C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Next scheduled post:
Tuesday, Chapters 74 and 75, 1-3pm ET [and since I teach tomorrow no chance of it early wink ]

Previews

Chapter 74
~*~Lois~*~

There was applause and cat calls from around the yard as Clark put his arm around me.

"Kiss her, Cuz!" came a call from across the yard.

The chorus immediately started up from all sectors. "Kiss her!"

I looked up at Clark who was turning bright red. He looked back at me and shrugged. "Guess we've got no choice." He grinned, but only I could tell that it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Hold on."

With that he dipped me to one side and kissed me.
Chapter 75
"I'm sorry," I said quickly looking up. "I wasn't watching..." I stared for a long minute before I spoke again. "Lana, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."

She shrugged. "I'm okay."

"I'm glad," I said softly, my heart skipping a beat as she sighed.

She pointed to my wallet. "Is that him?"

I glanced down. A picture of Christopher was visible. I nodded. "Yeah, that's him."
Thanks smile .
Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
Carolm you are going to break my heart again in chapter 75.. just when everything was going good.

beeep beeep beep beep........beep beep _________________________________________________
whinging

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/giggles/

There were several good preview options for 75 in particular, but decided that was a good one wink .

Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Gaaaahhh!!! How can we concentrate on parts 72 and 73 when you give us that preview of part 75???

*goes away to sulk for a while - will be back later*

Ann

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, I'm back.

I still missed her. So much some times.

I knew she wasn't the same... innocent girl I'd fallen in love with over the course of my lifetime.

She had changed – and so had I. I was a dad, a... husband, of sorts.

If we could manage to work things out once this was over, I wouldn't be the only one she'd ever have been with. She'd always have the memory of other guys that I'd have to... compete with or be compared to or whatever.

Though I was still saving that part of myself for only her – I wasn't sure how I'd be able to prove it to her, not without a sworn statement from Lois or something – it wasn't something that would only belong to us.

Krypton though...

Lois knew a little bit, but not much. I'd eventually tell Lana everything if we managed to work things out.

But what if we didn't work things out?

Was I destined to be alone for the rest of my life?

If Lois and I divorced and then Lana and I couldn't work things out, I'd be alone. Not completely alone, of course. I'd have my parents and Christopher. But what about when Lois met someone else? When Christopher had a step-dad? What about then?

Should I just commit myself to this marriage for the rest of my life? Was this what I wanted with the rest of my life?

Not really, I admitted to myself. Part of me – a big part – still held out hope that Lana and I could work things out some day. Another part of me knew that possibility was getting smaller every day I didn't go to her and tell her the whole truth and ask her to wait for me.
Where is the 'strangle Clark' emoticon? razz sloppy sloppy sloppy

I see Clark as a guy who is violently at war with himself, and he doesn't even know it. Two inner Clarks are fighting for supremacy, one Clark who loves Lois and one Clark who insists he loves Lana!

And one Lana is coming up in part 75. Tell me, Carol, am I wrong? Is Lana not Lexa?

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
/me seconds - no, thirds - the sentiment about chapter 75. Carol, if I were your secret Santa, I'd get a whip for you - I'm sure you know how to handle it.
[Linked Image]

The funny thing is, I never figured I'd be someone who'd ask for more after this sort of torture. Well, actually I'm not *asking* for more, I'm screaming for more. Making sense?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Will Smith and... whoever the stripper chick with a kid was were running towards each other when suddenly everything went black.

~~~~~
Clark
~~~~~

"What...?" I started.

"Power's out again," Lois said, not moving.
Subtle, Carol. Really subtle. help grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm glad you included that section where Clark was thinking about how he was withholding himself from Lois re Krypton. Ann may have hated it, but it's necessary for this to be a slow recovery for us to believe it.

Similarly, I'm glad you have Lois thinking about the way she's trying to keep Clark at an emotional distance so it doesn't kill her when he leaves. I'm especially glad these thoughts are presented to us at the time they are occurring rather than as a summary of things that happened since the last scene/chapter or as an after-the-fact explanation of why they suddenly behaved differently.

I may have disagreed with your handling of the initial turn-arounds in their behavior, but I completely agree with the way you're handling it now. I wouldn't have believed it for a moment if you had rushed their feelings, so keep going slow: two steps forward, one step back.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Features Writer
Features Writer
You know what? I think Carol wrote that scene in Smallville. mecry mecry Why you bring her back!? Make sure she says no. (I came back to life to tell you that) thud

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So that's what that beep beep _____ was. Now of course, it's logical.

/places a flower and a happy ending LnC fic on Tonya's grave.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay for the cuddles! but I want to beat Clark over the head with a Lana-sized stick. I'm not expecting a lightbulb to go off where he switches to loving Lois, but every time he promises to do better, he goes right back to ruminating about Lana. As long as he's still allowing himself to go there, we still have an expiration date on the marriage, and both of them are still going to be heading to the Kingdom of Bitter. I'm happy they are becoming friends, but friendship can't really cover the feelings in year 3 when Clark looks over and hates the woman he decided to stay married to because she's keeping him from his true love.

I really hope that Lana's journey has matured her to the point where she isn't 'waiting' for Clark. Maybe she'll see what M&J saw in Clark's and Lana's past relationship (they were too young) and moves on responsibly. If Clark realized that he was the only one chasing a pipe dream, he'd be more likely to put it down. Unfortunately, I fear that she's going to see Christopher's picture, think about Streisand (the way we were...), and rekindle the dying embers of hope that I had been ready to stomp on (while doing something akin to a Snoopy Dance).

I believe we need to get in contact with our Black Ops friends and liberate Latislan. No dictator, no threat, no need to be married to a conflicted Kryptonian.

I'd like to point out that just because you can't be persuaded to post earlier tomorrow, it doesn't mean you can't post tonight... Just sayin'...

Thanks for the ride!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't have the time to write too much feedback. See, this is what I mean Carol, you have to give it to us in one shot!

Clark is back being a lunkhead and all is right in this universe. Sonia, when Clark finishes hitting Lana over the head with his stick, he should hit himself over the head as well. I mean, how can this guy be any more of a lunkhead? I didn't think it was possible, but I guess I was wrong.

grinch

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois knew a little bit, but not much. I'd eventually tell Lana everything if we managed to work things out.

But what if we didn't work things out?

Was I destined to be alone for the rest of my life?

[...]

Should I just commit myself to this marriage for the rest of my life? Was this what I wanted with the rest of my life?

Not really, I admitted to myself. Part of me – a big part – still held out hope that Lana and I could work things out some day. Another part of me knew that possibility was getting smaller every day I didn't go to her and tell her the whole truth and ask her to wait for me.
He gets his so dreamed divorce and if things don't work out with his sick-to-death love, Lois could be an option for him not to have to spend his life alone.(!) In any moment he thinks that Lois is a human being and therefore should have feelings. devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
:rolleyes:
Clark...there are no words, boy. It's like, hey, my wife is kinda nice. Hey, Lana is the love of my life. Hey, Lois and I are making more of an effort. Hey, it's only 4 more years to our divorce.

Guys, we won't have to strangle him. His inner thoughts are going to explode and deep-six all of them in their sleep. The entire Kent-Lane family is going to wake up and wonder why they're all in heaven, and Clark is going to say, ...oops.

And my heart breaks for Lois. She's trying so hard not to show how committed she could be to this situation, while Clark is still warring over the escape hatch, and IF HE HURTS HER...well, I'm gonna write myself into the story and kill him. There's no need to make it look like an accident. wink

Great parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part as ever, Carol. I enjoy the leisurely pacing of the fic (although I'd like it even more if I could read the whole thing at one fell swoop - guess I'll have to wait till it goes to the archives) as it gives time for character development, motivations, explanations.

Clark has been pretty much of a weener throughout this fic. I'm glad to see that he's getting a little better attitude. As numerous other posters have pointed out, it was getting time to slap Clark upside the head!

Is the cousin with the kryptonite coming to the party? Now you've got me wondering.

Also, if Clark is powerless, of course that would be the time for Navance or Navance's nephew to make his/their ploy (whatever evil plan it is that they have in mind.)

And what about Mindy? Sam seems to have dumped her, but I'm sure we can't be lucky enough to have her go away forever! She probably is vowing revenge on Sam, Lois, and Clark!

And what about the guns? Are Lois and Clark going to find out more?

And what about Norcross and Judd? Are we going to find out more about their doomed romance?

You've got a lot of plot threads up in the air and I'm putting you on notice (right now, missy!) that you'd better tie up all the loose ends!

(OK, that was sarcasm, but it is a genuine plea.)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just caught up on all the parts I missed.... (basically from Christopher's birth...) Wow! In a way I'm glad I read all this at once... since Clark and his tape-recorded mantra ("I love Lana... I love Lana") is getting really old.

And now your preview seems like we need to ready ourselves for another lunkheaded moment. I too hope the kryptonite carrying cousin is coming thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
wave

Thanks guys!

As for the loose ends - it's unlikely they'll *all* be wrapped up [one in particular comes to mind] but most of what you mentioned will be.

Am going to try to post this morning but we'll have to see...

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A post this morning. Yay. dance dance dance dance dance dance dance

Now that I have more time for feedback, I really liked this chapter. I thought Clark's coming around was realistic and the fact that he still pines for Lana, still in character.

Clark is still a lunkhead, but he's always been one, so it's nice to see his development to be realistic. It is for this reason that I felt his declaration of love for Lois to be a bit premature in the last chapter. I don't believe he loves Lois. I think he feels trapped by his situation, and it's like he's falling in love with his kidnapper. I know, I know, that sounds really harsh, but I think it's the circumstances that are really driving his emotions, rather than true feelings.

Also, if Clark really has it in his mind that he's going to get back with Lana after this whole mess, shouldn't he tell Lana about the circumstances surrounding his marriage? I think Lana would feel better knowing that she was lied to for a year rather than five. And secondly, if Clark really wants Lana back, then I think he would tell Lois that Lana could be trusted with this secret. I would order Clark's priorities at the moment to be Christopher, Lana and then Lois. Perhaps some would disagree. But, if Lana was originally willing to wait for him till his marriage ended, I would think Clark would relay the paternity secret to Lana in an effort to get her to wait for him.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard