Previews

Chapter 92
~*~Clark~*~

I didn't understand women.

That's all there was to it.
Chapter 93
~*~Lois~*~

I didn't.

I didn't care if he saw Lana or even if he went for a literal roll in the hay with her as long as he didn't get her pregnant and put my son's life in danger.

I didn't.
Not real happy with either one of those but that's what we got wink .

Thanks.
Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
We needed to talk. I knew that. Things were a bit better since the interviews with Perry, but we needed to figure some things out about our relationship.

Clark had been attentive when we were in front of others who knew I was pregnant and pretty normal in front of other people, but we still weren't really speaking much in private. It wasn’t nearly as bad as it had been before our last anniversary – or even between Pop Pop's funeral and Daddy's heart attack – but it still wasn't *good*.
Lois still doesn't trust Clark long-term, and I really don't blame her. He hasn't done much of anything to reassure her that he's not planning to divorce her after the five years are up. Of course, he hasn't quite come to that decision himself yet, although I think he will once he cogitates on it a bit more.

As for Clark not understanding women, isn't that a universal male trait? I've been married to my wife for more than thirty years, and I still shake my head in wide-eyed amazement on a fairly regular basis.

Lois' attempt to convince herself that she doesn't care what Clark does with Lana is hollow bravado. If he were to so much as make Lana smile by telling her a humorous anecdote about Christopher with seventeen people around who'd swear in court that nothing was going on, Lois would still bitterly resent it. Her heart belongs to Clark, and he hasn't accepted it from her, nor has he give his heart back to her. Doesn't matter how good the sex is, Clarkie, that's not the organ she's most interested in.

Is it Thursday yet? No? Drat!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I just wish that Lois wouldn't dig her own holes and then blame Clark when she fell in them. She sends off don't-touch-me vibes and then blames Clark when he doesn't touch her. Similarly she gives him the cold shoulder and blames Clark when he doesn't talk to her. I don't mind her sending off signals--we all do it--but she needs to learn to be honest about it. Also, it's high time that Clark beligerantly didn't give Lois what she asks for when she silently says don't touch me; don't talk to me.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Well, thanks for confirming it.

On a different note: Clark has now confirmed it that he's more stupid then a rock from Krypton. I mean, come on, first he makes love with his wife (and even admits it later to himself) and then he runs like it was a ONS. Which is okay. Really. He panicked. I get it.

But: Then he comes home and finds he's sleeping in the doghouse. And what does he do? Nothing. How stupid can you get? First, he needs to go shopping: Flowers, chocolate, and since he's suspecting pregnancy as well, some sweet little jewelry. And to top it off, some lingerie. All these things need to be placed on Lois' bedside table together with a handwritten apology. Then he can sleep on the couch for the rest of the night. But that's it. One night. And only because she's already sleeping and waking her wouldn't be nice.

And now he has an internship at the Planet? Poor Perry. At least he has Lois to help Clark eat, tie his shoes, go potty, and occasionally breathe probably.

But aside from the biggest lunkheaded rock from Krypton this part was so awesome.

/begs for before 9am.

Michael

PS:
Originally posted by carolm:
[b]Previews

Chapter 92
~*~Clark~*~

I didn't understand women.

That's all there was to it.
[/b]
Duh!

PPS: And now I'm really scared that the hammer is going to fall big time. I mean, after three parts like this? This is going to be so bad...

PPS: I just remembered from way back when? Why is Chris circumcised?

PPPS: And how did Clark get a tattoo?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! Again. <g>
So Lois is pregnant again and not in the least upset about it. That's good. smile And Clark doesn't seem upset either even though he has thought about what that would mean for his possible (but less likely by the second) future with Lana. I still don't know why he still thinks they would end up back together!? Beats me. confused

Yeah, he is a lunkhead and this whole not talking business is still driving me crazy. I too tend to bottle things up but two years? Come one! One of them is going to explode any time soon! laugh You know I wouldn't mind a little scene like the one from JSN. Shouting at each other how they know nothing about each other and finally revealing their feelings for each other. I love that scene! We could all use some honesty here (and that great kiss blush )...

Come one Clark, take her flying. Go celebrate and stop thinking about Lana from now on! Live your life and stop wishing it was different. In all honesty, your life really ain't bad.

Congratulations to both for getting hte internship at the Planet. It's about time. I do think the Lois in this story won't be the same driven investigative reporter like the Lois from the show. But I am looking forward to seeing who she will become. I have no doubt she will succeed in her job while being a great mom to her kids. And Clark will too. But it would be so much better and easier if they were for once working together...

Natascha

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just wish that Lois wouldn't dig her own holes and then blame Clark when she fell in them. She sends off don't-touch-me vibes and then blames Clark when he doesn't touch her. Similarly she gives him the cold shoulder and blames Clark when he doesn't talk to her.
I agree with Elisabeth here. This smacks too much of the terrible games that some women play: "I know I said 'yes,' but couldn't you tell I really meant 'no'?" However, I disagree with Elisabeth here, at least in part:
Also, it's high time that Clark beligerantly didn't give Lois what she asks for when she silently says don't touch me; don't talk to me.
For at least a generation, we have tried to train men that a woman's "no" means no. He can't just ignore her "no, don't touch me" when he isn't privy to her thoughts. However, he does need to talk to her even when she's shutting him out, at least by telling her how he feels or what he's thinking.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by sheilah:
I just wish that Lois wouldn't dig her own holes and then blame Clark when she fell in them. She sends off don't-touch-me vibes and then blames Clark when he doesn't touch her. Similarly she gives him the cold shoulder and blames Clark when he doesn't talk to her.
I agree with Elisabeth here. This smacks too much of the terrible games that some women play: "I know I said 'yes,' but couldn't you tell I really meant 'no'?"
/sends Clark the DVD "What Planet Are You From"

laugh Michael

PS: Maybe so, but pop-culture should have taught him this by now. After all, it's a classic and Hollywood sure tries to make one believe it's the normal communication-pattern between man and woman huh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At some point I expect older Clark to tell teenage Clark to take a flying leap into a green crystal pit if he brings up Lana again.

Clark needs to be more open about how he feels, verbally.

He needs to convice Lois that there is no way he is going to leave her...Of course he needs to find that out for himself first.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just can't handle the lunkheadness! By both of them! Okay, let me backtrack for a minute. I think the new baby is cool, so I'm excited about that, and I'm *hoping* this will give them in which something to work together and maybe even open up the Box O' Conversations. Hopes and dreams...But anyway they're both just being stupid about a lot of things right now. RAFO. goofy

Great parts!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So Lois is pregnaut. I have to say I didn't expect that one. But I probably should have.

I'm glad Lois acknowledges they need to talk.

As far as Clark and Lana, I REALLY don't think Clark believes Lana will take him back. (I've said this before.) Clark acknowledges the chances are very slim. And even slimmer because he's having another child with Lois. That's probably where this conversation came from their first anniversairy as well.
Are you and Lana planning on having kids?" I asked, not looking at him.

He nodded. "We had been," he said slowly. "But I hadn't told her all of this yet. It's possible that we would have decided that it wasn’t worth the risk or something."
It has been stated that is significant that Lois talks about a marriage which WILL happen with Clark and Lana, and Clark talks about a marriage that WOULD have happened.
Because he knows the chances that he will get back together with Lana are not high.

So why is he still hoping?

A couple of reasons.
First of a there is the "teenage Clark" comment that was in the last posting. It's TEENAGE Clark that wanted to be married to Lana.
Clark isn't a teenager anymore. And there is a part of him that excepts that.
But another part still wants to hold onto that "teenage dream" that he fantazied for so long before his life turned upside down.
(A lot of young adults still hold onto their "teenage dreams" even though a part of them realizes their not reastic.)

The other reason is because he may have feelings for Lois now, but I don't believe he's in love with her. And I think this is the "double-edged guilt" coming back again.
On one hand smile , Clark thinks he should be love with his wife, especially if he has a child with her, and is expecting another one. He's getting pressure from his parents that this is the "right thing."
On the other hand, he doesn't feel the same thing. And he's being careful not to pretend, or assume that it is love just because the circumstances assume it should be love.

I will say it again. YOU CAN'T FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY LOVE YOU.
And when you're in such as situation, you have to be careful that guilt does not allow you to make yourself believe it's love when it's not.
The consquence is often that you deny stronger feelings for a long time because you want to make sure the feelings are true. (I am speaking from exprience, people.)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmm, it's interesting to read people's responses. Some are so anti-Clark, and a few are so anti-Lois. And one is so pro-Clark. Thank you, Sara K M, you have explained to us so well why you so steadfastly defend Clark in this tale, and I'm glad you keep doing it! thumbsup

Well, since I'm the biggest Lois defender in the world, I have to defend her behaviour, of course. (But first, why am I the biggest Lois defender in the world? It's because I became a huge Superman fan back in 1969 when I first believed that Superman was in love with Lois, and I have needed him to confirm his love for Lois ever since. And with all the other girlfriends he has had over the years, and between movies like Superman II, Superman III and Superman Returns and TV shows like Smallville it has not been hard to believe that Superman will happily treat Lois thoughtlessly and cruelly and gladly have sex with other women!)

So, do I approve of Lois's behaviour in part 90 especially, when she barricaded herself behind all those pillows in her bed and put Clark's bedding on the couch? No. And do I approve of her silent treatment of him? No. And do I think she should shape up herself and talk to him about what bothers her? Yes. But do I think she is less to blame than Clark? Yes, because it is Clark who has been so set on going back to Lana in five years' time, no matter what. He really has given Lois a five year 'advent calendar' of divorce angst, where each day brings her closer to the day when he will leave her. And as for barricading herself behind all those pillows and sending Clark to the couch, look what happened when she told him that he couldn't have sex with her unless he made a long-term - beyond five year - commitment to her. He responded by kissing her, and she couldn't stop herself from giving in to his advances. And now she is pregnant again. And he still hasn't made a long-term commitment to her. If he keeps counting down to the day when he can leave her, or at least if she thinks that he is, then I don't blame her for trying to protect her heart by refusing him sex and intimacy. If the sex they had was half as good for her as it seemed to be for Clark, how much will it hurt when Clark just walks out on her if she allows herself to get used to their intimacy during their 'waiting period'?

And what if Clark takes their children with him, too? Remember that Lois was heartbroken when she saw that Chrisopher seemed to prefer Clark over her. I think she should normally be able to deal with that, but what if Clark actually walks out on her and literally takes Christopher away from her, because Christopher himself may want to go with Clark rather than stay with her?

And what if their new child is also going to want to go with Clark to Lana rather than stay with her?

In view of such possible future prospects, is it any wonder that Lois wants to protect herself and her heart as much as possible by maintaining the distance between herself and Clark and making herself less dependent on him?

But she should talk to him. Really, she should. I understand why she is giving him the cold shoulder and the silent treatment, but like Jenn said, it is past time for both of them to open the big bag of Conversations now!

Like Jenn, I'm happy about Lois's pregnancy. I do hope it will not be quite as hard physically on her as the first one was. And as for what things are going to be like between her and Clark during this new pregnancy, I loved what Lois thought to herself at the end of part 91:

I sighed and folded the paper carefully. I couldn't deal with another pregnancy like the last one. Physically, I wouldn't have much choice, but relationally...

That was a different story.
So true! Talk to him, Lois. You so don't want him to walk out on you. Fight for him, and I don't mean you should fight with Lana. 'Fight' with him. Make him see that you love him. Make him understand just who he is rejecting if he is walking out on you!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She's pregnant. Holy Sheep! (as opposed to Cow wink )

Man alive, none of us can take another emotional pregnancy like the last one. What I want these two kids to do is commit to the now. I don't think there is much Clark can do (right now, that is) that would convince Lois that he isn't putting their marriage on the advent calendar, but maybe if they could stop talking about the divorce, Lois can breathe a little. I totally understand her guarding her heart... and her side of the bed with Mt. Pillowmore, but she's a little fragile right now.

As for Clark, he decided to stop thinking about Lana only for it to be revealed that he'd been fantasizing about her. He's the one I want to live in the moment the most. I know he thinks that his teenage inner-self ruminations are harmless, but they're not. Not by a mile.

I want to go back to the talk of love languages for a minute. It appears that Lois touches, whereas Clark spends time. When she feels threatened, she totally removes the possibility of touch (i.e. with pillows). When Clark is upset, he removes himself from the situation (mentally and physically). While I don't think Clark needs to defy Lois when she tells him no, I think he needs to push the envelope at some point. And vice versa. Lois makes assumptions about Clark left and right, and when they do talk, she hears what she expects to hear. Maybe it's time for an intervention... Navance, anyone?

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Ok,Lois and Clark dont talk to each other and they have one kid(year one), they dont talk to each other some more and Lois gets pregnant again(year two), I see a trend- a kid a year, so- in five years of not talking to each other they will have five kids.I dont think Lana is going to like that very much.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just to clarify, Sheila, I was saying that Clark needs to engage when she's giving him the cold shoulder. I would never advocate for a man forcing himself onto a woman, although I did sound like I was saying that. But when she's sending out silent signals, I think he should choose to ignore them. A hand around a shoulder never hurt anyone.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry, Elisabeth, when I said I disagreed in part, I was picturing them in bed and Clark shoving the pillow out of the way, putting an arm around Lois's waist, and pulling her back against him despite her silently expressed wishes. So I was obviously visualizing worse than you intended.

I was remembering "Swear to God" and the vows L&C exchanged. One thing about those vows, they clearly showed what each loved about the other. From the script:

Clark to Lois: I love your humor; your passion. The way you dive right in... even when you shouldn't. Because you refuse to just watch the world. You demand that it be a better place, and because of you, it is.

Lois to Clark: You have such gentle grace; such quiet strength; but mostly, such incredible kindness. I've never known anyone with as selfless and pure a heart.

Obviously, the kids in this story haven't had a chance to develop into those mature people. But based on what they've learned about each other over the past 2 years, what would they say was lovely or loveable about each other? We want Clark to wise up and realize he loves Lois, so what should he love about her now?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sonia said:

I want to go back to the talk of love languages for a minute. It appears that Lois touches, whereas Clark spends time. When she feels threatened, she totally removes the possibility of touch (i.e. with pillows). When Clark is upset, he removes himself from the situation (mentally and physically).
Exactly!

And I agree with Sheilah that Lois needs to show Clark that he has good reasons to love her. I hope she can find the courage not to push him away in order to protect her heart.

Ann

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Okay, Clark officially has to stop planning on divorcing Lois now. Seriously. And I really feel like he's getting there (slowly but surely). There will be a point where he realizes that Lois and their children are his family and that he couldn't possibly leave them. Maybe it will come from them finally having a knock-down, drag-out conversation, perhaps over their anniversary trip to the cabin, but I'm more afraid that it will happen because Lois gets in a life-threatening situation and Clark realizes he can't live without her. But I would love for Lois to just open up and let him know how she feels, even though I completely understand why she doesn't.

Amber

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by SJH:
...in five years...they will have five kids.I dont think Lana is going to like that very much.
rotflol rotflol

Originally posted by sunrei:
As for Clark, he decided to stop thinking about Lana only for it to be revealed that he'd been fantasizing about her. He's the one I want to live in the moment the most. I know he thinks that his teenage inner-self ruminations are harmless, but they're not. Not by a mile.
A very good point! Can someone point this out to Clark? Perhaps in the context of a story he works on as an intern?
Matthew 5:28 New Jerusalem Bible But I say this to you, if a man looks at a woman lustfully, he has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matthew 5:28 Good News Bible: Today’s English Version But now I tell you: anyone who looks at a woman and wants to possess her is guilty of committing adultery with her in his heart.
I think the only thing that can save this relationship is for Clark to
  • Get tossed into another Superman/Clark Kent free 'Verse
  • The New Kryptonians to arrive and demand Clark return with them
  • Nightfall occur and Clark lose his memory and be free to express love and affection for Lois
  • Clark to face his denial and admit to himself he fell for Lois on first sight and picked her over Lana at each and every junction because of his feelings.

With both the New Kryptonians and AltVerse solutions Clark would be in a position to see who he really really misses. Even better if there is a Lana Lang but no Lois or Clark in the AltVerse!

I'd love to see the Nightfall solution. If only so I could see this byplay reworked for OTOH
Episode 1.13 "All Shook Up"
CLARK: "And we are friends, right?"
LOIS: "Sure we're friends."
CLARK: "Are we... more than friends?"
LOIS: "More than ... ? I told you. We're partners. We work closely together."
CLARK: "How close?"
LOIS:"Close. Not close, close, but close."

Framework4
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Quick note: Even though DD7 was up at 6am and that should, theoretically, give me plenty of time to post before I have to leave, I don't think I'm going to be able to. DH is watching the kids here which means I need to get a couple things done before 830am instead of 10pm and I also have to read/make PPT for today's class because I haven't read the chapter yet - believe it or not they left the Foreign Policy chapter out of the textbook and gave us a copy of it this semester and it's time to teach it and I haven't read it yet...

Will still *try* but it will probably be 1pm ET or so before I get posted...

Thanks for your patience smile .
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry
12 more minutes

mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry mecry

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard