Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Let me come back to Lana as Lexa. In another thread on these boards, I brought up the biblical story about King Solomon and the two harlots who wanted him to decide which of them was the mother of a living child and which of them was the mother of a dead child.

Forget the harlots thing. Neither Lois nor Lana - no, not even Lana - are close to being harlots. But both Lois and Lana have recently have children. Lois's baby survived. Lana's died.

In the biblical story, the mother of the dead child tried to steal the living child, claiming it was hers. Well, Lana is not going to mistake Christopher for her own dead daughter. But how about trying to steal him anyway? Don't we all know that someone is going to to try to steal Christopher? Yes, we all though it was Navance. But why shouldn't Lana help him?

In the biblical story, the mother of the dead child would be happy to see King Solomon kill the other woman's living child. Because she is so jealous, she would rather see the other woman's child dead than alive.

Maybe Lana would be happy to see Christopher dead???? shock Or at least she wouldn't care one way or another if he died?

Well, Clark, it's like I said. You are in for a rude awakening when it comes to your girlfriend Lexa!

Ann

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've noticed that it's been a long time since Lois has called anyone by a nickname. Is that a sign of the depression or is it something else?

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I guess what I'm saying is that I understand how they could have gone from bitter, non-communicative, spiteful individuals to attempting to reconnect with awkward truce talk by their first anniversary.
I totally am on this page here. They weren't always these bitter non-communicative people. Before Latislan, I think we were all hopeful for Clark to dump what's-her-face and start going out with his roommate. goofy But Latislan happened. And crappy things can turn you into crappy people. But that doesn't mean you were always a crappy person, or that you'll make crappy decisions for the rest of your life. Take it from me; you can only drag out the bitterness for so long before someone knocks you over the head and says, "Hey, you're gonna ruin your life over it." And it took Lois breaking the ice and telling him how freaking unhappy she was for Clark, god love the dolt, to realize that there are bigger things happening than him here (echo of Spider-Man II that I just watched yesterday LOL).

Great parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
My fifth post now...

I found this image and I can't resist it. It's an old comic book cover, and the comic is...Psychoanalysis???? Well, Clark is in need of some, I think. On this cover, the psychiatrist looks like a much older Clark, and the girl on the divan(?) is... not Lana, because she was a redhead in the comics, but maybe a version of Lana in this fic?

[Linked Image]

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
/tiptoes in, knows she shouldn't be feeding the addiction like this, and runs away...

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm glad you gave us a little more of Lana's story in this part. I admit to having been somewhat concerned that she had an "accident" and "lost" the baby....

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Carol, please know that I have a DOC file with parts 60 - 71 and am going to read it when I can.

I am just so far behind in my writing that I am going to have to have several writing blitzes this week to just get near the finish line....

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He'll always be your son and I'm sure Lana's baby will end up loving you as much as he does his dad, too.
I don't understand what Lois is doing. Why is she talking about Clark getting back to Lana as a sure thing? She knows that Lana isn't waiting for him. Clark is still infatuated with her, but she's already found another guy. At that moment she still though Lana was having Tim's baby. So why would she go along with Clark's craziness and think Lana would drop everything and take him back? confused

If she is in love with Clark, I don't understand why she's feeding his obsession with Lana. dizzy

Maybe I'll understand in the next part. huh How much persuasion do you need to post earlier? [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thank you so much for the FDK everyone smile .

You guys do crack me up sometimes! This is a Good Thing.

Look for 72/3 here before too long...

Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't think we're going to see Clark become disillusioned with Lana in this story. The title of the next one is "Unanswered Prayers," and the song of that title by Garth Brooks is about a guy who thanks God that his prayers to marry his ex-girlfriend weren't answered. So I think that's where the Lana-disillusion will occur.

I think I'm more with grinch than with the rest of you. I did like how Lois exploded and told Clark she couldn't do it any more. I might have bought Clark's response more if we had seen more of the harassment from Navance instead of a passing mention some weeks later of it having happened. I think you need to include a Navance scare re Christopher prior to these last few sections, maybe letting us in on part of the letter from Navance after he learned Christopher was born, threatening to take his "son" and train him as his successor. That would give Clark a strong, obvious reason to refuse to leave the marriage.

Similarly, I don't see any reason why Lois would suddenly think she was in love with Clark. He's been a total jerk to her for a year--their entire marriage--and for her to decide she loves him makes her sound too much like someone who enjoys being neglected or abused. After all, they were only acquaintances and friends for a grand total of 4 months, and he's been a sullen, snippy jerk for 13 months. Which one is she going to feel is the real Clark?

I know you said she fell in love with him more each time she saw him with Christopher, but we haven't seen any of that. We haven't really seen Clark just playing with Christopher and Lois watching the two of them with her heart about to swell out of her chest from some emotion she can hardly identify. Telling us after the fact is never as convincing as showing us as it happens.

Sorry, Carol. Here I am, demanding more scenes. Ah, well, put my requests with your notes to look at after you finish the rough draft. In the meantime, don't worry about them; just keep writing.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard