carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here!

Next scheduled post:
Friday, Chapters 94 and 95, 10am-noon ET

Scheduling note: It's possible I won't be able to post on Saturday. We're leaving around 10am ET [but I'm not on ET wink ] and I don't know when we're going to be home - and since it's a 3h trip each way, I'll have planning/packing to do more than if it's just a trip across town, you know? And my sister is riding with me on the way there and I don't know what time she'll be here. I'm going to try to post before we leave and if I can't post that evening, but I can't promise at this point. Christmas with family you know...

Previews

Chapter 94
~*~Lois~*~

Tears filled my eyes and I turned to head for the stairs.

"What is it?" Clark called after me.

"What is what?" I called back, not stopping.

"What's wrong?"

I stopped, one hand on the banister. "What makes you think something's wrong?"

"Because something is," he said, right behind me this time. His hand rested on my shoulder.
Chapter 95
~*~Clark~*~

I pulled up near the entrance to our side of the house, zipping to her side of the car. There was a little bit of ice on the ground still and I wanted to make sure she didn't slip.

"I'm a grown woman, Clark," she said, more than a bit frustrated as she half-yanked her arm away from me.

The movement caused her to slip...
Thank you!
Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
So Clark spilled the beans to Lana... again... *bangs head into table* and now Lois is even more defensive towards him... and now the Christmas fiasco discussions... why wouldn't Martha and Jonathan say that his place is with his wife?

And finally.... *evil* *EVIL* previews...

Sara "Lieta"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
So I have exams starting this week and papers and am completely addicted to this!!!! What am I supposed to do?
And I must say this last post was just evil, and I don't know if I can take this anymore, my heart is breaking and there's nothing I can do!! I think I am babbling incoherently, but I hate Lana and I hate that Clark is an idiot and Lois is being quiet and G-d!!!!!!!!! sigh, do you have any idea how many more posts are left for the story? This hanging on the edge is getting to me....

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ouch! I never saw that coming! Carol, you really keep me on my toes, you know!

So Clark had to run into Lana and the boyscout he is had to tell her about the baby, today of all days without thinking about the consequences. I know he meant well but he really needs to mature some. wink

And first you have Lana tell him that she is in fact still waiting for him to free again. Oh no! Now he will be even more hopeful... But she made it clear she won't be a stepmom to his and Lois's children. In a way that is good. <g>

Well, at least Lois and Clark were talking to each other but I hate the distance, the coolness, the not telling what they really feel part. Though I doubt Clark knows what his feels... So Christmas apart it is. Shucks...

Gotta love Martha! And Jonathan never shys *or hsould it be shies?) away from asking the most uncomfortable questions. At least it gives Clark something to think about.

I don't like the second preview at all. Slipping ont he ice while pregnant is definitely not good. And if something were to happen with the baby, I am sure Lois would blame Clark and that might be the end of it.

I won't be able to check the boards again until Sunday afternoon German time because my host father from the US is visiting me this weekend while he is in Germany with the National Guard. I am so excited to be seeing him tomorrow!!!! :boogie:

Just finished reading these two chapters and am already waiting eagerly to see what happens next! Did you put a spell on us??

Natascha

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

The second preview doesn't scare me. Clark's there. He'll catch her. And you told us day before yesterday there won't be a miscarriage, so nothing bad will happen to Clarkette.

Why is Clark back to not assuming Chris is his son. I mean, come on. Looks like him and has the same mole. help spider

PS: Thanks for explaining the tattoo smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Uh-oh, so what is it gonna be? Will Clark catch Lois? And if so, who's watching? Sam? Jessica? Or, worst-case scenario, Lana? eek Okay, not quite wcs, because that would be a miscarriage, but still... Carol, this is mean.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Grrrr.

Christmas apart, *especially* where Christopher is with Clark worries me. A lot. I think in Passive-Aggressive Land, Clark was supposed to know not to accept that offer.

Preview #1 looks like a step forward, but by the time Preview #2 rolls around, it looks like they've taken a few steps back (pre-ice slip). It's starting to feel like we'll never get to the top of this mountain and that we should put a pin in right here and quit. sad Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? Where is the silver lining? Where is the part where Clark finally lets Lana go? When do they kiss again? When do we get more cuddling?

Fix it, Carol!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You really enjoy torturing me, don't you.

jkl;eajf;eja; that's all I really have to say, and on top of that, I'm a little irritated that Clark and Jonathan are bitter. I'm not irritated at Jonathan because he doesn't know the truth, and I can't decide if I should be irritated at Clark for not giving him some version of the truth. I.E. "You know what, Dad? I don't love her." I know, I'm being my cold, heartless self, but cheese and rice, his parents are so duped LOL. And that suddenly makes me wonder if this is going to bite Clark in the ass sometime only because he normally has an open relationship with his parents. And they might actually be able to give him advice on his crappy marriage if they knew how crappy it was...anyway, I've launched into the deep end now, soooo I guess I'll go work or something.

And thanks for the heads up! Gonna save Fridays posts for later in case there's no Sat. update. goofy goofy

Great parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois why do you tell him you love him. Stop being mean and hateful now. It sound like you colder than ice. I almost cried in reading both parts. Clark stop telling miss Lana Thang every freaking thing!!!!!! mad frown mecry mecry
Thank you Carol for sending me into an early heart attack!!!!! Hope you come vist me in the next parts.

BTW I'm nervous about the next parts sad

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I have to say I can understand the circumstances, but I really can't believe they agreed to spend Christmas apart!

And I really feel sorry for Lana. I'm not surprised things didn't work out with Tim. Like I said, she got together with him because she was on the rebound and she wanted to take revenge on Clark.
I can understand why she still loves Clark. And I can understand why you think she needs to be "free", so Clark won't be forced, Carol. I do agree that it makes a better story.

But I really WISH she would move on. Not just for Clark's sake, but for her sake. She's still in love with Clark, holding out for him.

What's going to happen in (three years, now.)? Is she going to have to watch Clark choose Lois? Why does she have to be put throught such torment?
(Not that I'm trying to say I want Clark and Lana together, mind you. I'm just saying Lana is a person, too. She shouldn't get ALL the raw ends, here.)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
My, my, Carol, you are a wonder. You have (in no particular order) generated a nuclear mushroom cloud, "cheese and rice," headbanging, a note from Passive-Aggressive land, sympathy for Lana, babbling addiction, an "ouch," and generalized unfocused angst among your readers. Wish I could be so productive.

I think there's a Clark breakthrough on the horizon. Why else would be have his hand on Lois' shoulder, insisting that there's something wrong when she says there isn't? And that ice patch? No way he's letting her fall! Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me, L&C master!* This is some kind of setup to reveal just how fast and how strong Clark is to someone. Maybe to Lana? Who will maybe put some pieces together and figure out somebody's secret? And who will completely reject Clark now and forever because he's too "weird?" And who will get a tongue-lashing from Clark (the bad kind, not the kissy kind) about keeping her mouth shut this time? And who has recently been told by Clark that he plans to stay married to Lois as long as she'll have him because he loves Lois and not Lana, and that's why she's hanging around?

Maybe not. Whatever happens, I'll open each post with worms on my tongue.**

*(master = non-gender specific rank of the highest order)
**(bated [baited] breath)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:

Whatever happens, I'll open each post with worms on my tongue.**
May I borrow that? I think that might become a favorite phrase...

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
mecry mecry mecry

Be thankful that I don't a chunk of Kryptonite with me, Clark, because you don't want to know what I would do with it!!!! mad

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, I can't help but wonder: Where does Lana keep the red kryptonite? Is it in an earring? In a ring? In her lipgloss? Or - wait! - she's red K incarnate...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gahhhh!!!! Clark's brain just stops working whenever Lana's around and he messes everything up. mad They had problems because he couldn't keep his mouth shut the first time, though he had agreed to keep it a secret. Now, he couldn't keep that damn mouth shut and spilled the beans to Cruella again. dizzy

And don't expect me to play step-mommy to a son that isn't even yours."

"I told you I lied about that." I didn't look at her as I spoke.

"The more I thought about it, the more I didn't believe what you said in Illinois.
It's obvious she doesn't believe Christopher is Clark's son. I still think she could have been the one to call the press. Even Jack suspected Clark was the father, even though he knew the whole story. There aren't many people who would say Clark isn't Christopher's father. Even Stupid!Clark had admitted the paternity (before he got to meet Cruella with her K-perfume and had his brain melted). [Linked Image]

"Regardless, you certainly didn't seem like a virgin that night." Something else that had come flooding to me after our night together. I'd taken that from him, too.

Unless, of course, Christopher actually was his son.

He shrugged. "Well, I was."
Argh!!!! And what about the night at the cabin? I don't understand how they can say one thing on a chapter and erase it in the next. They already talked about the cabin, about their memories from that night... and now they talked as if nothing happened there(!) dizzy I don't get it! It's frustrating!!! [Linked Image]

A silver lining, please! I can't take another pregnancy with them fighting and Lana haunting their every step. grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/sigh/

I was afraid of some of that. This stuff was written a long time ago - when the confrontation/discussion about whether or not Clark was Christopher's dad wasn't supposed to take place until later instead of before this. I stared at this for a long time and I just couldn't quite put my finger on what I needed to change so I went ahead and posted knowing it wasn't quite right.

I'll go back and work on it before too long though I'm not sure if I'll get to it today or not.

Hope to get the next two posted in the hour or so...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard