Next scheduled post:
Friday, Chapters 80 and 81, 10-11am ET

Previews

Chapter 80
~*~Clark~*~

I laughed. "Ready?"

She put her sunglasses on. "Let's go paint the town red."

I groaned. "We're not going to paint the town red."

"John Deere Green?" she asked, giving me wide innocent eyes over the top of her glasses.

"Much better," I said, taking her hand. "Where to first?"

She shrugged. "You tell me, Tour Guide Barbie."
Chapter 81
~*~Lois~*~

"Lois, is Clark nearby?" It was Martha and something didn't sound right.

"Is everything okay?" I asked sitting up and motioning to Clark.

His eyes were wide as he sat next to me.

"Please?" she asked.

I handed him the phone.

"Mom?"

I couldn’t hear what Martha said, but the color left Clark's face and I was afraid he was going to break the phone if he didn't loosen his grip.
Thanks smile .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What Clark thought about Lois in nothing-but-a-towel? If it didn't shake him awake, he's a lost case. :rolleyes:

Nothing really 'big' in these parts, but the second preview is scaring. What happened? Did Christopher get near some Kryptonite? Something with Jonathan? You're E-V-I-L stopping there! devil You could let us hear what Martha told him. grovel /me pouts

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Ultra woman said, how can we concentrate on parts 78 and 79 when you gave us that horrible glimpse of part 81? eek shock eek shock eek shock eek

Okay, let's say something about part 78, nevertheless!

"Who's this little guy?" Debbie asked.

"This is Christopher," I told her.

"Lois' son," Joe said quietly. "He looks just like you."

"He talks just like Lois," I said, deflecting the comment.
He is not my son. He is not my son. He is not my son. He is not my son.

[Linked Image]

He does not look like me. He does not look like me. He does not look like me.

I liked Joe in this chapter. He was nice. I think he still misses Lois, and I think he suspects that Clark isn't treating her as well as he ought to.

It was good to see Clark bond with Jonathan, and they brought Christopher along, too. It was really nice.

But you know what, Carol? That bank robbery scared me.

It was really good to see Lois and Clark dance together at the Kerth Awards ceremony. This was nice, too:

He chuckled again and I moved in front of him, my head still resting on his chest, my arms at my side. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head. It seemed a bit of a stretch for him. Normally, I fit perfectly underneath it, but the heels must have been throwing everything off.
Lois fits perfectly in Clark's embrace, but not when she is wearing heels!

This was lovely:

"Work your magic," I told him.

He laughed and a second later, his hands were wrapped around my foot. "Just relax."

I did and the next thing I knew, it was morning.
Aaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!! *Happy sigh*

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool parts.. loved the dancing.

Nice how Lois is succeeding somewhat to stave off the depression "she's decided not to let thought of Lana dampen her contentment"... although how long will Lana remain in the background?

Your story is so full of two steps fwd one step bwd... simply wow! Like L&C are having a grand time at the Kerths, and then Lois blurts out "after the divorce, Clark and Lana"... why is Clark so stuck? I mean why is he expecting Lana to forgive him or wait... he does have doubts whether Lana will take him back or not.. right?

I think he just doesn't want to think too clearly about what he's done to Lana and whether Lana will take him back 4 yrs down the line ... he's taking his purgatory one day at a time not thinking too much about the future, yet dreaming & hoping about that very future with Lana.. he frustrates me so much mad

But now... what will Martha tell him on the phone? Something happened to Jonathan (you brought his back problem in this part.. hmm) or maybe Grannie Kent?

Looking fwd to more. thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap laugh

Okay, Mr. and Mrs. Olsen are going to be at the Lane shindig in a few weeks. Can't wait until LnC meet Jack again. Wonder if he knows wink And how long it's going to be... 2 parts. 4?

The bank-robbery was an evil red herring.

Lois still has urges. Ata girl.

And Clark continues to make statements or thoughts that have wanting to show him a nice little piece of greenish crystal. Or perhaps red. Then he ends up with Lois and we're done with it... *sigh*

And now I have to wait until *tomorrow*. Make that another *20* hours. That's *so* mean...

Michael

PS: Evil preview. I thought Jonathan first. But AnKS is right. Could be Granny. Or Grandma Davis. Bad Carol. Bad.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Lois' son," Joe said quietly. "He looks just like you."

"He talks just like Lois," I said, deflecting the comment.
He's so dense and is so stuck in the he-is-not-my-son idea that it got me imagining this scene:

Lois: Clark, Chris is floating! It means...

Clark: It means I'm not the only Kryptonian on Earth!

Lois: What? Clark!

Clark: Don't worry, Lois, even after I get married to Lana I won't let this jerk get near Chris!

Lois: But Clark...

Clark: Maybe he's a relative of mine... It explains why everybody thinks Chris looks just like me. But even so I'll make sure this monster pays for what he did to you...

wallbash wallbash wallbash

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, I'd say it's rather: Wait, Lois, I think your Mom was a Kryptonian too and only male Kryptonians develop powers.

That way, when Lois gets accidentally pregnant again during one their cuddle sessions and gives birth to a daughter, Clark can still say it wasn't him. At least until Clarkette starts floating too.

Michael

PS: 19 hours

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Kerth
Kerth
I don't hate Lana. Really, I don't. But couldn't you just kill her off so Clark finally gets to open his eyes and see the wonderful woman who is his wife? Or... Maybe the preview was about Lana getting killed? grovel

Yeah, that must be it. Sorry for spoiling your little surprise, though. blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nononononono, Mellie, what are you talking about. dizzy Lana cannot die. After all, Carol sort of promised that the whole nasty affair thing Clark's currently engaged in, will be over eventually and then he would get back together with his real love jump

Michael peep

PS: 18 hours left

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As far as the towel thing...
Clark has arleady admited to being attracted to Lois. So that isn't a problem.
As for anything else, being attracted to someone isn't being in love with them. So personally, I'm glad it didn't affect him anymore than it did. Doing so would
(a)Pretending lust/attraction is love
(b)be a subconsious effort to "force" himself towards Lois just because she's his wife.

The Kerth awards were sweet. Lois is seriously in danger of being depressed.

As far as Lana goes, I think Clark tenically knows Lana is unlikely to wait for him.

There was this, a few chapters ago
If Lois and I divorced and then Lana and I couldn't work things out, I'd be alone. Not completely alone, of course. I'd have my parents and Christopher. But what about when Lois met someone else? When Christopher had a step-dad? What about then?

Should I just commit myself to this marriage for the rest of my life? Was this what I wanted with the rest of my life?

Not really, I admitted to myself. Part of me – a big part – still held out hope that Lana and I could work things out some day. Another part of me knew that possibility was getting smaller every day I didn't go to her and tell her the whole truth and ask her to wait for me.
Clark knows it's unlikely that Lana will wait for him, unless he tells her to. Unfortuately for him, he also knows it's not possible to do so.

He realizes there is a fair chance he'll spend his life alone, if Lois and him divorce.

But - He still loves Lana. He misses her. He wants her for his wife, even though he knows it's unrealistic to expect it anymore. There isn't much he can do about that. It's a dream he's holding on to while his life has been turned upside down.

I still wonder how we'll find out what Lana thinks of aliens. (Carol mentioned we would later on.) If she DOES have problems with that, he'll know that's the end anyway.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EVIL.

I betcha Martha got kidnapped while she was babysitting Chris.

The other parts were good... .5 step forward 1000 back but I have a feeling we'll have to have another big ice breaker conversation before anything takes a full step forward...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JD, I never thought of that. Although it makes sense now confused help dizzy eek Just what Carol would do cat

Michael

10 hours left

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
[rambling]As much as Clark irritates me in this fic, I'm nowhere near as angry with him here as I am in many other, more canon-inspired fics. In the latter stories, Clark is often self-satisfied as well as arrogant, and he doesn't even know it himself!!! AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! razz grumble )

Okay, but on top of all this he also proposed to her without sharing his secret with her first!!!! mecry [/rambling]

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
Lois: Clark, Chris is floating! It means...

Clark: It means I'm not the only Kryptonian on Earth!

Lois: What? Clark!
Oh I love that line. So clearly this Clark Kent.

One thing I keep forgetting about this Clark is that he really is a hick from the sticks.

He doesn't speak hundreds of languages, and he has not traveled the globe interacting with people from many different cultures.

I'm beginning to give up hope with this tale. Even if in time Clark grows up and develops a meaningful marriage relationship with Lois, I can't see this boy ever being able to step up and become Superman.

Or maybe that is the answer. Nightfall has to occur, Clark flies out and deflects it but has an almost uncontrolled landing and loses his memory.

At that point his real feelings for Lois and Christopher can emerge, freed from the stigma that is preventing him from acknowledging those feelings.

He can spend time with Lois and Chris and maybe take a couple of months to regain his memories.

In circumstances like that some folks who have regained their memories said that while they could recall the events it felt like they had happen to someone else.

What stigma? Click here and scroll down to see my earlier comments, keep going past the short post

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think Carol has finally killed off Lana. Now Clark will be depressed, and both he and Lois will be depressed together. What do they say, if you can't beat them, join them? Well that's what this Clark would say. mad

grinch (who didn't think Clark could get any more hopeless than he already was).

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have a sneaking suspicion that the preview from Chapter 81 would be the last lines of Chapter 81.. so we'll have to wait till 82 to find out what happened... or ..

I hope I'm wrong... awaiting more laugh wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I love that line. So clearly this Clark Kent.
Hehehe... Glad somebody else sees this Clark as I see him. :p I like your idea of amnesia. He's so struck on Lana that the only way to get rid of her in his life is getting rid of his memory altogether. razz He was declaring his endless love to her even when she was getting ready to marry Lex. dizzy Maybe just season 8 be worthwhile because Lana is almost absent. laugh

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves again/

Thanks for all the FDK.

Yet again, no time for detailed responses if I'm going to post. The fam is still in town...

Look for 80/81 shortly...

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard