Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol,

Okay, I have to confess that I was really being stubborn and not reading your story because I just could not handle another "Lois gets raped" story. But, I decided that since it was raining Sunday, all day, I'd give it a try. Well, it was all good, but then the "rape insinuation" was there. I was just going to throw in the towel, but something made me keep going. Then when Lois started getting symptoms of pregnancy, I about puked, because I couldn't bear another rape. But I read on.

I think it was the night of hypothermia at the cabin that ket me going. There was that cloudiness of a dream that they both had that made me think that maybe Clark had gotten to her in time at the frat party and that she was indeed pregnant with a half Kryptonian baby. WHy else would she have such backward symptoms, and so soon? So I went with it.

Then, the mad man in Europe, which made Clark claim the baby as his, not realizing his faux pas. I really started getting into it then. Then, as bad as it may sound, I really thought that Lana was too high maintenance. I sort of feel bad for what Clark didi to her, because no one deserves that, but face it...I just wanted him and Lois together. But I think that Clark is falling in love with Lois, though he doesn't realize it yet. I even think that Martha and Jonathan are secretly grateful that Clark didn't marry Lana. blush

When Lois asked Clark for a divorce and he said, "No", I was so grateful, always putting her and Christopher first. That should have spoken some volume to her!

Christopher is beautiful, and I love this Sam! He is so loving and supports Lois so wonderfully. Maybe his heart attack was what they needed to push things along, mind you, I think there will be some repercussions, like a major blow up and another pregnancy! dance

So, Carol, needless to say, I read all 85 chapters on Sunday and kept checking my iphone at work and nearly yelped when 86 and 87 went up! I think your story is just fabulous and I am so glad that I pressed on with it! Now that I'm hooked, don't you dare stop posting. I commend you for your diligence with posting.

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Now get busy posting and don't keep us waiting!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Ann said:
Did Clark express love to her? Was it love? As I read these two parts, up until you-know-what, I was going out of my mind with frustration and grief at Clark's inability to really reach out to Lois when she needed him. I was reminded of how tender and physical Lois had been with him, when he was in shock after Pop Pop's death. She held him all night, and he thanked her for it, because he realized that it had indeed helped him. But he touched her so briefly, with so little conviction, up until you-know-what.
The answer is yes; he did. He spoke two of the five love languages . He offered her a gift of his service and he sat at her side almost all day long. But she rejected that because she wanted the right words and the physical touch. Not only that, but she resented it when he didn't automatically give her what she didn't ask for, as if he's supposed to read her mind. Remember that as soon as she asked for it, he gave it to her with almost no questions asked.

If I had to make a wild guess I would imagine that neither physical touch nor meaningful words are Clark's love language. I'm supposing it's probably quality time since the first thing he does when he's hurting is to split.

I'm also not sure where you split the hair separating love from friendship. There are certainly different kinds of love, but I don't know if you can have love without friendship or friendship without love. To me, a gesture of friendship is a gesture of love.

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - FDKing tonight so that I can try to post in the morning without having to do it.

I must admit though that the following people made it easy with their jaw dropping etc wink :

Lisa
LoveSuper
Andreia
Ann [the first time wink ]
Sleep-e [and HI!!!! A lurker!!! smile ]
James [who really doesn't fit in this list but is easy to respond to]

Lieta - Interesting could be one way to put it...

Michael - love the babble and you may or may not be right about the Might Have Not Been A Totally Bad Thing. [and it's late Nov btw, six weekish after Pop Pop whose service was 9 days before the Presidential election]

JD - Oooo - can I use that Box of Conversations We Should Be Having?!

Lola - that might be a bit too easy... Happy ending? /looks around/ what's that?

Lara - /whistles/

Elisabeth - Ann said:
I agree with Elisabeth that Lois should have been more grateful to Clark for he did in fact do for her, like bake her favorite cake, when she had probably not eaten all day. That was a very sweet gesture. But coupled with his helpless distance from her, it was a careful friend's gesture, not a loving husband's one.
That's how I tend to see it - neither one are quite sure how to be around each other at this point. He's trying to do nice things, but it's not what she needs and he knows it's not but doesn't think she wants him to give her what she needs. But no, I don't think it will be 'just sex' to her. The question is, will it be 'just sex' to Clark?

Sarah - Happily ever after? what's that?

Sonia - hehe - so sorry about your speculation chip - hope it functions better soon wink .

Framework - I do understand what you're saying, but even for inexperienced Lois, it's very likely that being with Clark would put Sam out of her mind for a while - anything from focusing on... performance anxiety to thinking it's her only chance to be with the man she loves and focusing everything on that. As for flying - that offers lots of time to think, I'd think, and that was the last thing she wanted...

Lieta - I wondered if anyone would notice that smile .

Ann - That's how I see it. See my comment to Elisabeth above. You're right that one [super?] night isn't enough to fix everything and it shouldn't be. And as for being far from over... it keeps getting longer. Don't want to tell you guys what chapter I'm on... wink

Grinch - /whistles/ Complicated? I've struggled with PPD myself and I know what things set it off too. As for the 'permission' thing... that will be discussed later. Toys back together? You do mean Clark and Lana back together right?

Sheila - WOW! That's A LOT for one day! I don't know if you read the FDK threads as well [can't imagine you did], but... I struggled with the toga party thing. I knew about the Kryptonite and the snow storm and what may or may not have happened at the cabin. But at the same time, *knowing* that was when Lois got pregnant [if that is, in fact, when she did], would have changed things for Clark - from the beginning he'd have thought Christopher was his son, which I think would have changed things at least some. If there was some other way around it [without having her sleeping with Joe regularly because that would have made things so different too], I would have taken it, but the father needed to be ambiguous - at least to them wink .

Okay - off to get some other stuff done so I, hopefully, will get this posting before 9am tomorrow and btw - we're getting a new TV on Wed and I'm SOOOO looking forward to seeing The Incredibles on it!

Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by carolm:
Lieta - I wondered if anyone would notice that smile .
I think it got lost in the 'OMG they did what?!' mania ~.^

Sara "Lieta"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Elisabeth -

You posted while I was smile .

You're right that they're speaking different languages and right now - even though they're not aware of those - they're not speaking each other's languages right. Your evaluation of their languages is interesting. They played a role in LtL and so I put thought into them, but I hadn't here because they don't - but I think you've got them down.

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Lieta:
Originally posted by carolm:
[b]Lieta - I wondered if anyone would notice that smile .
I think it got lost in the 'OMG they did what?!' mania ~.^ [/b]
I think a lot of things got lost in that mania... wink .

Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This Clark speaks my love language. It screams love to me, even when nobody else notices. wink You should ask James sometimes about the first meal he cooked me.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Elisabeth said:

If I had to make a wild guess I would imagine that neither physical touch nor meaningful words are Clark's love language. I'm supposing it's probably quality time since the first thing he does when he's hurting is to split.
Elisabeth, I'm getting what you are saying about different ways of expressing your - well, caring, if not necessarily love. I'm just wondering - if Lana had been the one who was hurting and Clark had felt free to be with her, wouldn't he have hugged her? Wouldn't he have spoken softly and soothingly to her? Wouldn't physical touch and meaningful words have been his love language with Lana? And can we blame Lois for yearning for him to use the same kind of love language with her?

I think Lois has been comparing his treatment of her with what she imagines would be his treatment of Lana in a similar situation. Remember, too, that for two years Lois has watched Clark 'put on a show' for the benefit of others, so that he has hugged her and kissed her in public, but not in private. Is it so hard to understand that she doubts his love for her in view of that?

I agree with you, however, that Clark has shown love for Lois. Indeed, the very fact that he has stayed with her and put on the show of being her husband, and stayed faithful to her to boot, is a demonstration of love in my book. Particularly in view of how much it has cost him. Because, indeed, it has cost him a lot.

It's just that he is at war with himself over how much love he can allow himself to show his wife.

And at the root of Lois's depression is her conviction that her husband is going to leave her for another woman. And so far, Clark hasn't done too much to disabuse her of that notion.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
JD - Oooo - can I use that Box of Conversations We Should Be Having?!
Yup! All yours.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Whee!

Thanks JD!
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, had a lot of fun at the Incredibles reference. (Elastagirl? You married Elastagirl? And got bizzzzay!!) rotflol

(And sorry, Sonia, for stealing your sig!)

(Hey, but Clark must have a cape - it wouldn't look right otherwise!)

Speaking of how bizzzay Clark got when he married Elastagirl, and regarding the possibility that he impregnated Lois with her second child the second time he made love to her, I'm reminded of a scene from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. A Protestant husband looks disapprovingly at his Catholic neighbours' innumerable offspring, and he remarks sourly to his wife: "They have a child every time they do it!" The woman looks at her own two kids and replies, "Yes, dear, so do we."

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by TOC:
I'm reminded of a scene from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. A Protestant husband looks disapproving at his Catholic neighbours' innumerable offspring, and he remarks sourly to his wife: "They have a child every time they do it!" The woman looks at her own two kids and replies, "Yes, dear, so do we."
And then the movie segues into that hilarious musical number, "Every Sperm Is Sacred". A great bit. I can still hear the tune running through my head....

Kerth
Kerth
Well, since you had to bring up the Incredibles - when will we hear the sentence "CJ (or Chris) does not have any superpowers"? And when will we be proven wrong (see The Incredibles, the little other movie on the DVD about the strange things happening to the babysitter)

Loved the stuff about the cape, Lieta. Quite funny. So, will Clark start out in a red suit with an i on it? laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard