C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled posting...
Tuesday, Chapters 88 and 89, um... sometime - I'll try to get them up before I head out in the morning, but once I leave at 9ishET, I won't be home until 4ishET - so either, before 9am or 4-5pm ET, if I don't get it done in the morning, it'll be one of the first things on my list in the afternoon.

Previews

Chapter 88
~*~Lois~*~

I stayed still in his arms and the dream I had while we nearly died from hypothermia came back to me.

Clark.

Me.

The fireplace.

Kissing him.

Kissing me.
Chapter 89
~*~Clark~*~

I didn't know what else to do.

So I crossed the room in a couple of giant steps.

And then I kissed her.

Hard.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Wow... this should lead to some interesting things... and your previews... curiouser and curiouser...

Sara "Lieta"
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
!!!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
clap jawdrop

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Due to lack of words, a pictographic FDK...

frown smile1 [Linked Image] [Linked Image] hyper

And... wildguy grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
thumbsup hyper notworthy jump

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm going to babble away here.

Imagine all sorts of cartoon-scenes:
- teapot whistling.
- steam coming out of Daffy Duck's ears
- bells
- whistles

I was about to scream and bash my head at the stupidity of them. I even wondered if "making forget" couldn't just be a new euphemism. And then you pulled a complete one-eighty and OMG

Last time you commented:
Michael [again] - you got the first 2 right, you're assuming Sam's heart attack isn't fatal if it's the 'Could Have Been Bad Thing' - you'll have to see on that one..
to this:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And in the parts you've been reading there was that Bad Thing [Pop Pop], and then another Very Bad Thing [Revelation] and the reaction of other people to that Very Bad Thing and then a Could Have Been Bad Thing [Sam's heartattack] and the Might Have Not Been a Totally Bad Thing [???]. That doesn't help someone get over lunkheaded stupidness.<b>[ help I'm scared.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Man, I should have waited till tonight to read, but I had to check on Sam, and you dump this on me??!?!

Michael's right. There's gonna be a blow-up bigger than Krypton. But you know what? That's TALKING, and cheese and rice, they need to do some serious talking. Lois needs to say, "I'm falling in love with you" and Clark needs to give his BS about commitments to Lana, but he's really confused about Lois, and mix in a little bit of the wretched five year plan. And this is just conversations 1-3 out of the Box of Conversations We Should Be Having.

Great parts!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Blogger
Blogger
shock shock eek eek

holy guacamole!! oh they're definitely screwed (no pun intended :p ) aren't they?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank God! Some release!!!

I hope this completely ends Clark's obsession with Lana, and I say this because I am hoping and wishing that this new area of L&C's relationship opens his eyes too. And if Clark says Lana's name again during their waffy time I am so going to throw something at this computer!!!

We all know how Lois feels, so maybe she will finally voice it. We all need someone or something to help us forget.

Please no more torture, let there be a happy ending!!!!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Kerth
Kerth
Uh-oh, this cannot go down well. Nope. No way. Next thing we know, they'll be at eacht others throats again. *sigh* Or not talking. Or re-erecting the Great Wall in the middle of their bed. Or did you intend for Lois to get a strange sort of appetite again, followed by no appetite at all? I don't think that would do them any good, either. huh Anyway, can't you post everything you have so far *at* *once* and stop this torture? grovel

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for reminding me, Mellie. I meant to mention that. Of course Lois is pregnant again. Or do you have her on the pill, Carol? After all, Lois doesn't really expect anything so... Oh boy, they're so going to have a little sister for little Chris come next summer. And at the rate they're going (one baby every other Halloween), they will have a third one on the way when they get their divorce...

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
He took a wavering breath. "I need you to do something for me, too, though."

I nodded.

"I need you to take care of that grandson of mine for me. He was about all I could think about there for a few minutes."
You write Sam's fear very well, leaving off the "just in case anything happens" that they both know he is thinking.

Now, if I decided it was a good time to break down and cry, he'd just ignore me or sigh or something.

I sighed.

I'd wait till he was asleep to break down.
Throughout the day we repeatedly see Lois failing to give Clark the benefit of the doubt or underestimating what he does do. She thanks him when he bakes her a cake, but since it's not in her love language she immediately forgets it. He hugs her, but since it wasn't all day long she discounts it as too little or forced. She assumes that if she cries he will hold her, but only for show. She assumes that if something were to happen to her he would move on, untouched. She blows off all of his requests for conversation and sleeps with her back to him, even though he makes himself available to her.

In other words, if he doesn't express love to her in the way she expects it to be expressed, it's nothing to her. I'm not sure that this will blow up in their faces, because even though their marriage is not on stable ground he is expressing love to her when she needs it in a way that she feels loved. In other words, to her it isn't just sex.

Elisabeth

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow. now they HAVE to be real with themselves and each other, so that means.....living happily ever after?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Um... er... *speechless*

I'm totally with Michael here--that was a complete 180 in a span of mere seconds. Part of my inability to form coherent thought is due to whiplash and shock wink

Clark's mind was--once again--on Lana. As much as I enjoy the fact that their *ministrations* made him forget about the blonde bombshell for a period of time, I'm afraid about what comes after.

As for the preview: I'm banking that it *isn't* Lana, but rather the classic Clark Kent response to an irate and babbling Lois Lane. [Linked Image]

I agree with Elisabeth that in Lois's mind this event will be more than just sex. The unfortunate part is that she won't believe that Clark will feel the same. In her mind, he's thinking of Lana.

Ack, my speculation chip is no longer functioning... That could be fixed with more data (better known as more story)!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, my brain is still going through NaNo withdrawl. I am now ready to keep up to date on your story, unfortunately, I need to start with part 78 frown

James, who needs to stop thinking about word counts and start thinkig about spelling things correctly again...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Painful. Very painful. Also to my mind rather unrealistic. How many inexperienced young woman want to have sex to escape, forget, and so forth?

Sexually experienced woman yes, certainly, but inexperienced? Should have taken her flying. That would have distracted her.

So they somehow over look what Chris did?

If Tempus ever shows up he won't be talking about Lois when he says "galactically stupid" !!

Framework4
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I do want to add a lighter comment....

rotflol

The Incredibles? Are we going to see a capeless Superman? After all.... all the caped Superheroes died in that movie =P

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Elisabeth said:

Throughout the day we repeatedly see Lois failing to give Clark the benefit of the doubt or underestimating what he does do. She thanks him when he bakes her a cake, but since it's not in her love language she immediately forgets it. He hugs her, but since it wasn't all day long she discounts it as too little or forced. She assumes that if she cries he will hold her, but only for show. She assumes that if something were to happen to her he would move on, untouched. She blows off all of his requests for conversation and sleeps with her back to him, even though he makes himself available to her.

In other words, if he doesn't express love to her in the way she expects it to be expressed, it's nothing to her.
Did Clark express love to her? Was it love? As I read these two parts, up until you-know-what, I was going out of my mind with frustration and grief at Clark's inability to really reach out to Lois when she needed him. I was reminded of how tender and physical Lois had been with him, when he was in shock after Pop Pop's death. She held him all night, and he thanked her for it, because he realized that it had indeed helped him. But he touched her so briefly, with so little conviction, up until you-know-what.

I agree with Elisabeth that Lois should have been more grateful to Clark for he did in fact do for her, like bake her favorite cake, when she had probably not eaten all day. That was a very sweet gesture. But coupled with his helpless distance from her, it was a careful friend's gesture, not a loving husband's one. Consider this quote from part 87:

She wasn't okay, no matter what she said, but what was I supposed to do to make it better?

She hadn't wanted me anywhere near her all day, why would our bed be any different?

And to be honest, while I would hold her tonight if she needed me to, I wasn't sure I really *wanted* to.
<sigh> <groan>

The nightgown &#8211; and glimpse of her back &#8211; only served as a reminder that I wasn't married to Lana. After nearly two years and everything Lois and I had been through, she was still the one who filled my dreams more often than I would ever admit to anyone.

But Lois...

She *was* a beautiful woman and she *was* my wife, but that still didn't mean I felt right thinking about her like that; like a woman.

My heart still belonged to Lana.
At this point I was ready to cry myself!!!!

But Clark did a one eighty and made love to Lois. And because Lois was so fragile at this moment, their lovemaking is going to be absolutely hugely important to her. Will it not be even more unbearable for her to be rejected by Clark now than it was before?

But what will their lovemaking mean to Clark? Will it just mean that now he and Lana are sort of even, because both have lost their virginity, so now they can meet again as equals when he divorces Lois in three years? Seriously, has Clark's romp in the hay with Lois cured him of the notion that he will divorce her in three years? I'm not sure. He has to admit to himself that he has not saved his body and his virginity for Lana only. But what if he still thinks that he has saved his heart for her? That is what he was thinking to himself, not long before he made love to Lois, that his heart still belonged to Lana. (At the very least Clark might admit to himself that Christopher is probably his biological son. I think that this lovemaking should jog both Lois and Clark's memories of what really happened in the cabin that night when they were both almost dying of hypothermia.)

So I agree with those who fear that this lovemaking could blow up in Lois and Clark's faces. In any case, one romp in the hay won't take care of two years of heartache, misery and silence. And I'm not sure it will take care of two years of divorce plans.

But like Mellie, I was definitely thinking that Lois could be pregnant again, which would be an interesting complication. But it is certainly not a given that Lois is pregnant, and it won't happen unless Carol wants it to!

And what about Navance and his kidnapping threats? I keep wondering *when* Christopher is going to be kidnapped, not *if* it's going to happen.

Oh, this story is so, so far from over!!!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe they did that! They weren't supposed to do that until they told each other they loved each other, and that they wanted this to be more than a five-year countdown. Instead, they have an unconventional marriage, that has been consummated, where Lois is in love with her husband, and Clark is still in love with his ex-girlfriend. They really didn't need to sleep with each other. I'm afraid these people had enough complications with their lives. They really have made a mess of things.

Now, Lois has the possibility of being pregnant? As the career driven person that she is, I can't imagine what having two kids before graduating college will do to those dreams. But, this couple would certainly have some success rate in the fertility department...I mean two times creates two babies. goofy

Lois has been depressed since Chris' birth. Some of that may post-partum, but we have heard her voice depression triggers as rejection fears from both Clark and Chris. I can't imagine giving your "virginity" to your husband when you're your most vulnerable, but giving him permission to practically think that you're someone else. I mean how unhealthy is that?

I really wonder about Lois' self-esteem in this story. She truly deserves better and deserves to be happy. Giving her body to Clark, at this stage, will not increase her happiness, it will just worsen her feelings of rejection. This whole situation is beginning to be unhealthy for all involved.

Clark, still tied to Lana, will be guilt-ridden for cheating on his ex-girlfriend. He'll wish the whole event would never have happened, which will send Lois into a tail spin!

Have I mentioned that they shouldn't have slept together at this stage?

It really seems that these people are their own worse enemies. What Navance can do to them pales in comparison to the heartache everyone is feeling!

grinch

PS: Carol did say at the beginning of this adventure that she puts her toys back together at the very end. Considering it's December 1st, we have sixty more posts to go. There's so much angst already, I really don't know how things can be happily ever after so quickly. But, I'm ready for the angst to be over. thud

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard