Next scheduled post:
Sunday: Chapters 70 and 71, after 3pm ET

Previews

Chapter 70
~*~Lois~*~

"Happy Anniversary, Pumpkin."

"Thanks, Daddy," I said into the phone.

"Are you and Clark enjoying a couple days to yourself?"

I was glad he couldn’t see me. "Thanks for taking Christopher for a couple days for us."

"No problem. It's always nice to have a day or two without kids. And I love having my grandson around. You know that."

"It is nice. Thanks." I glanced up and saw Clark bringing some wood in. "Daddy, Clark just got back from getting some more wood. I'll talk to you later."

I could hear the chuckle in his voice. "Bye, Princess."
Chapter 71
~*~Clark~*~

She pulled away from me and rested her hands on my chest. "I didn't mean to get your shirt all wet."

I looked down. Sure enough, there was a big wet spot on the front of my shirt. I smiled at her. "It's okay. Really. If a wet spot on my shirt is the price I have to pay for holding a beautiful woman in my arms for a little while... well, I'm willing to pay that."

She ducked her head and blushed as I said that.

"Hey, look at me." I tucked a finger under her chin and lifted her face. "You are beautiful, you know that right?"

She shrugged. "I'm not bad, I guess."

I kissed her forehead again. "You are." I meant it. She was.
Thanks.
Carol

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Cute parts. I like the little added inner thoughts that show developing feelings.

I'm glad that Lois knows she is in love with Clark but ticked that Clark didn't reach that space first.

IT really seems you are mirroring some events in the tv series Smallville.

• Lana obsession
  • Clark fearful of telling Lana about himeself
  • Lana preganant
  • Lana loses baby
  • Lois and Clark as buddies at first
  • Lois develops feeling for Clark

Framework4
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers/

haven't watched Smallville since about episode three when I realized they were all the same...

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought he preferred to nurse when Lois was around. And really, who could blame him?
Ata boy blush

I stopped, fork halfway to my mouth. Where had that thought come from?
And I have a whiplash syndrome now whinging

I so loved Martha's final lines to Clark. You know. Finally.

And this time I read the previews intentionally. Which reminds me to re-iterate. Previews are the purest form of evilness. Carol, please stop. Or don't put anything meaningful in there. Just Sam and Jimmy and stuff. Or Lana losing her baby. Anything but their relationship. Please? It just is toooooo painful. And then you're saying 3 pm, which is 9pm my time and THAT means I might or might not get to read it till morning and that's 36 hours now and I'm addicted and at this point I'd be willing to give up on a lot of stuff to just read the rest in one big shot whinging

Did I mention you're evil, Carol?

PS: Just for good measure:
wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
It is possible that I'll post earlier tomorrow but I won't know until then. We're going to the ILs tonight and if we get home too late we may not go to church in the morning which would mean that I could post earlier [other family obligations aside of course].

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I think NASA is going to find a snow globe in orbit soon. At least, I hope they do. And Yay Martha! That's telling the dumb ol' brick how the cow ate the cabbage!

Man up, Clark! You don't have to make her scream with unbridled passion. Just take her into your heart.

Because, as we all know, love and sex are not the same thing.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I was thinking about this tale. At some point someone needs to point out to Clark that he may be holding on to Lana, not because he loves her, but because he does not want to admit that he began cheating on her the minute he met Lois Lane.

Look back at the tale from a NON L&C prospective. As L&F Fans we expect to see L&C together. But if it wasn't a Lois & Clark tale how would we see Clark's early actions?

There is no reason that makes any sense why he would allow the roommate circumstances to continue for more then ten seconds, unless he had a motive he was not admitting to Lois, Lana, or himself.

From day one he has done things for Lois that no one would do for a girl they didn't know.

During the next few months his relationship with Lois was one of caring and compromise. They learned to share space, they talked about school, current events, future dreams, and so forth.

Lois and Clark often worked on class assignments together, even when Clark had to disappointment his girlfriend to help out Lois he barely hesitated. Most college age guys I know blow off team assignments and study groups for a party where they only hope to meet a girl. Clark blew off his girlfriend.

Time after time Clark picked Lois over Lana. In the meantime how was his relationship with Lana?

Oh that's right, they didn't talk, they simply made out long and often and left each other hot and bothered.

Even when Clark was married to Lois he still felt guilty about cheating on Lana. Clearly the reason he called Lois "Lana" that time was guilt floating around in the background.

Maybe a third party, like Dan, needs to point this out to Clark?

Clark has a number of mixed up ideas and concepts. First and foremost is that "true love" is both easy and secure. If you have true love you will never cheat or even be tempted by other woman. If you have "true love" any problems will not effect your feelings for one another. And so forth.

At some point Clark needs to realize that he took one look at Lois Lane and was lost. And he needs to explain it to Lois.

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
"There's a beautiful young woman in there who happens to be the mother of your son and your *wife*. Maybe it's time you started acting like it."
YAY!
Martha i agree 100000%! i know no such thing.
Also Terry i agree with you too!
Man up, Clark! You don't have to make her scream with unbridled passion. Just take her into your heart.
clap clap clap clap clap clap

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There is something else I thought off and then forgot to add blush I know you put the Nano stuff in there only because it's fun, but as you mentioned Clark looking for her stuff, how about he finds a story that sort of describes how a guy marries a woman he's not in love with and she pines for him? Perhaps the current Tony-Ziva-stuff with Jean as Lana? Would he realize it is Lois' story? Would he get the big hint? Or would he just open his eyes and take the *anonymous* author's advice at heart and well, you know blush

Another thing is, that the more I think about it, the more I think Clark has to get Lana out of his system once and for all. And actually, a night of unbridled passion might help him find this closure. Unless the guilt kills him the next day. Who knows. But men *are* wired a little differently and sweet-and-caring Clark from LnC isn't in this story help Is there an OTOH Anonymous group out there? dizzy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Kerth
Kerth
Two more great parts, and things finally start to actually work out.

@Michael, I don't know if there is a OTOH anonymous group out there, but we could found one. laugh So, anybody willing to join?

Back to Carol: Are you sure you'll be able to post everything this year if you only post two parts per day? How about three or five or all of them? hyper

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks Carol for these new parts.

You do realize that in addition to creating OTOH, you have now created OTOH anonymous groups. One very noticeable symptom of being an OTOH-aholic is constantly refreshing this board to see if new posts are up, because, it is almost tomorrow at 3 right?

I did like Lois referring to Chris as their son in these two installments. The way it was written before, I could so see Lois, in the middle of a fight for example, lashing out at Clark telling him that he wasn't Chris' father (that we know of up to this point). She has this trump card, but I'm hoping that as they both develop, she never uses it.

I may be the only one, but I don't want see Lois and Clark jump into bed together just yet. I want them to talk, decide that they should see where things go, have him go end his emotional ties to Lana in person, and then work on developing his relationship with Lois. I think a shotgun approach to making love will just add to the complications of their shotgun wedding. wink

grinch

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sign me up for the OTOHA group. I'm starting to get twitchy. Hello, my name is Sonia...

*sigh* Lois is in love, Clark is in denial, Jimmy is in the family, and Martha--as always--is in the know.

I love it whenever you bring Martha in to wipe the mud outta Clark's eyes. I know he doesn't always 'hear' her, but at least he 'listens' (or is that the other way around?). As long as he keeps holding on to the little momentos here and there (like a picture, a snowglobe, etc.), he's not going to be able to move on. Lois thought that the exchanged glance between M&J was about them seeing an expected moment in their expected relationship, but I beg to differ. I think M&J were seeing some of Lois's true feelings and knowing that Clark hasn't yet decided to reciprocate.

Woo-hoo! for Uncle Jimmy. I'm happy that there are some things that are getting fixed in Lois's life. Her worries about future life without Clark are heart-wrenching. Will Christopher want to live with his dad? How terrifying for her to be rendered alone in life as she is in love.

So, I have a compromise to suggest as far as that 'too small' king size bed goes... What if they learned the joy of cuddling? Totally innocent, accidental, but who-are-we-kidding-this-is-the-best-sleep-ever-so-don't-change-it cuddling? Just a thought... feel free to use at will.

All of the strain of pretense and denial has to be creating a great deal of tension. Just *how* will they find release? RAFO!

~s
(who wonders if the OTOHA chips are given out for hours of non-refreshing or days)

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm tired and beat and my eyes hurt after staring at and grading too many essays (and I have a whole bunch of other essays coming up, sigh...)

Anyway, I liked these two parts! I mean, how can we not like this brilliant Carolfic?

But because I'm tired and lazy, I'm going to quite Sonia here:

*sigh* Lois is in love, Clark is in denial, Jimmy is in the family, and Martha--as always--is in the know.
Yes, that about sums it up! wink

But hey, Sonia, I think you mentioned the wrong body part of Clark's here:

I love it whenever you bring Martha in to wipe the mud outta Clark's eyes.
I think Martha was talking about another 'aspect' of Clark....

"You two put on a pretty good front, but you forget, I think, that I powdered your tushie.
Clark needs to have various parts of himself wiped, I think! But I loved Martha's stern mommy-talk. Listen to your mom, Clark! You have shaped up with Christopher already, so you can do it with Lois, too! After all, you have already acknowledged to yourself that it would not be a bad thing to be suckling at her breasts! laugh

Ann

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
I took a break from my writing to read your story Carol. The story has an interesting perspective and I like how you made it feel more real, than fairy tale (I'm sure that if this was a movie Hollywood would have cleaned up all the loose ends long ago <g>, to the determent of the story).

Truthfully though I don't know if I would still be hanging on to Lana's memory as long as Clark does in this story, especially after Lana had moved on. So good advice from his mom

Max

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ann, you've made a nice point there with the last sentence. And that might be a nice, evil step of Lois, especially given her off-hand stripping remark. Nowadays she's going into the nursery to nurse or covering herself with a blanket. Wonder what Clark would do if they where in their room and Lois just started nursing without covering up laugh

BTW: I went ahead and created this: OTOH Anonymous

Michael

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sad. Lois is in love with Clark and he barely tolerates her.

He does admit he's attracted to her, though. However, attraction and love are not the same thing. Is it a step? Yes. Should they just jump into bed because she loves him and he's attracted to her? NO. Absolutely not.

Like other people have said in this thread, they need to talk first. Bond, let their relationship develop.

Second, while Lois wants to sleep with Clark because she loves him (and actually tries subtle seductions)I don't think she would really want to sleep with him while he's still thinking about Lana, either.
Sex should be special. And I can't think of anything sadder, or more horrifying, than it being special to one parnter and "forced" or "just fun" for the other.

I will agree that he's shut off some of his early issues with Lois because he wanted to believe he didn't have any problems with Lana. In the cabin, he did have a dream/foreshadow where he and LOIS werer on their honeymoon. Furthermore there was this
Lana wouldn't understand that though.

I sighed. How was I going to tell her about all of this?

I'd talked to her for quite a while the day before, but I still hadn't mentioned the whole 'I *slept* with Lois' thing. I didn't really want to do that at all, but I knew I had to. It was going to be in person and somewhere she could yell at me without being interrupted. I'd have to tell her the whole story – maybe even play up the bit where, if the cabin had been much further away, I could have died. It didn't need much playing up – it was scary enough as it was – but if I could get her grateful to Lois first, it might help.

That bothered me. The idea that I had to censor – or felt I had to censor – what I told Lana. I should be able to tell her anything and everything and if she really loved and trusted me, it shouldn't matter if I slept in the same bed with another woman under extenuating circumstances.
He also mentioned in another passage (which I can't find) how much better he and Lois fit together when they were sleeping in the cabin than he and Lana ever did.

BUT I don't get the impression that all Clark and Lana ever did was make-out.
Clark said he missed having Lana as his BEST FRIEND in an earlier chapter.

Not just Lana my girlfriend or Lana the woman I planned on spending my life with, but Lana my *best* friend. The one person I'd always told everything to, except the Kryptonian stuff, of course. If I got into a fight with my parents, she was the one I'd turned to. If I did poorly on a test or when my essay came in third behind one with serious grammatical and spelling errors, she was the one I'd called.

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i was very sad as i was reading these parts - everything is just so unfair right now for them. i really feel for lois. but i got hopeful when martha butted it - love her! keep em coming!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Please don't let them make up too fast, Carol. We need more scenes with Martha butting in in her no-nonsense motherly way. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They call it Hope.

I swear Martha's my saving grace and voice of reason in every story.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm loving this story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard