Okay, I put this in Fanfic even though, technically, it is only a set-up for other fanfics to spring from. (Thus the clever title). It was mentioned in another thread how difficult is was to introduce other versions of Lois and Clark/Superman into a crossover story.

So, I thought I'd provide a vehicle for the gentle writers out there to allow our favorite Lois and Clark visit other Lois and Clarks. While not a true interactive crossover, it does allow for our dynamic duo to view the actions of other Lois and Clarks and comment on them.

Those of you who have been around for a while will recognise this as merely a variation on the premise that Phil used in his extremely entertaining "Couch Potatoes". I've always wanted to see more of that type of story, so maybe this can be a way to get more.

So what about it, gentle writers, anyone want to use this little set-up as the take off for a story of their own? I'll be waiting... wink .

The Set-Up
By Tank.

Clark Kent opened his front door and entered the brownstone he shared with his wife. It had been her day off and even though it had only been a little over eight hours since he saw her last, he'd missed her.

"Lois? Are you home?"

The dynamo that was Lois Lane burst into the living room from the kitchen. She launched herself at her husband, her lips hungrily seeking fulfillment after an entire day of abstinence.

"I've missed you."

Once the need for oxygen forced them to break their lip lock, Clark found himself chuckling. Lois swatted him across the chest.

"Don't make fun of me? I can't help it if I'm a woman in love?"

"I'm not laughing at you, Lois. I just find the situation funny. When I came in I was thinking about how much I had missed you too."

Lois joined him in more mild laughter. She shook her head in amusement. "What a pair we make now. From a couple of loners, to a pair of needy, middle-aged teenagers who can't get enough of each other."

Clark played with Lois' hair. "So what can we do about it?"

Lois pretended to think hard. "Well, I guess there is only one solution. We can't take different days off any more."

"Sounds like a good solution to me." He deeply kissed his wife again.

He picked her up and brought her over to the couch. As he sat down, Lois stayed in his arms and wound up on his lap. "So, besides, missing me terribly, what did you do with your day off?"

Lois' look suddenly turned coy. "Well... I did have a visitor." Clark raised his brow. "Herb came by to visit."

Clark's look became one of alarm. "Herb? As in Herbert George Wells?"

"That's the one." She giggled. "But he wasn't here because he needed our help with any great catastrophe or anything. He just dropped in to say hello."

"Just dropped by to say hello?" Lois nodded, but the telltale smirk on her face made Clark suspicious. "Lo-is, why do I think there is more to it than a simple social call?"

Lois leaned back and placed her head on Clark's chest. "Have you ever wondered how Herb knows so much about all those different worlds, and the Lois and Clark's on them?"

"Not really, but I get the impression that you have."

She swatted him again. "Well, of course I have. I mean it's not possible for him to physically visit all those worlds, yet he knows so much about... us, in all those different incarnations."

"And...?"

Lois started to get animated. "As it turns out, he has this futuristic viewer thingie. It looks sort of like a laptop but it lets him tune into the different vibratory frequencies of the different dimensions." Clark frowned at her. "Hey, I'm only telling you what he told me."

"So, he tunes into these different worlds and, what, waits until he happens to see our counterparts walk by?"

"No... apparently this viewer is somehow attuned to the Lois and Clark on each world." She saw the look on Clark's face. "Hey, who are we to say anything? The man built a time machine nearly a century ago."

Clark shrugged, and grinned at Lois. "I suppose you're right. So, did you and Herb spend the day spying on Lois and Clark's of other dimensions?"

Lois shook her head. "Not really. When I asked, he just showed me the viewer and how it worked. We took a quick look in on the Clark I met back when we had those run-ins with Tempus. He's fine by the way."

Clark rubbed her back. "I'm surprised you're not a little more disappointed. I imagine you'd enjoy checking up on many different Lois and Clark's."

Lois started using her fingertip to draw little circles on Clark's chest. "Well, Herb couldn't stay. He said he had someplace to be." The fingertip moved a little faster. "But I thought it might be more fun if... you and I cuddled up on this sofa and checked out a few different worlds." She looked up and gave Clark a sly smile. "Just the two of us, er, well, I guess the four of us."

"Lois?"

She jumped up, out of his lap, and ran into the other room. She was back within moments holding what did indeed look like a simple laptop. The only difference was a strange antenna that jutted out from the back of the machine.

"Lois, you didn't?"

Lois rolled her eyes. "Who are you talking too? Of course I did." She laughed at the frown on his face. "Oh, get over it. It's not like I stole it."

"Of course it is."

"Pish tosh. I only borrowed it. You know that Herb will figure out where he lost the viewer soon enough and come back for it. But until then we can have some fun checking out our counter parts on some other worlds."

Clark could only shake his head in amused defeat as he scooted over a bit as Lois planted herself next to him and opened up the viewer. He put his arm around her as he watched her press a small red button. Suddenly the screen lit up. Lois turned to Clark, a conspiratorial smile on her face.

"Where shall we go first?"

(That, gentle writers, is up to you).