Print Thread
#57080 11/17/08 05:10 PM
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
You have my eyes tearing! That was so moving... I really do love your writing =)

Very beautiful story Bob, can't wait for anything more from you =)

Sara "Lieta"
#57081 11/17/08 05:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Lieta. Beautiful story! The way it should have been (of course, then they couldn't have dragged it out for six or seven more episodes.) Glad to see Clark standing up for himself and not being a wimp in this story.

#57082 11/17/08 07:18 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved it too. It was so sweet! I just wish he could have told Lois that he was Superman too, but maybe that would have been too many shocks for one night....

Ann

#57083 11/18/08 12:52 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow Bob, that was beautiful. I love how you took that mess and fixed it all up so that it was touching and a real break through for them.

Please give us more.

#57084 11/18/08 03:52 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice! Excellent rewrite from Clark's point of view. You did a great job getting into his head and showing us his hopes and fears. Like Ann, I almost wish he'd shared that last secret with her, but maybe you could give us a sequel - say, in a week's time - where he meets her at his place for dinner and a movie and a revelation.

In fact, now I'm looking forward to it. So when are you posting?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#57085 11/18/08 04:58 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Bob, this was so sweet! I love how Clark pushed her a little bit.

One thing I didn't like about the show was Clark's always trying to give Lois exactly what she wanted. That's sweet for awhile, but every once in a while I wanted to hit him and tell him to fight for what he wanted.

I loved the way he did it in this story - he was stronger, without being aggressive. He was still essentially Clark.

#57086 11/18/08 05:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We need a melting into a WAFFy puddle emoticon...

That was beautiful...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#57087 11/18/08 11:10 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
loved it - beautiful, waffy and wonderful. I love how Clark finally showed some backbone in the relationship. He gently pushed Lois and did not back down.

robinson
#57088 11/18/08 04:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you all so much for the kind comments.

I wanted to see Clark do something just a little more forward but still try to stay true to where he was at mid-season-two. I believe that all things considered, he really would have tried to talk to Lois right then. I worked hard to capture Lois and Clark where they were at this time. Clark was easy but Lois was more difficult. My impression was that she REALLY didn’t want to talk any more that night.

Based on where I perceive Clark to be, I just couldn’t see him sharing the big secret with Lois under these circumstances. I believe that this Clark (mid/late season 2) had to know (I mean KNOW!) that Lois was committed to him as Clark before he could admit to being Superman.

Originally I had planned to stop right when Clark walks away from her door. But I think I have too much invested in this situation to walk away now. So, what I want to know is:

What will Lois think/feel/do in the morning?
What is Clark going to do about the Superman secret?

At this point, your guess is as good as mine. I really don’t know what will happen. Will Lois get scared again? Will Clark feel secure enough to tell Lois the Superman secret? What about the rest of the Lucky Leon plot? I have no idea! (Really, I don’t!) However, when I find out, I’m certain that a sequel will appear. (Whatever does happen, I suspect it will be WAFFy. love )

Again, thank you all for the feedback. I had a LOT of fun bringing forward this story.

Bob

#57089 11/19/08 03:18 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wow bob, beautiful writing!!
So will there be a next part, I want more!!
Like you said what'll lois think in the morning, how is she going to handle if Clark's gonna tell her his other secret... I hope you'll write more!!
-xxx- Lizzy

Lois: Oh leave that truth and justice stuff to Superman would you?!
Lois&Clark *sight*
Lois: See, I knew I shouldn't have told you! But you're my partner right??
#57090 11/19/08 07:54 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You were right, Bob. Tons of romantic fluff. Loved it smile Wonder what will happen when Clark finally tells Lois. She might get quite cranky at that wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#57091 11/19/08 07:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lizzy, Michael,

Thanks for the feedback. There is nothing better than having someone enjoy a story enough to ask for more. smile1

This is all still so new that I don't really know what to expect from one piece to the next. For "Door Slams" I knew that I wanted to tell the story but it came together much more quickly than I expected.

I can feel that the sequel is there "cooking" but I have no idea when it will be done and decide to write itself. (Weird, but that's pretty much how it seems to work so far.) In any case, I don't think it will be too long before we can all see what happens next.

Thanks again,
Bob

#57092 11/28/08 04:23 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just read this in preparation for reading the sequel--although the sequel will now have to wait since I ran out of time. It was very sweet. It brings me back to my own fond memories of when I reached a point where I no longer wanted to play the dating game; if I had to hide what I was feeling I was out of there. While I'm never opposed to a sequel, I thought you ended this at the perfect point. It had that wonderful mixture of hope and fulfillment.

Elisabeth

#57093 11/28/08 08:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Elisabeth,

Thanks for the feedback and I glad you enjoyed this, especially the ending (I worked really hard to try to get it just right. smile ) It was not my original intention to write a sequel. All I really wanted to do was:

1. Try my hand at a light WAFFy story.
2. Set it in that mid-season-2 time frame that has so many opportunities for these story types.
3. Make that silly door-slam episode go better.

I actually have a master plan (insert evil villain laugh and monologue here devil ) to revisit a number of the places that one or the other of our two heroes did a “stupid” such as Clark just walking away from the door. If I prove to have any talent at this, I hope to work up enough courage for a “graduation exam” of attempting to see what I can do with TOGOM. But that is a long way away.

I hope to be adding a long “Author's Note” in the FDK of “Morning After” that talks about the sequel and why I went there at all.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard