea because that stuff mainly consists of fat, sugar and some chocolaty stuff. Never found any hazelnuts in there, though. wink ) I also found it rather funny that Rachel managed to get Lois into a store to buy something grocery-like. That's so un-Lois-like. :p

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I'm sorry this sweetness and light Lois Lane seems to only have the name in common with ANY other Lois Lane.

I rather expect that any minute she will be telling Perry she is pregnant and going to take a few years off to deal with the formative years of her child and maybe write her novel.

The story will have to pick up 20 years later when Richard, sorry Chad, has died of a natural cause Superman could not prevent or cure, some form of cancer perhaps?

Remind me, has nightfall happen yet? Because clearly the only breaking up in this tale is either
  • Nightfall or
  • Clark & Rachel

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Sorry, my time online has been extraordinarily limited recently. I only got on for a few minutes on Thursday to post and didn't get online last night at all.

Lieta - One of my clearest memories of a month long trip we took to Italy about five years ago was a small town (sadly I can't recall which one) which made a Nutella/hazelnut gelato. Nutella gelato was pretty common - similar to fudge swirl here, but this one had pieces of hazelnut in it as well. It was so good! So, I can understand your feelings towards nutella/peanut butter gelato, but I'm jealous that it's so close by to where you live!

Ann - I suspected people outside the US might have felt that way about the Nutella reference. I'd need others to tell me if my experience was unique, but I "discovered" Nutella in the mid-nineties and only as my then boyfriend (now husband) had spent a summer in Germany in high school so had had it there. Presumably other people did know about it, as we could get it in the supermarket even then, and I don't imagine that would be possible if there weren't that many buyers, but it certainly isn't common here in the same way as Europe.

My first trip to Europe was the trip to Italy mentioned above and we spent a fair amount of time in supermarkets as we cooked for ourselves when we could. I remember being amazed at how many different brands of chocolate/hazelnut spread there were. It is really like peanut butter here in States and by the same token, Nutella has no competitors here, which implies it can't be that popular even now.

Yeah, I really wish I could remember where the church I modeled St. Joseph's after was so I could find a picture, but I can't decide if it's something I saw recently (and then was probably in Asia) or a few years ago when we took a driving trip through part of England. I think it's the latter, but I don't even remember all the places we stopped. I was there for work, and so we had to go certain places, but on the drives would stop and site-see anyplace we thought would be interesting. So, this could even be some unknown church in some small British town that we passed and decided to stop and see. Unfortunately, my husband's memory is awful so he'd be no help with this.

I have to say, I don't have the strong dislike for Lana that others do, but that is partly why I chose Rachel as Clark's girlfriend here - I think lots of people have less hostile feelings for her. Plus, she's less developed in people's minds, which meant I had a lot more leeway in making her up into the type of person I wanted Clark to be with.

I agree. Clark needs to tell Rachel. But he's still Clark here and so has this irrational fear about her reaction. I promise, we'll know what her reaction is long before the story is over, though.

Lara - What about Lois what? laugh The story is far from over and in reality, we're pretty far from anything that resembles a break up.

I agree, looking at the ingredients for Nutella makes me think it's not very healthy, but that doesn't change the fact that it tastes good, does it? (Although I think it's best in small quantities - writing this chapter gave me a craving for some, so I had a spoonful and it was too much for me.)

I agree, this Lois, too, isn't much of a grocery-store shopper. But for chocolate...

Patrick - I'm of two minds about your post. In some ways, I don't think all this Lois has in common with others is a name. But I do agree I can see this Lois taking time off of work for a baby. Although, not that long. I see her happily taking off for a few months, but not for several years.

I guess this Lois is more like canon-Lois of the later seasons than season one. Her life is not defined solely by her job. It is still an important part of her identity, but it's not all that she sees herself as.

As for Nightfall - no, it hasn't happened yet. But so far, I'm on chapter 26 of what I expect to be a 32 or 33 chapter story, and I've managed to not include an A-plot at all, I think, so I wouldn't suggest you wait for Nightfall to appear.

Michael - I should have thought of adding this to a later part of the story, but I didn't. As mentioned above, writing this part made me crave Nutella and I somehow convinced my husband to make me Nutella crepes. Given Lois and Chad's relationship, where he does all the cooking, and the fact that since I'm not a chocoholic, I imagine Lois would like Nutella more than me, I can imagine her asking Chad for them fairly frequently.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by anonpip:
Given Lois and Chad's relationship, where he does all the cooking, and the fact that since I'm not a chocoholic, I imagine Lois would like Nutella more than me, I can imagine her asking Chad for them fairly frequently.
*snicker*

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by anonpip:
As for Nightfall - no, it hasn't happened yet. But so far, I'm on chapter 26 of what I expect to be a 32 or 33 chapter story, and I've managed to not include an A-plot at all, I think, so I wouldn't suggest you wait for Nightfall to appear.
In that case the only breaking up, for which I see ground work being laid, is Rachel and Clark.

Clearly this tale will end with Chad and Lois still together and Clark alone in the cold.

However if you end it with a single line about a man in a bowler hat approaching Lois or Clark....
wildguy wildguy

No I take that back. You have repeatedly had Chad want to study Clark. If he abandons his ethics and joins with Bureau 39 types I can see Lois rejecting him. For that matter I could see him falling under the influence of Mindy Church.

You did show him as the type of guy who is quick to distrust so I could see him deciding
  • Lois is cheating on him with Clark, after Clark and Rachel are done,
  • even believing Lois was the reason Clark dumped Rachel which could be true, and
  • then teaming up with the forces of evil.

Framework4
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
As always Patrick, you have me imagining my story going in completely different ways than intended.

No comment on how many, if any, of these are on track... wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard